More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 00:47:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Kitty Condo
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Kitty Condo  (Read 22163 times)
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Kitty Condo
« Reply #50 on: 2007 May 03, 23:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my real cats love their cheap version of this bed http://www.catsplay.com/bci119105.php3  (the cheap version is only $10 at BJs), when I bought the first one I didn't think any of our 3 cats would use it but within just a couple days they were fighting over it  Cheesy 

I haven't let any of my sims have pets in ages but when I did the cats would sometimes sleep on the condo (but never in it).

I find it really annoying that pets can't sleep if a tv or radio is turned on in the same room!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 May 03, 23:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the general issue where every single source of noise is considered to be a deafening boom, and sims cannot sleep through any kind of noise.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 May 04, 00:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the general issue where every single source of noise is considered to be a deafening boom, and sims cannot sleep through any kind of noise.

But large dog barking, cat yowling in the middle of the night, infant crying when held by someone - that isn't any noise at all. I'd really like to see a fix to that - no more so peaceful sleep at night, unless you disallow pets from your bedroom!  Grin

Me: One of my Sims just made a fire in the kitchen.
My Grandma: How? Did he burn a dishcloth?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 May 04, 16:03:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mikko's favorite was similar to this cat pyramid, though it was more of a vinyl material. It had a pom-pom attached at the top that he liked to play with, and was very fun to roll off the couch, apparently. Soren used a carpet teepee as scratching post, toy, and bed when he was little...but he quickly got too huge. He prefers to sleep on my lap anyways.

Anyways, if some of us didn't learn how to sleep through yowling and whirring in the night, we'd never get any sleep.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2007 May 04, 17:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I got my kitten, a year ago, I also bought him a scratching post thing (that very much resembles the kitty condo, actually) with things hanging from it, and all the cats would do was scratch the post and bat at the hanging things.

That is, until we wanted to take one to the vet just last morning. Searched for him for quite some time, looking in his usual spots, fearing he'd snuck out to try and get something to eat (having been denied food since 10pm, as he was going in for a bit of an operation) ... Finally found him in the hut part at the base of his scratching post thing. And he did not want to leave.

Cats. Roll Eyes

I do wish that Sim cats would use the condo more. I seem to recall that being the only bedding I gave them in Unleashed, and they used it (I don't recall them sleeping on the floor and getting in the way, anyway) -- sometimes I like to give Sims more than one cat (I like the way cats interact with each other, friendly or otherwise) and I'd prefer to just buy one condo, instead of multiple pet beds. I do have, and use, those one-tile pet beds, but still...

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 May 04, 19:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My cat is now ignoring her new $6.50 bed and is sleeping on the carpet in the middle of the lounge. (My RL cat, that is).  Roll Eyes

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 May 04, 19:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't bothered to buy any specific cat-furniture. Everyone knows cats stubbornly refuse to use them until you try to throw them out, anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 May 04, 19:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My cat is now ignoring her new $6.50 bed and is sleeping on the carpet in the middle of the lounge. (My RL cat, that is).  Roll Eyes

Maybe your cat is afraid of heights. Like, anything more than 2 cms.  Cheesy

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 May 04, 20:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine love their cat condo- at least the top of it. It's a Prime sleeping location. Plus, it's next to the stairs right now, and means they don't have to actually walk all the way DOWN the stairs and around the corner, they can short cut through the railing and down their condo without having to jump terribly far (Yes, they're lazy) I also think they like it because they can watch the door, the stairs, and the entire first floor from the perch. The fraidy one also likes to sleep in the tunnel part when he's brave enough to leave from under the couch but still too scared to be out in the open- like when we've had guests for more than a couple hours. They also use it for claw sharpening. This is the 2nd one we've bought them, and they took to it right away. All of them definitely like being over my head. LOL

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 May 04, 20:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good thought, but no.  Cheesy  This cat likes her possie on top of the carport roof where she can watch the neighbourhood pets and people going about their business. I think she just likes being contrary.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 May 04, 21:04:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good thought, but no.  Cheesy  This cat likes her possie on top of the carport roof where she can watch the neighbourhood pets and people going about their business. I think she just likes being contrary.
It could be that it's too new. Pet beds are usually ignored in my apartment until they've sat around for a few days. I've taken to putting a sock and a catnip rattle toy inside them and that seems to solve the issue. My kitties love sleeping on my clothes. With Soren, it's just because he's a total momma's boy, with Mikko I suspect it's that I purposely used to lay clothing over any surface I thought he'd be remotely interested in sleeping in when he was little (the theory being that he would get used to my scent and therefore de-feralize faster).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: