More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 06:49:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Yellowpee again... (two more issues)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Yellowpee again... (two more issues)  (Read 6847 times)
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Yellowpee again... (two more issues)
« on: 2006 November 25, 22:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've already thanked today for correcting this hack.

But... pulling prank on a sprinkler results in leaving water puddles everywhere, doesn't it? Well, it does, after removing yellowpee. Otherwise the floor remains dry.

Where should I click to produce an error log?...

(Edited to change the subject.)
« Last Edit: 2006 December 16, 19:09:28 by Nauthiz » Logged

Me: One of my Sims just made a fire in the kitchen.
My Grandma: How? Did he burn a dishcloth?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Yellowpee again...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 26, 05:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have not observed problem. Sprinklers sprinkle fine in my game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 26, 05:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I've seen that too, and I don't have anything else in my game that affects puddles.  I haven't had puddles from the sprinklers in a while, so it's probably something else interacting with yellowpee, but I don't mind since I hate having to have my sim stop doing college stuff and go mop up. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 26, 17:17:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have not observed problem. Sprinklers sprinkle fine in my game.

They do sprinkle, they just don't leave any puddles. I took out all my downloads (clothes, genetics, everything), leaving only four files from yellowpee.zip, and still there are no puddles to mop up. So it's not a hack conflict.

I don't mind since I hate having to have my sim stop doing college stuff and go mop up. Smiley

I do mind.  Smiley They should have to mop it up, gain those cleaning points and have a reason to hate the stupid prankster. Tongue Anyway, I know that for some people it would be a feature, but for me having no puddles after setting off a sprinkler feels like cheating, so I consider it as a bug.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 26, 17:33:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thing is I haven't done anything to the sprinkler, and it sprinkles fine in my game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 26, 20:23:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do mind.  Smiley They should have to mop it up, gain those cleaning points and have a reason to hate the stupid prankster. Tongue Anyway, I know that for some people it would be a feature, but for me having no puddles after setting off a sprinkler feels like cheating, so I consider it as a bug.

Cow Mascots got so annoying to me that I've either banned them completely, or put one of TwoJeff's Cow Head things in each dorm to keep them occupied when they show up.  So I pretty much never have the problem with them setting off the sprinklers anymore anyway.

The only other time the sprinklers go off is when the cafeteria idiot sets the food on fire, in which case I don't see why MY sim should have to clean it up. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 27, 09:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always just placed sprinklers firstly, OVER the stove, making it impossible for anyone to get under it to set it off, and secondly, in locked kitchens, to defend against food theft. Never even seen a sprinkler prank.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 27, 09:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes sprinklers do not make puddles. There must be some logic to this, but what it is, I don't know. Could it have something to do with which floor type is used? Sprinklers on linoleum or tile always seem to make puddles, but I haven't seen them work over carpet or wood.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 27, 09:55:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Puddles can't spawn in certain squares like door-open squares or other blocked invisible tiles. Sometimes they'd spawn in a completely different room entirely, but the noteleportpuddle fix required for yellow pee forbids puddles from teleporting to other rooms, so they then just don't spawn at all.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 27, 11:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That'd explain it. I guess the invisible stove, fridge, dishwasher, and trashcompacter piles are preventing them from appearing. I don't tend to have counters which are just counters in my kitchens.
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 16, 19:08:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've made a break from playing, but now I'm coming back.  Wink

I've made more tests and indeed the problem lies in noteleportpuddle being too strict. It wasn't so strict in previous version, does it really have to be this way?

But, I found a few interactions not covered by yellowpee:

1) I didn't know until today that fully outgoing male sims can pee on the Electric Reindeer! Unfortunately they pee blue;

2) Sometimes, when you yell at pet, it wets itself; again, the pee is blue. I've recently had a cat who wetted himself and started to lick it. Ewwww.

3) I'll keep asking for recoloring the little puddle in cats' litterbox. Shouldn't all pee in the game be yellow, anyway?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 17, 05:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've made more tests and indeed the problem lies in noteleportpuddle being too strict. It wasn't so strict in previous version, does it really have to be this way?
Puddles could never spawn in restricted areas, and if it wasn't strict, they'd teleport through walls or end up lost on the opposite side of the lot. So yes, it does.

1) I didn't know until today that fully outgoing male sims can pee on the Electric Reindeer! Unfortunately they pee blue;

2) Sometimes, when you yell at pet, it wets itself; again, the pee is blue. I've recently had a cat who wetted himself and started to lick it. Ewwww.
Fixed.

3) I'll keep asking for recoloring the little puddle in cats' litterbox. Shouldn't all pee in the game be yellow, anyway?
There's no actual puddle in the litterbox, that's a graphical state on the litterbox and outside what I can directly affect.

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Yellowpee again... (two more issues)
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 17, 09:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which means if you want yellow pee in the litterbox, recolor the litterbox?
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 17, 13:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixed.

Tested. Yelling at pet works fine. But reindeer peeing doesn't -- old chocolate puddle problem strikes again. Toddlers steal it, dogs lick it and roll in it, a total mess.

There's no actual puddle in the litterbox, that's a graphical state on the litterbox and outside what I can directly affect.

Well, I'm aware of that. What I meant was if the litterbox recoloring could be included in yellowpee hack, just for consistency?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 17, 13:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tested. Yelling at pet works fine. But reindeer peeing doesn't -- old chocolate puddle problem strikes again. Toddlers steal it, dogs lick it and roll in it, a total mess.
Arr! Curse you, chocolate puddle bug! Try now. Rewrote it to hopefully prevent chocolate puddles.

Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 17, 15:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tested again. No more chocolate puddle bug. Thanks. I wonder why is it always me who spots those things. I begin to feel like an official yellowpee tester or something.  Tongue

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 17, 19:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I begin to feel like an official yellowpee tester or something.  Tongue

You have higher aspirations in life? Tongue

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: