More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 07:26:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Kids and Toddlers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Kids and Toddlers  (Read 10009 times)
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Kids and Toddlers
« on: 2009 June 09, 22:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone been able to get children and toddlers to interact?  I've only come close when they are watching T.V.; with the toddler deforming to hideous proportions, of course Roll Eyes

Sometimes "join play" is available in the kid's pie menu when the toddler is playing with the dollhouse or something similiar.  It hasn't worked yet.

I seriously hope that the problem turns out to be my sim's anti-social, baby-hating children, or at the very least, borked interactions fixable via hacks.  Why would they intentionally isolate the two ages from each other?  It's not like family kiss, talk to, and tickle in good ol' TS2 style are too much to ask for.  They sucked more than half the animations from TS2 as it is! Angry
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Kids and Toddlers
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 10, 00:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jesus Christ.  If that was living in your house would YOU want to interact with it?  Shocked
Slymenstra
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 10, 01:09:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had 4 toddlers in one house, and they all decided to play with the toys from the toy box.  They were all in the same room and they were talking to each other and getting +'s to their relationships.  I would imagine this would work for kids and toddlers?

Other than that I have not found any way.
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 10, 04:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ewww.  Is that what the children look like?  That looks like something from a halloween movie.  I do not have any kids right now, only babies.  Maybe I'll turn aging off and keep them babies, at least they are cute.
shivafang
Asinine Airhead

INTP: Loner, Childish, D/L Children

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 10, 04:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only been able to get them to interact while watching TV, and like you have experienced the weird animation glitch (I think the game tries to play the 'chatting' animation using the baby's model, which causes it to distort.  Really creepy)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 June 10, 05:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ewww.  Is that what the children look like?  That looks like something from a halloween movie.  I do not have any kids right now, only babies.  Maybe I'll turn aging off and keep them babies, at least they are cute.
It's a toddler, not a child. The bug seems to hit some more than others...I've had about thirteen toddlers and only the twelfth had the glitch.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ZeKat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 June 10, 05:45:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been able to make my children and toddlers use the play table together. Unfortunately, there's no skill benefit in it for the toddlers, but that would be too convenient, I suppose  Smiley
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 June 10, 21:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once the creepyness wears off, deforming toddlers are kinda funny to watch Grin 

I haven't bought a playtable yet.  It's a relief to know there's something they can do together that actually works.  And the toybox thing, which I haven't tried yet since it's more trouble than it's worth, at times.  Route failure all around - and nothings in the way.

I'm still appaulled they'd leave out the sim to sim interactions - and that's with me having the lowest expectations from the start.  Watch it show up at the store as an "add-on". Roll Eyes

Salomon
Weeaboo Pee Fancier
Blathering Buffoon

Desperate yet?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 June 10, 21:59:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once the creepyness wears off

Does it eventually wear off? How much time do I have to wait?

Sorry, I think you can still hold it a bit more...
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 June 10, 22:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't bought a playtable yet.  It's a relief to know there's something they can do together that actually works.  And the toybox thing, which I haven't tried yet since it's more trouble than it's worth, at times.  Route failure all around - and nothings in the way.

The playtable isn't one hundred percent working though, unless the crayons and paper are just decoration.  Or my game is jacked up.  I also had a semi deformed toddler from the playtable while she was playing with the blocks.  Her arms were stretched out and she was very far away from the table.
pseudonymph
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 June 11, 16:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wowzers. The deformed/"stretch skeleton effect" thing just happened to one of my toddlers, and needless to say, it creeped me the hell out. Wtf. I hope there's a fix for that soon.
kemowery
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 June 12, 17:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, god the picture!  Now that I've seen it, I've only got 7 days to live, don't I?
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 June 12, 19:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGFxfpDEej4

Here's a video capture, if anyone wants to see without witnessing it in their own games.  Sorry for the suckstastic capture.  I blame the hypersensitive camera.

I imagine the first patch for this game will be huge Roll Eyes
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 June 12, 19:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the static picture was scarier than the video...but shudder. ugh. I have that to look forward to the more kids I let them have in the game?

Georgette
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 June 12, 19:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jesus Christ.  If that was living in your house would YOU want to interact with it?  Shocked
Oh, god the picture!  Now that I've seen it, I've only got 7 days to live, don't I?

You guys make me giggle  Grin

But seriously...that's damn scary  Shocked  I've just found another one on photobucket:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/sims+3+toddler+glitch/Maven2379/The%20Sims%203/Screenshot-48.jpg?o=1
« Last Edit: 2009 June 12, 20:25:55 by Georgette » Logged

Trinity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 June 12, 23:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the static picture was scarier than the video...but shudder. ugh. I have that to look forward to the more kids I let them have in the game?

I'm not sure what triggers it, I have had many toddlers in my game and have only had 2 of them would go creepy like that, they've all done the same things.

You guys make me giggle  Grin

But seriously...that's damn scary  Shocked  I've just found another one on photobucket:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/sims+3+toddler+glitch/Maven2379/The%20Sims%203/Screenshot-48.jpg?o=1

Ha that's my photobucket and creepy little toddler, LOL.  She is the spawn of a fireman, I thought that was the reason she went wonky, till I searched and found other people having this issue too. She had a twin sister and the twin never had that glitch.
Baronet
SimDebster
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 June 13, 03:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a toddler, not a child. The bug seems to hit some more than others...I've had about thirteen toddlers and only the twelfth had the glitch.

Toddler, child, whatever.  It is damned ugly.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 June 13, 05:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked
Sweet Mother of...! I dunno if I'll ever be brave enough to have more children after seeing that....I think I'd make it grow up as fast as possible.
Is there any way to speed up toddler skills like the thinking cap in Sims 2?  Even though I had the mother and father read 2 pregnancy books, it is still excruciatingly slow.  Are there only two pregnancy books and does that make any difference in the speed of skilling for the toddlers? I just don't think I could bear the 7 days (or whatever the cycle is).  7 days is too long for me, anyway.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: