More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 02:01:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  kind of a random question about hacks
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: kind of a random question about hacks  (Read 19907 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: kind of a random question about hacks
« Reply #50 on: 2006 June 09, 13:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh for goodness' sake... I realize I'm straying a bit off topic here but I just had to say this. Is it just me or is anyone else just disgusted by some (keyword: some) of the posts in that thread?

Yea, well, hypocrisy at its finest -- condemning what's said in this thread with a message that's written exactly like what they're condemning. Smiley  At least Squnge has finally closed it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 June 09, 16:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find Squinge's new avatar amusing. It's up there with Jase's avatar here.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 June 09, 16:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally what I love is the non-linear progression of a thread started by asking a fairly simple straightforward question turning into a debate, a thread on another website and then personal attacks. (Not to mention the squeeeeing of "oh squinge you're wonderful, don't listen to those horrible people on MATY!)
 Roll Eyes

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 June 09, 16:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also like how some sheep-person bleats away with the "if you can't say anything nice" rule. As if we seriously pay any attention to THAT here. Nuh-uh. That's what the THANKS THIS IS GREAT button is for.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 June 09, 17:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that rule applied to JM, he would never say anything.
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 June 09, 17:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally what I love is the non-linear progression of a thread started by asking a fairly simple straightforward question turning into a debate, a thread on another website and then personal attacks. (Not to mention the squeeeeing of "oh squinge you're wonderful, don't listen to those horrible people on MATY!)
 Roll Eyes

well, I aim to...well, do something.
AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 June 09, 17:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Baby Controller gives you the option of either having your sims automatically dispose of the bottles or have them disentigrate as if you went in Buy mode and deleted them yourself.

I second this (and was surprised that it took so long to get mentioned)! I am all for a breastfeeding hack (when my daughter and I first started playing Sims 2, the social worker came and got the baby because we didn't know you needed a refrigerator for food - and bottles! former breastfeeding mom = not thinking inside the box) for various reasons but the baby controller cleans up those stupid bottles just great.
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 June 09, 21:04:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok i just read that thread ,  anybody else think its ironic that sombody said we are up jms backside ,and altho i said i like squinges breast feeding mod , and the pregnacy wear anything one (and i do)   all hell is going to break loose when the next ep comes out
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 June 09, 22:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it was ironic how some were accusing "us" of being up JM's backside, when there was so much ass-kissing on Squinge over there it was sickening.  Mostly, it angered me that "they" want to lump all people at MATY together, as if we were all one person with one voice, one opinion, one mind, one thought, etc., etc.  At least a couple people pointed that out, but I don't know if it made a difference.  How can we be of one mind when we argue so much???

And yeah, all hell will break loose when the next EP comes out because they always break most mods.  He is going to have to update every single one, and decide whether to maintain compatibility for those who don't have the EP.  That's why JM said he was cutting down on some hacks because of the amount of work that has to be done for each EP, and I suspect that may be part of the reason Inge and dizzy got out of modding.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 June 10, 06:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it was ironic how some were accusing "us" of being up JM's backside, when there was so much ass-kissing on Squinge over there it was sickening.  Mostly, it angered me that "they" want to lump all people at MATY together, as if we were all one person with one voice, one opinion, one mind, one thought, etc., etc.  At least a couple people pointed that out, but I don't know if it made a difference.  How can we be of one mind when we argue so much???

I think that was thing that irritated me the most; one person made one comment here, stating their own opinion(not to mention I love how the one comment was supposedly a "flaming post on a public forum"....it wasn't a flame but if it had been, so fucking what? It wasn't on their "public forum") and suddenly everyone on MATY must have the same exact opinion and we all must be evil and mean (not to mention, "ungrateful" Roll Eyes.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 June 10, 06:38:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And yeah, all hell will break loose when the next EP comes out because they always break most mods.  He is going to have to update every single one, and decide whether to maintain compatibility for those who don't have the EP.  That's why JM said he was cutting down on some hacks because of the amount of work that has to be done for each EP, and I suspect that may be part of the reason Inge and dizzy got out of modding.
Dizzy didn't have very many mods. The reason dizzy's out of modding is because he is *DEAD*.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2006 June 10, 06:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that rule applied to JM, he would never say anything.

That's not true...I heard he did say something nice once.....in 2004 I think...

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 June 10, 07:00:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dizzy didn't have very many mods. The reason dizzy's out of modding is because he is *DEAD*.
You can't prove that.  Tongue  Besides, someone said they saw him on another gaming forum.  He just got tired of TS2.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 June 10, 07:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides, someone said they saw him on another gaming forum.  He just got tired of TS2.
They claim that, but that is a sighting that could easily be verified. So why hasn't it?

liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 June 10, 07:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like squinge. He seems like a nice guy, I mean, he goes out of his way to make hacks you'd think no one in hell would ever want, just because someone requests it. I have always thought that hacks by squinge are like veggies, some you want in your salad, some are weird and possibly taste bad, and some just plain don't go together. Also, some of his hacks change the same things, but in different ways, so of course they conflict. Unlike JMP, for example, Squinge doesn't expect you to load every single hack he makes into the game, so sometimes they don't all play nice.

Yes, there are bugs and problems that crop up from some of his hacks. Shit happens. Squinge certaintly isn't perfect, and he responds quickly when problems come up. If it is a problem I just plain can't deal with, I take it out of the game. I agree with what Jorenne said about everyone being responsible for their own hacks.

Now, I honestly don't know what the track record is on warning about conflics and trying to fix them, I don't spend a whole lot of time reading those threads. I try to report when there are problems, but other than that..nope.

Anyway, non-awesome does not mean bad.  I know squinge felt attacked by this thread and the people at MATY, and I know that isn't the case at all. Most of us do use his hacks to some degree, so I guess we are not entirely awesome either Tongue
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 June 10, 08:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I said I tried a couple of his mods and they didn't play well with others, so I removed them and used others.  I didn't say he was a bad person.  Why should I report a conflict with something?  It's not his responsibility to make sure they all work with everything else.  That would be tantamount to someone coming over here and screaming that something of TJ's or Pescado's conflicted with Squinge's work.  Is either TJ or Pescado going to do anything about it?  Probably not. 

I don't see why what I said was such a big deal, and I think certain people perhaps didn't take what I said in the context of how I meant it and reported it back to Squinge - who prolly took it in the way it was told to him. 

I also admired the hypocrisy in that thread.  It was not all right for me to make an off-hand remark in passing, but it is all right for all of Squinge's fanboys and girls to flame and attack me, basically?  What-the-fuck-ever.

And I'm not against Non-Awesome hacks on principle, I even downloaded Insim and I like it for the one function I wanted.  I just don't use what I don't like, and I don't feel I should apologize for saying I don't like something or someone's work.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 June 10, 08:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM? Nice?

* Ellatrue dies of shock

I don't even know what caused all of this. The thread seemed reasonably friendly until Jorenne's post, which surprised me. I didn't really understand why people were getting upset in the first place... So some of us don't like squinge's stuff. Who cares?

Since Pescado claims that all non-Pescado hacks are "non-awesome," what is there to even discuss? It's just a joke. The whole thing is stupid. Blue didn't attack anyone, and she has a right to her opinion.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 June 10, 09:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some people flip out over any kind of criticism. I don't get it, personally. If everyone only said happy nice fuzzy stuff all the time, nothing would ever get accomplished.

If you (generic "you") can't take criticism, and if you expect every single negative reaction to something you make to be "constructive", you'd better get used to disappointment. Which I guess would cure the problem of needing your ego constantly stroked.

What Blue said was a lot more "constructive" than all the "oh we luv u Squingey poo" junk on that thread. I use a couple of his mods, I'm sure he's a great guy, but that stuff was just gross.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 June 10, 12:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do find it funny that little ol' me could start such an uproar with a simple question. 

The fangirl/fanboy responses over on insim just reinforces why I come here, and not there.  We may like Awesome hacks, and I know I admire JM and TJ because they are able to do things that I can't even THINK of doing.  I also don't sit here and make ego stroking posts to them...Somehow, I don't think JM's ego needs that much stroking.

Let the fankids play over there, and I'll happily stay here.
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 June 10, 12:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blue, what I said was not directed specifically at you at all, you didn't do or say anything deserving of attack in the first place. I was just kind of weighing in with my two cents, that's all. I think squinge is doing a decent job at what he is doing, but that he has a different approach to it than modders like JMP. Constructive criticism and reporting bugs is a good thing, otherwise nothing would ever get fixed.

Honestly, other than the few MATY people that posted, I don't think anyone who posted in that insiminator thread has any clue what is going on. They saw a percieved slight against squinge and went rabid. In a PM Squinge even said that he had probably taken it too personally in the first place, he didn't realize the blunt way that MATY people say things. I think his new avatar is a pretty good indication that he's taken the whole thing in stride, even if others can't.

I guess my "too darn nice" flaw is rearing it's ugly head again. I always find myself playing the peacekeeper role, unless I am the one causing all the problems in the first place Tongue

Also, one quick note, I did invite squinge to come to MATY and speak his mind if he felt he was slighted. That probably would put this whole thing to bed pretty quickly. But then, I also told him Blue was actually very nice, so I may be something of a fibber ^_^

Quote from: momtogirls
Let the fankids play over there, and I'll happily stay here.

Not everyone at Insiminator is all that bad, for example, me! I'm pretty great, if I do say so myself, and you're missing out on all my good stuff....

Okay, I can't keep that up. Not everyone at Insim is a raving fankid, there is actually a pretty friendly community there as well. I'm not just defending it because I have my little section thingy either. You just have to stay out of the teenage section and come to MATY when you get overwhelmed.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 10, 12:32:34 by liegenschonheit » Logged
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 June 11, 01:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that not everyone is bad over at insim...in fact, I did my share of posting over there, until I discovered MATY, and I just don't have enough time in my day to go to all the forums I want to.  I know I'm not going to really run into the "fankid" attitude here, and I prefer it that way.

I pop over there once in a while, but I don't hang out there frequently, just like I pop over to the forum section of MTS2, but don't hang out over there either.  I like the no punches pulled attitude that prevails here.

simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 June 11, 03:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think Blue said anything out of line, she was just expressing her opinion. But it was obvious that the comments seemed to bother Squinge - and I think that was because someone who doesn't hang around here doesn't know how we use the word "awesome" and I'm sure whomever told Squinge people were "talking about him" probably inflamed the situation.

And I agree that there are some here that are "up JM's ass" and by that I mean, there are some "awesome sheep" that just because JM says something or makes a mod, some will parrot what he says or install one of his mods without understanding what the hack does. And so what? Each forum/modder has its own fan boys/girls. None of us ARE "MATY" even if we are members here. Don't take it personally if it's pointed out that there are sheep here as well (even though JM does his best to chase them away).

People need to have a thicker skin when posting on MATY because so many of us have sharp tongues and we do have a lot of inside jokes. The Insim seems like a "kinder, gentler" forum where people wouldn't be used to the kind of posts we make here. Imagine if one of them wandered into Retardo Land...  Roll Eyes

Is it a lunar cycle or what? It seems like every so often we seem to go around in one of these debate type threads - pro/con-Squinge mods, do you pay for custom content, that whole bizarro Senate episode. Whenever I re-read these threads, I can see how people (including me) can get riled up over nothing and the arguing just seems to feed itself and the issue gets bigger and bigger.
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 June 11, 21:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am MATY...RAWR

Okay, maybe not.

Yeah, all of this is basically a whole lot of hooplah over nothing, but sometimes this kind of crap happens for no apparent reason. Silly them for taking Blue's comment out of context, and silly us for taking it back home with us.

I think one comment hit the nail on the head about everyone's attitude. We don't like being lumped together and called "MATY". We all have our own opinions and aren't afraid to express them, thanks. However, we do the same thing. Several times in this thread there has been mention of the Insiminator fankids, and in Retardo Land it is the BBS Sheep, and the MS2 thanks-whores, etc, etc. I do it myself, but strangely enough, I am part of all of those communities (except bbs). It's just a thing people do. It's like saying "The english have bad teeth and like tea" or "The french are stuck up and don't shave their armpits", or even "Americans are fat and eat Mcdonalds all day". Silly humans.

And eww, I don't want to be up anyone's ass. Pescado, Squinge, my neighbor Jerry...doesn't matter whose, asses are just plain not desirable vacation settings. Though we have established that Sims use them as purses and put everything in there for future storage.

And one more thing, the full moon is tonight. Maybe that explains it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: