More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 00:07:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Downloading from the exchange with an arred version
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Downloading from the exchange with an arred version  (Read 6165 times)
Vanni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Downloading from the exchange with an arred version
« on: 2009 July 03, 02:02:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Subject says it all. There's mostly crap in the exchange...but there's a few things that look ok. However I can't get them without signing up on the site. And I can't do that cause I have the arred version.

I did search for this, so if it exists, I apologize.

But anyone know what I can do for this?

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Downloading from the exchange with an arred version
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 03, 02:04:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15330.0.html

I can verify that it does indeed work but you need Firefox and to have the Greasemonkey plugin installed.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Vanni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 03, 02:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can verify it all you like, but the fact that Greasemonkey can't open the script to edit it...saying there are errors...would prove you wrong.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 03, 03:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can verify it all you like, but the fact that Greasemonkey can't open the script to edit it...saying there are errors...would prove you wrong.

No that just proves you did something wrong.  Tongue

Don't be a smart ass, I was trying to help. Obviously I am verifying from my experience. I am not responsible for user error. If you need assistance that ask for it next time instead of being cheeky.  Angry

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Bass Junkie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 03, 04:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say the fact that it's working for everyone else proves that you're a retard.

Edit: Never mind the fact that you decided to create your own thread instead of post in appropriately labelled thread.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 03, 05:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tap into the adress bar

sims3://download/?assetId=99999

just replacing the number with the lot that you want, and the launcher just opens. Never any problems.
And certrtainly no firefox extension needed. Huh
Vanni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 03, 14:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No that just proves you did something wrong.  Tongue

Don't be a smart ass, I was trying to help. Obviously I am verifying from my experience. I am not responsible for user error. If you need assistance that ask for it next time instead of being cheeky.  Angry

Actually...I followed your directions in that thread to the letter. And every time I would try to drag the js file into firefox it would just open a new browser window with the script in it. It wouldn't give me any install prompt like you said it would. So I tried to add a new script using the information from the code. When it prompted me to choose the file with said script, I chose the file and it came up with an error. I double and triple checked to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong before I posted.

So, since you got it to work, tell me...why would your instructions not work?

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 03, 15:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15139.0.html

It was in a different section.

Now, try dialing down the 'tude before you get eaten. People have been trying to help you.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Aquilegia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 03, 15:20:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because one didn't have the Greasemonkey extension installed or enabled. Without that extension running, Firefox's default action will be to open the .js file.

Vanni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 03, 17:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because one didn't have the Greasemonkey extension installed or enabled. Without that extension running, Firefox's default action will be to open the .js file.

okay, I must have been unclear.

I have greasemonkey installed and enabled.

No clue why it's not working for me.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 03, 17:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it giving you any errors? Do you have Noscript enabled on Firefox? You might check to make sure you have given permissions for the scripts on the pages to run.

Aquilegia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 03, 18:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm. The only thing that comes to mind is that, when you created the .js file, your text editor saved it as .txt (which if you used Notepad, I believe it'll do by default). If you have common file extensions hidden (which is default in Windows XP--the files display their names and the appropriate icon, but no extension), the .js file may look like it has the right extension but actually be seen as a txt file by programs--and you'd end up with the result you've gotten.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 03, 19:17:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another tip for the new guy:

We don't like double posting here. We prefer, that if you have multiple people to respond to that you use the quote function (which you know how to do) and combine them all into one post. Some other forums want one reply for each post, but here it's different (we frown on post count pumping and bumping threads) If you can, modify your posts and combine them all into one. When you are making a new post, you can scroll down and view older posts and hit the "insert quote" button and it will automagically add the tag to what you are typing.

Good luck. I'm letting you know all this because you seem to actually be trying. Keep it up.

Vanni
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 03, 21:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another tip for the new guy:

We don't like double posting here. We prefer, that if you have multiple people to respond to that you use the quote function (which you know how to do) and combine them all into one post. Some other forums want one reply for each post, but here it's different (we frown on post count pumping and bumping threads) If you can, modify your posts and combine them all into one. When you are making a new post, you can scroll down and view older posts and hit the "insert quote" button and it will automagically add the tag to what you are typing.

Good luck. I'm letting you know all this because you seem to actually be trying. Keep it up.
Hm. The only thing that comes to mind is that, when you created the .js file, your text editor saved it as .txt (which if you used Notepad, I believe it'll do by default). If you have common file extensions hidden (which is default in Windows XP--the files display their names and the appropriate icon, but no extension), the .js file may look like it has the right extension but actually be seen as a txt file by programs--and you'd end up with the result you've gotten.
Is it giving you any errors? Do you have Noscript enabled on Firefox? You might check to make sure you have given permissions for the scripts on the pages to run.

Okay these are out of order...but whatever. XD

I don't have noscript. So that's not an issue.

I'm gonna try and see if it's actually a txt file...if it is, then that is another part of the windows system that irks me.

And Jelendra...thanks for the advice. Smiley

Edit: Nope...it's a js file...it's just behaving like a text file when I try to drag it onto Firefox. grr...this is truly frustrating.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: