More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 07:48:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Restock Signs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Restock Signs  (Read 4856 times)
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Restock Signs
« on: 2006 July 11, 22:36:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know there were mentions of the restocking signs that end up in weird places on here sometime but I can't seem to find where anyone wrote a solution to it. It's gotten much worse in my game. I can't just assign someone to restock because the get hung up on the ones that can never be restocked. Driving me nuts so if someone could help me out that'd be great! Thanks!

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Restock Signs
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 11, 22:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Lot Debugger contains an attempted solution at lost restocking signs, but frankly it is a mystery why it happens at all. You can zap all potentially lost restocking signs with it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 11, 22:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for that JM! And for such a quick reply even. Wow you're so cool! ::grin::

What a night for a dance, you know I'm a dancing machine. With the fire in my bones and the sweet taste of kerosene. ~King of Leon
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 11, 23:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok feeling incredability stupid... which option do I use for it? ::puts dunce hat on her head on her own, cause knows she should be able to figure this out, but can't::

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 12, 01:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be pretty obvious when you click on it. Don't make me hurt you.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 12, 02:23:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use objects that have been modified for proper storage on shop shelves.
Windkeeper at TSR offers lovely stuff where stocksigns won't end up in weird places when the items get sold.

Or use boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and force-delete the stocksigns if you don't want to use the lot debugger.

Go Away
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 12, 06:57:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok feeling incredability stupid... which option do I use for it? ::puts dunce hat on her head on her own, cause knows she should be able to figure this out, but can't::

That was simply my stupidest question to date. I sincerly apoligize for you even having to read it JM. I blame it on the fact that at the time I was getting mauled by a 5 yr old and 2yr old (not mine!). Still bad.

I am curious how you might hurt me though? Mainly cause I'm weird and like to know things like that.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 12, 06:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would detonate BlueSoup's fat head at you, of course.

ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 12, 22:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right Of course. ::Shakes her hand in mock fright. Smirks as she suddenly stops it:: I'm sooo scared.

Would you really do that to a sweet fellow Montanian? ::bats eyelashes all sweet like::

Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 13, 05:32:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, the only way I have been able to get rid of them (since they are not clickable or selectable in buy/build mode) is to remember which tile they are on and put the stuck object remover there. That kills em...er, burninates them, rather.
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 13, 06:44:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far, the only way I have been able to get rid of them (since they are not clickable or selectable in buy/build mode) is to remember which tile they are on and put the stuck object remover there. That kills em...er, burninates them, rather.

Where would I find the stuck object remover? The lot debugger has helped but they keep coming back. It's damn annoying.

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 July 13, 06:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where would I find the stuck object remover?
Click here.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 July 13, 07:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Force error, delete.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 July 13, 13:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Force error, delete.

I vaguely remember trying that (been a couple of months since I had OFB officially in my game) but it never seemed to work for some of the ones that ended up in odd places (like across the street and stacked on the same tile), and they disappeared in buy/build mode.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 July 13, 21:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to force error/delete each one individually - so if there's a whole bunch piled up, it seems like it isn't working, but it really is. Just takes awhile. Then to get them not reoccuring, don't put the same stock on the same shelf (only way I know :() It's something to do with how some items are made and how they work with the shelves (even Maxis stuff - I had a bunch of standard computers that did this, ended up selling computers on desks instead and that worked).

I'm not sure about tiles that are outside of area, nor how the 2nd patch (that lets you put stuff there again) works - so you might be really stuck if you've got something along the area where the mailbox goes or something.

Unsouper
ChamiMinds
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 July 14, 23:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that it's just one of those horrible annoyances I'll have to live with. But all of these hacks and such you all mentioned do help make it less annoying. Thanks to all of you!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: