More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 12:30:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  This dorm must really suck
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: This dorm must really suck  (Read 3935 times)
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
This dorm must really suck
« on: 2006 March 12, 09:17:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okies, i have just installed the More Awesome Than You compilation, and now, when i play my sim at the unviersity, where she is living in a dorm, the other townie students are leaving in droves.

As far as I can tell, they go into fun failiure, and then leave the dorm, whereupon a new townie comes by, claims the door, stays a day,a nd ups and leaves.

I have several tvs, music going, chess tables, computers, and even some arcade games in the dorm, yet they still go into failiure over fun stuff, and leave.
Now, I wouldnt mind it if it were one or two here and there, but we are talking 2 to 3 an hour that ups and leaves, just to be replaced by another, who then does the same.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: This dorm must really suck
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 12, 09:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never seen that happen. I bet it's the cacophonious noise that's driving them away. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 12, 09:30:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm, considering they never turn the tv on, nor dance to the music, Ii doubt they even notice the dang thing. It seems they find the bookshelves the most interresting object in the whole place. Something i find quite odd, compared the the amount of fun objects I've scattered around, tring to keep them on the lot.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 12, 09:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, who cares if they move in and out revolving door fashion? It's not your problem anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 12, 21:32:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a problem similar to this once and I'm not sure but what it might've been related to using the Mind Control Mirror on the Dormies because I wanted to check their stats.

This was only a 4-room dorm, so I didn't end up with a ton of them leaving at once, but one of them left and came back about three or four times.  It's the only time anything remotely like you experienced ever happened in my game.

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 13, 01:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you see them leaving, or just the new people arriving?  I'm just thinking that if you have the nodormieinvulnerability that maybe your sim 'sees dead people' a lot.  But like Regina, I've seen a somewhat similar thing when making dormies selectable for make-overs pre OFB, I would see new people coming to replace them if they were selected too long.  Of course some died too because of the hack I mentioned up there  Cheesy
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 13, 07:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get a little notice saying goodbye, or see you later, and then the sim goes to his dorm door, removes his picture from it, and leaves the lot. Then another sim enters the lot, and claims the door.  Almost all of those that do this, have the "I am not having fun" bubble over their heads.

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 13, 09:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try removing all your hacks and play for a while. If the problem persists, something's fishy with your installation. If not, good luck finding the culprit!

Let the Beast inside you free!
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 13, 14:12:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's just strange.  Perhaps there's an outdated hack in there conflicting with something.   Do as DrBeast suggests first to see if it stops happening without the hacks installed.  If it does stop you'll have to work through your hacks to see which is the culprit.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: