More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 11:55:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Nearly 5 Million Simolineons Disappeared
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nearly 5 Million Simolineons Disappeared  (Read 3754 times)
Bitsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Nearly 5 Million Simolineons Disappeared
« on: 2007 June 01, 16:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing a legacy household with just the base game and university for about a year. I got all the expansion packs and stuff packs and installed them (after backing up and what not) a month ago. (So that would be everything but Celebration at the time.) After some playtesting and it looking like nothing had broken I just started intensively playing my legacy family.

About two weeks later I realized that my family net worth was all wrong. I originally had a networth of 9,152,374 at the point where I backed up, but now I had only 4,270,630 and I hadn't spent any money beyond purchasing new clothing and groceries (and bills, maid, gardener, etc). And, no I didn't just read the number wrong, I have a screenshot here of when I was at the 7mil mark in the coffers alone.

So, at this point I'm not going to go to the back up to fix things, I've just counted the missing money in my score and moved on (old legacy rules). The thing is I'm now at 5mil again and its not going to be long before I hit that 9mil mark. Is there a limit to how much money I can have in the networth or in the family funds? If so what is it and if I hit it again will it just take away a bunch of money again or am I doing something dangerous and potentially game breaking by having all this money? Any ideas on why the money disappeared if it's not that?

ETA: Thought to add that during all this I was playing hack free.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 01, 16:45:19 by Bitsy » Logged

Eschew Obfuscation.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Nearly 5 Million Simolineons Disappeared
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 02, 22:32:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure it isn't just a display error?  I don't think the counter can display more than 7 digits.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 03, 00:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's probably a display issue. I just added approximately 10 mil to my current family from the neighborhood screen. It displays as 10+ mil from the neighborhood, but about 9.5 mil while playing the lot.

Now to take 10 mil away from my poor simmies...

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Bitsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 03, 19:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way I can view what my family's true networth is then?

Eschew Obfuscation.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 03, 22:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clicking on the lot will give you gross worth (counting house value). So write that down, then enter the lot and go into build mode. Hit the blue circle (can't remember the icon) in the upper left corner. That gives you the current house value. Subtract that from the number you had before.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Bitsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 June 04, 01:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry I'm afraid I'm not being clear, blame it on the lack of caffeine. Tongue

The networth that you see from the neighborhood is what is reading the four million number when before it was reading nine million. I don't bother paying attention to my family funds past first generation usually because it doesn't count as far as legacy points are concerned.

The thing is I wasn't paying attention to even the networth of my family and didn't notice the loss until two weeks after I started playing with all the eps and sps installed when I went to update my score. I figured it was some sort of quirk with having a really old lot played on a really old ep for so long that didn't gel with the new coding. But, I'm not awesome and have no clue if I'm even in the right ball park with that guess. Undecided

Eschew Obfuscation.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 June 04, 06:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bitsy! -glee-

Okay, entirely off-topic but I'm anxious to see your final entry for the LMS contest..

As for this issue.. have you tried family funding them back up, then doing the good ol' Save/Shutdown/Bootup hokey pokey?

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: