More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 21:59:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to make custom hair into DNA?? - Please read the ENTIRE post.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to make custom hair into DNA?? - Please read the ENTIRE post.  (Read 3445 times)
MorningGloryVirgo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
How to make custom hair into DNA?? - Please read the ENTIRE post.
« on: 2006 December 03, 18:24:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm wanting to take the current custom hair on my sim and make it into her genetics, so when she has a baby, that hair will be its dominant gene. This is on a born in game sim.

In a nut shell here's an example:

current genetics
Black hair -dom
red hair -rec

What I want it to be is:
custom hair -dom
red/black/etc (any of 'em) -rec

If this makes better sense (hope it does), my current sim has a maxis generated hair, the color is her DNA. I've gone in and changed her hair using the mirror/change appearance to a custom one I've downloaded. I want the custom hair to be her genetic makeup, not the maxis generated one.

I don't use sim surgery. So don't tell me to export my sim, clone it and do this and this because I'll ignore it. I don't understand simsurgery (used all the tutorials and its just confusing and way to time consuming).

I have SimPE, yes I know that it works for CAS (give a sim custom hair, offspring have the same custom hair cause it's in the mother/father's genetic makeup.) If there is a tutorial on MTS2 then please post the link because I have yet to find it and I've been looking for it for a very long time with no luck, and the assholes over there don't know what respond to a help thread means. ARG! *is frustrated* Someone plese HELP!

Thanks
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: How to make custom hair into DNA?? - Please read the ENTIRE post.
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 03, 19:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Change Appearance has no effect on a Sim's DNA.  If you want the custom hair to be passed down in the DNA, then you have to alter the SDNA information in SimPE.  Do the following:

1) Open SimPE, use Sim Browser to find the Sim you want to modify, then click OK to bring up the Sim Information screen.

2) Click on More, then Open Sim DNA.  This will display a screen with genetic information (hair, eyes, skintone).  The top half is dominant, the bottom half is recessive.  Replace the string for the hairstyle in the top half of the screen with the string that corresponds to your custom hair.

For example, replace the Maxis default brown hair
00000002-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
with
acf276bb-4c70-f9a0-386e-cf96a987570f (or whatever the code is for your particular custom hair)

3) Commit.

4) Save your neighborhood file and exit SimPE.

If you do not know what the code is for your Sim's current custom hair (the one you're trying to make genetic), you can find out by doing the following:

1) Open SimPE, go to Sim Browser, find the Sim, click OK to view their information.  Click on More, then click on Open Character File.  This will close your neighborhood file, so be sure to save when prompted to do so.

2) In the character file, click on Age Data.  Now look at the plugin view, find the string labeled "haircolor" and click on it.  This is the code for the custom hair the Sim is currently using.

I have used the above methods many, many times in the last few months.  All of my Sims (except townies) have inherited custom hair.  I find it makes for a lot more variety, especially with toddlers.

Karen
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 03, 19:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this properly binned custom hair? If the hair has been correctly binned, it will behave as one of the Maxis haircolors. If it isn't, it will just be fucked up because most hairs do not have complete agesets.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MorningGloryVirgo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 03, 20:34:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Change Appearance has no effect on a Sim's DNA.  If you want the custom hair to be passed down in the DNA, then you have to alter the SDNA information in SimPE.  Do the following:

1) Open SimPE, use Sim Browser to find the Sim you want to modify, then click OK to bring up the Sim Information screen.

2) Click on More, then Open Sim DNA.  This will display a screen with genetic information (hair, eyes, skintone).  The top half is dominant, the bottom half is recessive.  Replace the string for the hairstyle in the top half of the screen with the string that corresponds to your custom hair.

For example, replace the Maxis default brown hair
00000002-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
with
acf276bb-4c70-f9a0-386e-cf96a987570f (or whatever the code is for your particular custom hair)

3) Commit.

4) Save your neighborhood file and exit SimPE.

If you do not know what the code is for your Sim's current custom hair (the one you're trying to make genetic), you can find out by doing the following:

1) Open SimPE, go to Sim Browser, find the Sim, click OK to view their information.  Click on More, then click on Open Character File.  This will close your neighborhood file, so be sure to save when prompted to do so.

2) In the character file, click on Age Data.  Now look at the plugin view, find the string labeled "haircolor" and click on it.  This is the code for the custom hair the Sim is currently using.

I have used the above methods many, many times in the last few months.  All of my Sims (except townies) have inherited custom hair.  I find it makes for a lot more variety, especially with toddlers.

Karen

OH MY GOD THANK YOU!!!! THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! *smothers you in hugs*
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: