More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 15:32:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Downgrading a graduate?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Downgrading a graduate?  (Read 2938 times)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Downgrading a graduate?
« on: 2007 February 17, 11:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to downgrade a graduate to a non-graduate after the fact?
I accidentally upgraded my servo with the lot debugger, and I'd honestly like her to be a dull and normal 4-slotter again.

The only way I've found that works, was to copy the WAF instance of another sim in SimPE and import it to my servo, but that affected something with memories as well, not to mention that it reset all her hidden skills (and after 100 novels and 250-ish paintings that's not an acceptable loss).  Any other suggestions?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Downgrading a graduate?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 17, 11:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could do it with Insim but
1) I dunno if it would or wouldn't affect memories or hidden skills - I'd save, try it, and quit without saving if it messed up
2) people around here don't care for insim as a solution often.

Unsouper
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 17, 12:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd go in and delete the memories of Complete X Year, Graduate, Diploma (token), etc. after making a backup copy.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 17, 13:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've already edited out all graduation memories, and reset all the values in the college tab in SimPE.
I think she is partially recognised as a non-graduate, because the Lot Debugger now has an option to upgrade, but she still has 6 want slots, and I can't find any way to get rid of the extra two.

And yes, InSim is not an option, so let's just bypass that discussion altogether.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 17, 17:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you're looking at the Sim Description, click the Uni tab and change the semester number to 1.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 17, 20:29:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You just reset the wants panel. It will put it back to the way it is "supposed" to be. There is a way to do it from debugging mode, I don't remember exactly, but I think it is one of the options when you shift+click on the sim/servo himself.

Of course since you have already gone tinkering around in SimPE with memories and what-not, it is possible that you may have defeated your purpose already. But I'd look around in debug mode and see what I could find anyway, if I were you.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 18, 00:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you're looking at the Sim Description, click the Uni tab and change the semester number to 1.
That was the first thing I did.

Looks like spawning the sim modder will do it.  Let me just check that it doesn't fudge anything it shouldn't.

Edit:  Yay!  The sim modder had an option to re-set.  She now has 4 want slots, 3 fear slots ad one lock.  And just to compensate for my idiocy I gave her an extra fear slot while I was at it (but at least I know how to get rid of that now).  From what I can see, memories are intact, and she still paints §1900 masterpieces.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 18, 00:50:56 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: