More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 27, 10:34:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pets without OFB hacks question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pets without OFB hacks question  (Read 2197 times)
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Pets without OFB hacks question
« on: 2006 October 22, 11:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just installed Pets (I was going to wait for the Inteen update, but the addiction is helpless, I guess Smiley), but I don't have OFB and I'm not going to buy it. Now I update hacks that need to be updated. So far, everything seems to work correctly, but I'm a bit afraid that some of them will have OFB-specific code and will screw up. Is there a danger like that, or EP4 supplies all necessary code even if EP3 is missing?

BTW, Twojeffs gave a clear list of his hacks to update, but I'm not sure about J.M.Pescado mods. I just went into pets/hacks/ directory and updated everything that had October time stamp. Is it all right?

Me: One of my Sims just made a fire in the kitchen.
My Grandma: How? Did he burn a dishcloth?
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Pets without OFB hacks question
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 22, 11:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anything in the pets directory will be either updated for pets, or will have been found to be fine without needing to be updated.

Afraid I can't answer the question regarding the lack of EP3 though.  I'm still suffering from a terminal lack of EP4 - Australians have to wait until Thursday before it is even released here Sad
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 22, 20:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I understand it, every EP builds upon the code of the previous EP/SP. Theoretically, even tho you don't actually have OFB, you could unlock most if not all of the OFB features now that you have Pets. Since Pets pretty much includes all of the OFB code, any hacks that have been updated for Pets specifically should be fine to use. If there is any OFB specific related stuff, it most likely will be harmless. In your game, most likely OFB related code will just be ignored. For example, anything that tests if a sim is a Servo will always return false since you'll never have any Servos in your game without OFB enabled.

Ste
« Last Edit: 2006 October 23, 08:09:54 by syberspunk » Logged

Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 22, 21:20:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Syberspunk, that's the reassuring I needed.  Grin

Me: One of my Sims just made a fire in the kitchen.
My Grandma: How? Did he burn a dishcloth?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: