More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 02:16:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  the money-order machine...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: the money-order machine...  (Read 7499 times)
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
the money-order machine...
« on: 2005 August 22, 20:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi /wave

I have the no 20k handout hack and I love it. But I did a little booboo with one of my Sims--an ex townie--after he moved in I had him move out immidatly to find his own place but when I got into the family bin I realised he doesn't have enough money to buy even the most cheapest lot.

Now I know I can just move him back in with the couple he moved into the first place and have him work for 2-3 days for some spending cash BUT there really aint any room for him in their house (one bedroom only and no room anywhere else in the house for a single bed) and the couple is the only living persons in the hood (haven't seeded the town yet--the rest is still in Uni).

So I was wondering if I could use the money order machine to send him some money from the couple when he is still in the family bin? Or does he have to be on a lot to get the money?

And keeping him in the family bin until I get a roomate(s) for him aint viable either. The couple he is friends with need his friendship and he needs to be within phone access (its impossible to call a Sim that lives in the family bin on the phone).

So...can I?

Kestran.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: the money-order machine...
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 22, 20:47:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can combine him with a rich family, use motherlode many times, then move him out - he will get the 1/3 amount of the money (if they are 3 for instance), and  be rich enough to buy his own place.
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 22, 21:26:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True but the whole point with no 20k handout means no extra perks or cheats. I want him to earn his own way and the money from the couple would be only a loan until he could pay it back.

Kestran.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 22, 21:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If he has a cellphone and you have the phone hack, you can call him. I can send sims in the bin money, but they all have cellphones so I don't know if that part is required or not.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 23, 00:49:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you can send money to sims in the family bin.

they don't need a cell phone either.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 23, 02:03:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you can send money to sims in the family bin.

they don't need a cell phone either.

Actually, from what JM has said, families need to be housed in order to function or have anything taken or removed from their account.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 23, 03:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe pre Uni they did, but if you have uni, they don't need to be housed.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 23, 04:54:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, from what JM has said, families need to be housed in order to function or have anything taken or removed from their account.
is "money order machine" the same thing as that money order envelope you put in the mailbox and send to sims? or is it something different?

cause with that envelope thing, i have famblies send money to kids fresh out of uni in the bin all the time.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 August 23, 08:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The requirement for the family to be housed and played to receive funds is only if you do not have Uni+. Post-Uni uses a GSC that allows this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 August 23, 13:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There IS an alternative, which you may or may not find interesting.

You could create a lot in your normal neighbourhood, and rezone it to a dorm. Make it really awful looking. Fill it with the cheapest crap in the catalogue. Call it the Homeless Centre, or the Youth Hostel. Move him into that. Watch him struggle to pull himself from the gutter.
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 August 23, 13:54:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If he has a cellphone and you have the phone hack, you can call him. I can send sims in the bin money, but they all have cellphones so I don't know if that part is required or not.

Ooh I didn't know that about cellphones. And yeah I do have the phone hack. Next time I send a Sim into the family bin I'll let him take a trip downtown to buy one. Would save on housing keeping Sims in the family bin.

And thanks guys. I'm glad I can send money to my poor Lilliard. He's starting to feel claustrophobic in the family bin.

Kestran.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: