More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 27, 00:55:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Error on hungry kitten - hack conflict?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Error on hungry kitten - hack conflict?  (Read 8658 times)
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Error on hungry kitten - hack conflict?
« on: 2006 October 23, 19:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something is messing my game and I'm trying to track it down. Maybe someone who understands error logs better than me could give me a clue?

The error occurs with a hungry kitten, somewhere around a first "Hungry!" thought bubble should appear. I'm not able to reset it, I can only delete it. It looks like a hack conflict, since when all hacks are removed, I'm not able to reproduce it. But I'm not 100 percent sure, because the lot resets while lacking some hacks and I have to lower the hunger bar manually.

I've ruled out most of the non-awesome hacks and I'm still working on it, but maybe someone can make sth out of the error log. I can provide list of my hacks if necessary. I'm already tired of constantly reloading the game, help!

(I guess the error log is no longer necessary.)
« Last Edit: 2006 October 23, 21:02:58 by Nauthiz » Logged

Me: One of my Sims just made a fire in the kitchen.
My Grandma: How? Did he burn a dishcloth?
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Error on hungry kitten - hack conflict?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 23, 20:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

have you tried taking the insimenator out?
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 23, 20:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

have you tried taking the insimenator out?

Yes, I started from it, since it's said it won't work properly. Smiley But with most of the hacks out and Insimenator in, everything works fine. I also ruled out most of Squinge hacks, now I'm adding other non-awesome ones one by one. Well, now I have only 100 files to go.  Tongue

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 23, 20:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is something that modifies the sim menu.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 23, 20:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? Because the stack frame clearly says "from PetGlobals" not PersonGlobals.

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 23, 20:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is trying to push the 'Be asked to fill food bowl' from the Sim menu.
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 23, 21:01:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Found it!

And the winner is... childrensleepover.package, made by Squinge. Well, it IS on the Pets-incompatible list and I must have missed it.  Angry Funny, it says "EP3 required" and I had no problems earlier, having no OFB. Smiley

Thanks for all help. Smiley

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 23, 21:02:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I see. Like my nudist mod.  Grin

Need to keep all those hacks up to date.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 23, 21:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

childsleepover?

What does kids being able to sleep over have to do with filling the cat's bowl or hunger is what I want to know
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 23, 21:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Need to keep all those hacks up to date.

I'm trying to, but there are too many of them... And if I were a bit more careful in reading, I just could save this few hours for playing. Sad

childsleepover?

What does kids being able to sleep over have to do with filling the cat's bowl or hunger is what I want to know

I would never thought of it, either. At first I removed everything related to food and motives. Otherwise I would track it earlier.

One more thing: does 'Be asked to fill food bowl' mean that the kitten would ask my Sim for food? She didn't. She let to be tossed in the air and played stupidly, the message "Zoe is starving" came, but she didn't even try to ask. I noticed that kittens can't do even half of the thing adult cats do. Even play a toy mouse, why? They just sleep, eat, pee and walk from one room to another. They're utterly boring!
« Last Edit: 2006 October 23, 21:46:30 by Nauthiz » Logged

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 23, 22:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They seem to need to be taught to eat, which is quite difficult since you can only encourage them once they HAVE eaten. Maybe try offering human food?

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 23, 23:49:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

childsleepover?

What does kids being able to sleep over have to do with filling the cat's bowl or hunger is what I want to know.

Because both of those interactions are accessed through the same pie menu (the sim menu). Hacking the sim menu is a VBT unless it is absolutely necessary to the functioning of the mod (as it is with Inteen). The childsleepover should have been written as a plug-in social menu object, not a hack of the sim menu. Definately non-awesome to hack the sim menu for something so trivial.
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 23, 23:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that's not the problem. She eats pet food all right when it is served. Although sometimes she stops before fulfilling her hunger bar, thinking "crossed pet food" and, at one time, "Lunch Meat Sandwich" -- I guess she wants to try Sim food, but she has no trained behaviours yet, so it doesn't affect her ability to eat.

I meant that when pet bowl was empty, she didn't go to her Sim and meowed to make her fiil the bowl. I vaguely recall seeing adult cat doing that. Most of interesting behavious are disabled for kittens. Ok, it's realistic that kitten can't jump on bed or counter, but why it can't play the toy mouse or go inside the "Los Gatos Condominiums" (what's the normal name of it in English, anyway? Smiley). If it isn't hardcoded, it would be nice to unlock it... (hint hint Smiley)

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 23, 23:57:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting...thanks for clearing that up, I have never messed with that mod or even looked at it.

Because both of those interactions are accessed through the same pie menu (the sim menu). Hacking the sim menu is a VBT unless it is absolutely necessary to the functioning of the mod (as it is with Inteen). The childsleepover should have been written as a plug-in social menu object, not a hack of the sim menu. Definately non-awesome to hack the sim menu for something so trivial.
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 23, 23:59:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I'd really like to know is why can't it get milk from it's mother like kittens who are too young to jump (or at least climb) onto beds 'normally' do?  Roll Eyes  I guess that sort of thing was too 'taboo' to program into this game? *stupid EA* lol   I know for a fact that healthy kittens who are able to eat from bowls are usually able to climb stairs and climb onto beds, chairs, couches etc.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 24, 00:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I meant that when pet bowl was empty, she didn't go to her Sim and meowed to make her fiil the bowl. I vaguely recall seeing adult cat doing that. Most of interesting behavious are disabled for kittens. Ok, it's realistic that kitten can't jump on bed or counter, but why it can't play the toy mouse or go inside the "Los Gatos Condominiums" (what's the normal name of it in English, anyway? Smiley). If it isn't hardcoded, it would be nice to unlock it... (hint hint Smiley)
That *IS* the normal name. It simply is "The Cat Condos". They're being silly and Californian, you see names like that all the time in that hellhole.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 24, 00:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That *IS* the normal name. It simply is "The Cat Condos". They're being silly and Californian, you see names like that all the time in that hellhole.

Well, "cat condos" seems a  bit more normal name. Smiley Besides, the Polish name, translated literally, is something like "The Thing to Scratch".

(Grr, I feel my English fails me when it comes to write, although I understand everything perfectly...)

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 24, 10:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you just volunteer to do the Polish translation for all my stringsets?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 October 24, 11:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh...I'm lucky there are no greek translations to be done, what with me being the only greek in here!

Let the Beast inside you free!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 October 24, 11:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who needs translations anyway =p

I play in English, not Dutch or German.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 October 24, 11:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I'm forced to use greek Windoze both at work and at home, and I HATE IT! Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a crappier translation!

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 October 24, 11:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't even work with Dutch or German Windoze. All the menus are translated to something weird...

I've been using English OSes since the first time I was able to get a CD of one.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 October 24, 11:32:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blessed is he who doesn't have to share his 'puter with a not-fluent-in-english person!  Wink

Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 October 24, 21:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My own PC is running Linux, so I play Sims on my parents' one (if I can borrow it  Tongue) Recently I finally switched my game to English,  because I read English Sims forums and my reverse translating wasn't always succesful. ;-)

Did you just volunteer to do the Polish translation for all my stringsets?

Well, if you really want them translated, I guess I could give it a try, but I don't guarantee the results.  Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: