More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 17:31:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Borkened Plantsims?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Borkened Plantsims?  (Read 14739 times)
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
Borkened Plantsims?
« on: 2008 February 13, 12:56:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My plantsims seem to be having an identity crisis.

Here's a shot of Nervous Subject and his sproutlet (made in the usual plantsim way - by shaking his head).

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t83/Strange-Angel/SimCreepiness/ScreenShot005.jpg?t=1202906488

WTF? At first, I thought it might be because I was forcing plantsims using Lot Debugger or InSim's Mortality Adjuster. I had one of the sims shake their head, got a sproutlet with the same skin & hair combo as above. Not.. green.. Someone in #grah told me they got Debugger plantsims just fine, so I shut down, pulled my entire MyDocs/Sims folder, and tossed in a plantsim "potion" from MTS2 to see if maybe I had a problem file somewhere.. I used the potion on Nervous.. no result. Shook out a baby.. not green. I've tried saving, exiting, shutting down entirely and reopening the game.. they're all still "normal".
« Last Edit: 2008 February 16, 20:57:22 by Strangel » Logged

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Borkened Plantsims?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 13, 14:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why isn't NS green either? Huh I'm thinking custom and/or default replacement skins might be the culprit. You might have forgotten to remove one version before removing another, or something.

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 13, 14:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's just it.. this pic was taken when the ONLY download involved was this: http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=224969

And the only reason THAT was in was to force a plantsim so's I could check to see if it was a problem with a sneaky download.

I'd pulled the entire MyDocuments/EAGames/Sims2 folder and let the game build a new one.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 13, 15:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh crap. I dunno then...sorry Cheesy Have you tried using a default replacement plantsim skin to see if that shows up on your plantsims? I think there is one on MTS2 somewhere.

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 13, 20:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah.. I had one in place when I first noticed the problem, I thought maybe that was the problem, hence the pulling of the folders, but it's still going on. -headdesk- I really hope I don't have to reinstall everything.. I borrowed a couple of the expansions from Blue (Not Soup)'s little brother and he's crap for finding them and bringing them over.

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 13, 21:06:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All I can think of is checking your downloads with the clean installer. Did you do anything to replace the ideal plantsim? What does your ideal plantsim look like?

ETA: it might be the plantsim potion. If it is based off of winter's somehow, it might be based off the version that made them plantsims without any cosmetic changes. I know there is a plantsim potion like that out there. Also, I know that potions can sometimes be screwy if you don't have Nightlife installed, so that could be a possibility.

Would forcing an error help reset them, maybe?
« Last Edit: 2008 February 13, 21:13:57 by Ellatrue » Logged

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 14, 09:05:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you make sims Plantsims by using debug? I know you can make sims vampires that way. Try a different (test) family Strangel.

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 February 14, 10:57:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried without ANYTHING - including the potion.. TestingCheats - Spawned a thingamajig, used that to force plantsim. Change in motives, no change in coloring..

Tried reset.. nothing.

This is across ALL my neighborhoods, with or without all folders removed. I'll check out my Ideal Plantsim.

Also to note.. one neighborhood has no winter whatsoever, they have spring/summer/spring/summer. And yep, I've got everything from Seasons backward.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 February 14, 11:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'll probably not want to do this, but personally I'd backup everything and uninstall-reinstall and try again on a completely new Sims 2 installation with no modification (such as clean hoods), hacks or CC. If it works then just replace your modifications, CC and hacks, and see if it still works. If it does then just replace your hoods.

Not unless someone has a better idea than a uninstall-reinstall. Wink You might be able to just get something from your seasons disc and overwrite? I'm not sure, so don't try it unless someone confirms.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 February 14, 23:48:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not unless someone has a better idea than a uninstall-reinstall. Wink You might be able to just get something from your seasons disc and overwrite? I'm not sure, so don't try it unless someone confirms.

I should think that since the issue is in the Seasons game then just pulling the files from the cd(and unzipping the ones that need unzipping) and just let them override the old ones.

Did you drop in on the Maxis sim family to see if they suffer from the same infliction? Only curious.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 February 15, 08:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just reopened and went into Riverwhatever.. Greenman's wife and child are both showing up as normal plantsims. I'm going to try forcing again, see what happens.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 February 15, 09:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something weird is definitely going on in your game Cheesy

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 February 15, 09:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strangel, did you want to change the no-winter weather in that neighbourhood you mentioned? Not sure if it was an FYI or something you weren't sure how to change, so forgive me if this is something you already know - if you click on the flower icon in the top left of your neighbourhood (over by downtown, uni, etc.), it brings up the selector that lets you pick the seasons (and their order) for that 'hood.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008 February 15, 11:59:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-headdesk- So I opened the Summerdream house, forced 48 plants into bug infestation, and sent Titania out to spray them all. Mid-garden, she hits the magic number and is engulfed.

No. Green.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t83/Strange-Angel/SimCreepiness/ScreenShot023.jpg

So then I force error.. reset. No change.
Force error.. delete, save the lot, exit, reenter, and she's standing at the mailbox without so much as a plantsim's set of needs.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t83/Strange-Angel/SimCreepiness/ScreenShot024.jpg

...I think I'm going to try uninstalling Seasons and reinstalling it. Of course, this means I'll have to deal with the asstardedness of figuring out if I changed anything (cameras, empty 'hood templates, etc).

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2008 February 15, 12:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something is definitely wrong. But I guess you know that...let us know how it works out Strangel Wink

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
Re: Borkened Plantsims? *Nao With ErrorLawg!*
« Reply #15 on: 2008 February 16, 12:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've added an error log to the first post, this is Titania.. after I re-entered her lot, re-infested her plants, and got her re-plantsimmed. Still no green, complete with NonGreen plant baby who grew into NonGreen plant adult. Otherwise, both show all the signs of plantsimism.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 February 16, 16:36:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do not perform unsolicted force errors. They do not help.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 February 16, 16:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just came in to report that plantsim-ism is fine in my game. I just got my first one Cheesy

This is Travis enjoying a spot of karaoke with his DJ girlfriend.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 February 18, 06:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strangel, have you tried uninstalling-reinstalling your game yet?

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 February 19, 01:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe something has screwed with the ideal plant sim? Since the sims that come with the game don't have any problems, and it seems to be limited to new plant sims.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 February 19, 06:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, Ella. Strangel, have you tried using a default replacement for the ideal plantsim? I think there might be one in Peasantry and I got mine from MTS2. Might be the same one though Tongue It might just fix your problem.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 February 19, 22:09:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh, that's an interesting idea, Ellatrue - good observation! I haven't had any problems with the plantsims in my game, before or since making/installing my own SporeDaddy (which is the one posted in the Peasantry), but I'd be curious to know if testing with a replacement Ideal Plantsim would affect the problem. Keep us posted, Strangel, if you decide to give it a go!

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2008 February 24, 14:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I removed *everything* when I tested Nervous and Titania. I will try putting in a default replacement and see if they change color or their spore-spawn show up properly.

I've been holding off reinstalling, but it looks like I'm out of options.

EDIT:

Screenshots. I opened SimPE and cracked open the Ideal Plantsim for Veronaville. Since this is a game-wide problem, I'm not sure it'll help, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t83/Strange-Angel/SimCreepiness/ScreenShot056.jpg
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t83/Strange-Angel/SimCreepiness/ScreenShot055.jpg

Here's hoping it gives some sort of clue to someone More Awesome. Meanwhile, I'm uninstalling Seasons to see if that fixes things. And.. I've just noticed my Objects file seems to have changed sizes since it's recent replacement with a fresh-from-disc copy.

Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 February 25, 07:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe if you use a default replacement, and try it on another family? What happens when you make a new plantsim that way? Maybe with the Summerdreams it is just too late, and they are already bugged.

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2008 February 25, 09:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uninstalled Seasons, saving a copy of the entire Program Files/etcetcetc/Seasons folder.. reinstalled, dropped the Ramaswami's into a lot and not only did SHE turn green, but she managed to give me a green plantbaby! Finally. Now I'm planning on going back into the Summerdream house (since I'd already deleted the Plantsimmed Strangehood) and seeing if SHE is green as well. After that, I guess I move on to playing 50/50 with the stuff that may have gotten altered in my data files.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: