More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 05:15:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  nannies...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: nannies...  (Read 5420 times)
incurok
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
nannies...
« on: 2007 July 10, 19:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to make your nanny a better nanny? the nanny in the game... or at least mine anyway is horrible! she neglects the kids and doesnt do what they need... she's just horible!!
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: nannies...
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 10, 20:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make your own playable nanny.  She/he will bring in $20K to the family and when no longer needed, just move the nanny out for circulation to the next family needing help.

Or, try a Servo nanny.  At least you can power them down and ignore until needed.  They make great gardeners.
incurok
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 10, 21:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you make your own playable nanny?
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 10, 21:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Baby controller and lobo nanny.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 10, 21:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you make your own playable nanny?

The same way you create any other Sim -- in CAS. I think you should have access to combining households (a feature introduced in Uni) if you have any EP, no matter which? Not sure, since Uni was my first EP. IF you do, you can just move her (or him) right in from the neighborhood screen. Otherwise, you can take your pick of numerous hacks and later-EP cheats that will help you add Sims to a household without having to befriend them first.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 10, 22:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to second Gwill on baby controller and lobo nanny - the other options result in you still having to direct a lot of the care, not much different to having a parent stay at home.  Baby controller and lobo nanny makes it pretty much set and forget.  Would be better if the baby controller could recognise the atavera toddler blankets, though.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 11, 01:46:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also install APO, then use it to ban disruptive types from rooms you don't want the nanny to go into.  Since my nurseries are usually snapdragonned, my babies & toddlers don't need to eat, so I ban the nanny from the kitchen via APO.  This stops her trying to burn the house down.

I agree that nannies recognising Atavera's toddler blanket would be awesome.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
incurok
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 11, 04:45:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah, I just made up a nanny and added it to the household.. I wasnt sure how that whole lobo or w/e nanny worked.. and so far its a lot easier w/ a 3rd person around to help full time. not sure what apo is either or how that works..
Morphar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 30, 18:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah, I just made up a nanny and added it to the household.. I wasnt sure how that whole lobo or w/e nanny worked.. and so far its a lot easier w/ a 3rd person around to help full time. not sure what apo is either or how that works..

I use the Nanny from "All in one NPC & Nanny" by christianlov http://files.sims2graveyard.com/christianlov/
You have to know what files to pick from there though.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 30, 23:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

not sure what apo is either or how that works..

The search bar here is your friend. Smiley  APO is Pescado's Authorized Personnel Only security system, found in his forums here, that gives you much finer control over who can enter rooms than just the locking doors do.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Warge
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 31, 10:55:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also install APO, then use it to ban disruptive types from rooms you don't want the nanny to go into.  Since my nurseries are usually snapdragonned, my babies & toddlers don't need to eat, so I ban the nanny from the kitchen via APO.  This stops her trying to burn the house down.

I agree that nannies recognising Atavera's toddler blanket would be awesome.

Why in heaven's name use this snapdragon thingy? Use the no fire from cooking hack  instead - then the nanny might burn the food, but the house willl still be there. A more realistic option IMO since a) kids do need to eat and b) it is very uncommon that fire breaks out due to cooking alone.

I have never understood this nanny problem - maybe I'm just lucky...  Roll Eyes

About Sven-Göran Eriksson:
The press were on his back because a) he's foreign, b bad news/slaggin someone off sells papers and c) he can pull fitter birds than those alcoholic gobshite fleetstreet hacks could dream about
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 31, 14:29:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why in heaven's name use this snapdragon thingy? Use the no fire from cooking hack  instead - then the nanny might burn the food, but the house willl still be there. A more realistic option IMO since a) kids do need to eat and b) it is very uncommon that fire breaks out due to cooking alone.

I have never understood this nanny problem - maybe I'm just lucky...  Roll Eyes

I've observed that the nannies seem to be programmed to go into the kitchen about an hour after they arrive, whether anyone in the house is hungry or not.  So she's NOT going into the kitchen because the kids need to eat.  She's doing it without any regard for the hunger state of anyone on the lot (including her own hunger state).  If the nanny was actually responding to the hunger needs of her charges (or her own hunger need), then I wouldn't be locking her out of the kitchen, but that's not how she is programmed.

Personally, I don't want a "no fire from cooking" hack.  I have never had an accidental death in my game - unless you count the one nanny who burned herself to death while cooking (when nobody was hungry), with the result that I lost a toddler to the social worker as no replacement nanny turned up.  I keep hoping that I will get accidental deaths among my playables so installing a "no fire from cooking" hack would be counter-productive for me as it would reduce the already too-rare opportunities for accidental deaths.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 31, 14:35:46 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 31, 19:22:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally found a good use for nannies... forgot that one simmie had hired one (she was desperate to go to work)...and the nanny showed up last night and promptly went out in the back yard, ignored the locked gate and fence around the cowplant and grabbed the cake...

So now that household not only has a zombie (the father was equally stupid and was brought back as a zombie on purpose), but it has a lovely green ghost that loves to scare children half to death.

And of course, the next night, a new nanny showed up for work.  This one however, managed to ignore her cravings for birthday cake... darn.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: