More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 21:23:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife bugs
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife bugs  (Read 198563 times)
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Nightlife bugs
« Reply #350 on: 2005 October 03, 09:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like you're trying to solve a Rubik's cube, there.  Tongue

sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2005 October 03, 16:55:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wine + teh internets = convoluted bug description.

Anyway I fixed it. I moved all 6 of them into one house using the teleporter and a trash sim to propose move in. then I murdered 3 doppelgangers and moved one by one the other 3 out, placed them in a town lot, saved, reloaded, and then was able to move them to NL.

If I didn't move them into a regular lot first the bug recurred when moving to a downtown lot.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 2005 October 10, 02:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not just with the cars, my Mad Scientist just used up a day of vacation and he takes the carpool.

Just an FYI, the missing work on Monday happens with the Cult Leader from the Paranormal career track too. I accidentally hit save instead of exit to neighborhood so I wasn't able to see if there was an error, but my Sim should live at least another week so I can try again next Monday.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2005 October 10, 12:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bugs I've found so far:
-Mrs Crumplebottom when bitten removes all the job Icons and yet removes all of the icons in the game. I had to reinstall my game and put the file to read only (Objects package).
- There is a huge lag in the game even without custom content.
- for like an hour while I'm eiyther on bodyshop or the sims 2 the computer frezes, the computer turns itself off and then the computer turns itself on again and a mesage appears saying that they have recovered from a serious error (This also happened on uni) and they say to update the video card but hello I already got it updated and its no help. I think the reason is that the camera file might be to do iwith it as I've used someone elses camera hack and it stopped the bug issue!

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2005 October 10, 15:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-Mrs Crumplebottom when bitten removes all the job Icons and yet removes all of the icons in the game. I had to reinstall my game and put the file to read only (Objects package).

No need for a reinstall. The originally objects.package is on the second CD.
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2005 October 11, 14:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this is a Nightlife bug or something to do with a hack ~ although I have none that should logically cause this ~ but it bears mentioning. There is one Sim in my game, Ocean Long, former Townie who has been in my game "forever" (pre-Uni at least), who has every Sim in his neighborhood completely IN LOVE with him. Males, females, gay, straight. Kids, Teens, Adults who don't even like their own spouses...they all think about him constantly with pink and red hearts dancing about their thought bubbles. They talk about him over dinner, with hearts. Even if THEY HAVE NEVER MET HIM.

The man is an utter phenomenon!  Cheesy
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2005 October 11, 15:00:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if this is a Nightlife bug or something to do with a hack ~ although I have none that should logically cause this ~ but it bears mentioning. There is one Sim in my game, Ocean Long, former Townie who has been in my game "forever" (pre-Uni at least), who has every Sim in his neighborhood completely IN LOVE with him. Males, females, gay, straight. Kids, Teens, Adults who don't even like their own spouses...they all think about him constantly with pink and red hearts dancing about their thought bubbles. They talk about him over dinner, with hearts. Even if THEY HAVE NEVER MET HIM.

The man is an utter phenomenon!  Cheesy

Last night I noticed one of my families talking about another sim who was a frat buddy of my recently graduated YA male.  He is living back at home, and he is straight and engaged to a female sim.  But he was sitting at the dinner table telling his mom and his sister-in-law about this other sim with hearts around his thought bubble, and his mom then talked about him too with hearts around her thought bubble. She had just talked to him on the phone earlier.  But he is her half-brother, so that makes him her son's uncle!  I looked in their panels, and they don't have any attraction or crushes or anything, so I wonder if this is like gossip or something.  I don't understand it.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2005 October 11, 15:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is pretty minor, and while it did make me laugh a little, I hope it isn't by design because it also irritated me:

I had a sim that had just picked up her newspaper and was carrying it inside to do the crossword puzzle. As she is making for a chair to sit down in, the local newspaper thief sneaks up the walkway, up the stairs to the porch, and steals the newspaper right out of her hand - through the wall. The door to the house had already closed by the time he had made it onto the porch.

He got his comeuppance later; after attacking the thieved-from sims's daughter at a cafe, she proceeded to kick his ass. Haha! It's still not cool he grabbed a newspaper through the wall, though.

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2005 October 11, 20:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last night I noticed one of my families talking about another sim who was a frat buddy of my recently graduated YA male.  He is living back at home, and he is straight and engaged to a female sim.  But he was sitting at the dinner table telling his mom and his sister-in-law about this other sim with hearts around his thought bubble, and his mom then talked about him too with hearts around her thought bubble. She had just talked to him on the phone earlier.  But he is her half-brother, so that makes him her son's uncle!  I looked in their panels, and they don't have any attraction or crushes or anything, so I wonder if this is like gossip or something.  I don't understand it.

I think you're right, Sims will pass on their attractions through conversation the same way they pass along invisible memory markers. In SimPE, I've cleared out a number of attraction tokens from my Sims that were owned by others (i.e. attracted to so-and-so owned by this-and-that). I hadn't paid much attention to it until one of my Sims was talking to her friend who was attracted to her sister and she started doing the hearty-thought bubble about her sister. I checked her memories in SimPE and sure enough he had passed along his attraction marker. On a couple of occasions, I've even seen Sims show the attraction bubbles about themselves.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2005 October 12, 19:28:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seent this mentioned - or I didn't look hard enough.

Sim created paintings (still life), in the inventory. Moved my legacy household, the family portraits were fine, exited lot, went back in later and they were one of the default "paint" paintings - the orange sunset. Am angry. Anyone else had this?

A proud thread pirate.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2005 October 12, 20:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seent this mentioned - or I didn't look hard enough.

Sim created paintings (still life), in the inventory. Moved my legacy household, the family portraits were fine, exited lot, went back in later and they were one of the default "paint" paintings - the orange sunset. Am angry. Anyone else had this?

I haven't had this yet - but I was wondering....did it look like that painting in the thumbnail in the inventory or did it look like the orange sunset painting when you took it out of the inventory and placed it on the wall. Maybe they just use a generic painting for the thumbnail?
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2005 October 12, 20:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No - they were fine in the inventory, moved house, put the paintings on the wall - all fine. Left the lot, returned later, they were the default orange painging Sad

A proud thread pirate.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: 2005 October 12, 20:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you're right, Sims will pass on their attractions through conversation the same way they pass along invisible memory markers. In SimPE, I've cleared out a number of attraction tokens from my Sims that were owned by others (i.e. attracted to so-and-so owned by this-and-that). I hadn't paid much attention to it until one of my Sims was talking to her friend who was attracted to her sister and she started doing the hearty-thought bubble about her sister. I checked her memories in SimPE and sure enough he had passed along his attraction marker. On a couple of occasions, I've even seen Sims show the attraction bubbles about themselves.

Ah. 'thar be the problem. If the attraction token was based off memories and similiar types of tokens, the programmers may have neglected to make sure it couldn't be passed along. Probably want to document this and send it into Maxis, as I doubt it's an intended game behavior.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2005 October 13, 09:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just so we are clear Tom, its the plan undies option that is missing, plan outfit works for pjs and everyday but not undies

Right.  The menu option for Plan Outfit...Undies does not exist on the changing table, no matter how many outfits you buy.  Try it for yourself and see. 

And, now that I'm thinking about it, I might as well add:  There is no "Dress <toddler name> in Undies" option on the changing table either.  If you're going to fix Plan Outfit, you need to add this too or it will be useless.

Karen 

I've looked at it and it does indeed look broken.  I've filed a bug and I'm hoping we can fix it for the patch(es).

This was not fixed in the patch.  It's still broken.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2005 October 13, 12:31:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, and there still isn't any way to change their appearance and give them some of those nice new NL toddler hats without using a hack.  Angry

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2005 October 13, 16:15:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, and there still isn't any way to change their appearance and give them some of those nice new NL toddler hats without using a hack.  Angry
That's just plain stupid.  How did those nice folks at Maxis expect us to use their wonderful creations when we can't plan outfits for our toddlers?  I've been using hacks so long to change my toddlers' appearance that I'd forgotten it wasn't actually a part of the game.
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2005 October 13, 17:56:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I know, unfortunately.  I'll continue pushing for this to be fixed.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2005 October 13, 18:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Throw food still causes sims to fall in love and crush post patch.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2005 October 15, 05:42:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone noticed that post-Nightlife when you highlight a lot, the little "glowy" effect that is supposed to be level with the ground now floats a bit above the ground making an odd plane hovering above the lot?  I'm pretty sure this didn't happen until I installed Nightlife but, hey, I may have not paid attention.
I noticed that too.  I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before because why did I just now notice it?  That makes two of us.

On another note, has anyone gotten the family funds cheat to work?  I tried it with a Uni lot and it didn't work.  Certainly it would work on campus as well as in the base neighborhood, wouldn't it?
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2005 October 15, 06:17:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On another note, has anyone gotten the family funds cheat to work?  I tried it with a Uni lot and it didn't work.  Certainly it would work on campus as well as in the base neighborhood, wouldn't it?
[/quote]

To make the cheat works in University you must type the household name instead of the family name since you can have Sims with different last names living in the same household.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 15, 16:34:52 by Missdoh » Logged
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: 2005 October 15, 06:23:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To make the cheat works in University you must type the household name instead of the family name since you can have Sims with different last names living in the same household.

In my 'old' Pleasantview, I had several Goth households (despite one of those houses having no remaining Goths - the last one had just gone to University).  I wonder how we're meant to distinguish between them? Huh

<insert witty comment here>
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: 2005 October 15, 06:27:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the household name is Frat Brothers, and I tried that and it didn't work.  I thought maybe it was because it had a space in it, but I don't know how else to put it.

In my 'old' Pleasantview, I had several Goth households (despite one of those houses having no remaining Goths - the last one had just gone to University).  I wonder how we're meant to distinguish between them? Huh
That's a very good question.
clem
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: 2005 October 15, 16:26:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a bug, but a bummer nonetheless: anybody else notice that the toddler potty-training trick doesn't work post-patch?
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2005 October 15, 16:37:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the household name is Frat Brothers, and I tried that and it didn't work.  I thought maybe it was because it had a space in it, but I don't know how else to put it.

That's a very good question.

That cheat worked for me but I did not try it for the frat Brothers, only tried with household name without space in it.

As for mutiple family with the same last name in regular neighborhood, the instructions are too previously clic on the family from the "familybin" or by clicking on the house to select it and then type the cheat in neighborhood view.  I don't know if it does actually work or not.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2005 October 15, 17:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a bug, but a bummer nonetheless: anybody else notice that the toddler potty-training trick doesn't work post-patch?
I uninstalled and reinstalled my game to get rid of the patch! Embarrassed It caused more problems and fixed nothing i my game. ie the nanny still got stuck . a sim almost died of sudden pregnancy death syndrome.I still got the message that so and so was no longer best friends or friends with a deceased sim.the final straw for me was losing sims in all neighborhoods.even after putting in my back up file and disabling all hacks and cc the sims went MIA.so I will deal with the occasional glitch instead of the massively buggy patch!my game is running like a champ now.the only errors in the log is the occasional audio error and then the log only shows that 3 errors were picked up. I never even noticed the issue .

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: