More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 08:42:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Acquaintances going boom from contacts?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Acquaintances going boom from contacts?  (Read 4605 times)
Euphemism
Blathering Buffoon

In Soviet Russia, cupcake laughs at YOU!

View Profile WWW
Acquaintances going boom from contacts?
« on: 2009 June 23, 00:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

De-lurking after like a year. Yay me and my lazy!

K, so I was playing my Hunter Cottoneye in Riverview. I had him get a job in Journalism, where Constance Shelley was his boss, and thus became his acquaintance. He switched career tracks and after that never spoke to Constance again. One day, maybe over a Sim week or more later, I was looking at his relationships panel, and I noticed there was no more Constance. Can't call her, can't nothin'. I was like Huh. I was under the impression that Sims stayed in others' contacts forev, no matter how much neglect was done to the relationship, just as in TS2?

Is this a bug or something, or a game feature? I hadn't noticed this before this instance, but then again I don't pay attention.

I suppose I'm freaking over nothing, but I've always had the habit with my Sims of collecting contacts for future babymaking, so I'm just wondering if this was something I had to watch out for now.
asmadasrabbits
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Acquaintances going boom from contacts?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 23, 00:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't have Awesomemod, she probably moved out of the town.
Euphemism
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 23, 00:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, forgot to add - I checked in Edit Town and she was still there in her house.

EDIT: I just had my other Sim in the household go knock on her door, and she came out to let her in. Bizarre.
Trinity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 23, 02:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen too. I am not sure if it is a feature or not, it has only happened once that I have noticed. Sim A disappears from Sim B's relationship panel, even tho Sim B is still alive and living in the hood.

That was a useless post, as I didn't offer any solution or reason .... but the Sims 3 lacks solution or reason in most cases.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 23, 02:35:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In TS3, aquaintances that you never contact again eventually drop from the relationship panel. This is a normal feature, probably made in response to the panelclog of old. Who the hell remembers every random idiot they saw once?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Euphemism
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 23, 02:44:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rawr. Lame. Well thanks for the confirmation. I only noticed it once, so I thought I was going crazy(er). I can see why they implemented it though, but I just wish there was a manual right-click function Ditch.../The Loser or something.
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 25, 05:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet, if your sim dates somebody long enough to become a "romantic interest," the relationship never decays until your sim does enough mean interactions to reduce the relationship score. My elder got a broken heart when the idiot she had dated for two sim-days as a young adult died, after not talking to him for the sim equivalent of decades. WTF?

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 25, 10:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you really want to keep every idiot in the relationship panel, buy the "no distant friends" reward. It doesn't just prevent friends from becoming distant friends, but simply stops *any* relationship decay. Or at least, slows it down extremely. I've not noticed any changes for weeks (ingame). On the plus side, this is the case for negative relationships, too. My sim is still in the red with the burglar whose ass he kicked ages ago.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 25, 12:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmmm, maybe I had the Long Distance Friend perk, and had just forgotten about it. That seems more plausible than "true love never fades." The sim that was still in love with the idiot, decades later, has since died, so I have no way of confirming this, but it's probably just perk-related. Phew! I was afraid it might be a "feature."

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: