More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 03:09:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  arranged Marriages
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: arranged Marriages  (Read 3692 times)
CrystylVu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
arranged Marriages
« on: 2007 April 29, 04:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a hack somewhere that foregoes the relationship score and allows two virtual strangers to get married?  I rarely allow certain sims to fraternize with anyone other than family.  These sims rarely court anyone either until theire intended pops into theire lives.  For sake of storyline I would like these sims to be married and be allowed woo hoo for sake of procreation.  After all for these sims the term "what's love got to do with it" is most appropriate.  That applies to fortune seekers too if you think about it, as all they really want is an heir to theire wealth after that they really could care less about actually interacting with the children.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: arranged Marriages
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 29, 07:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm not sure if there's a hack that allows for non-loving Sims to marry, but I do know that there are a few that will allow Sims that aren't in love to WooHoo (TwoJeff's Autonomous Casual Romance hack comes to mind). Perhaps you could use a cheat of some sort (like the Quick Relations adjuster in the InSimenator) to change their relationship to Love just long enough to get them to the altar (if you want an actual ceremony) and once it's over, you can change them back to acquaintances.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 29, 08:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using Inteen, ACR, romancemod and noinstantlove (and many many others) and I'm not sure which hack causes that, but my Sims can propose committed relationship (adults too, because of Inteen), engagement and marriage while being best friends (LTR 50 or above), no romantic feelings necessary.

Yesterday I've married an elderly couple without even a single kiss before wedding.  Smiley But I admit they fell in love meanwhile because of autonomous flirting. There were whines of noinstantlove being too strict - it is not! Now with Seasons, falling in love should be easy only on Spring, and in other seasons almost impossible. I've never noticed any seasonal differences on that matter.  Undecided

I'll check my hacks and figure out which one causes that desired effect.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 29, 09:03:03 by Nauthiz » Logged

Me: One of my Sims just made a fire in the kitchen.
My Grandma: How? Did he burn a dishcloth?
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 29, 09:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good timing  Grin.
I've just upped here a wedding arch that allows arranged/convenience marriages. It's a work in progress and it still requires some tweaking (like setting engagement flags manually), but its basic functionality works.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 29, 19:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With noinstantlove (and nothing un-awesome) I once had a couple get married where she never fell in love with him.  She did have a crush, they were best friends, and up until the actual marriage she refused to make out with him (although she would woohoo).  She rolled "Fall in love with $subject" several times, and I had it locked forever with no luck, and double checked in simPE that nothing funny or glitchy had happened.  In the end I managed to get her to fall in love by giving her husband a beard and feeding them both love potions.  It was sort of charming.

I know a lot of people think noinstantlove is too strict, but I find it refeshing; especially in combination with the rest of the director's cut.  It makes romance sims have to work for their food.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 01, 17:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i also love nointantlove. I have a sim x who was head over heals in love with y, and she was ok with him but never fell in love. Until they went to college, now she is in love with x´s cousin, z. x is furios at z and z likes to wohoo y (acr) but does not love her.

Its so much fun ;-)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: