More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 06:27:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is there a fix for custom cribs + changing tables ?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there a fix for custom cribs + changing tables ?  (Read 11159 times)
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Is there a fix for custom cribs + changing tables ?
« on: 2006 June 06, 17:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it really annoys me that the nanny and even playable sims . just point blank refuse to use all my cute cribs and stuff , unless i direct them to ,is there a fix for this , or perhaps cute cribs that dont have the promblem
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Is there a fix for custom cribs + changing tables ?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 06, 17:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I never seem to have a problem.  I use Shoukeir's cribs, Teresa' baby stuff from The Real Sim, Cemre's baby stuff, Around the Sims Baby stuff, and 4ESF2's baby stuff, and the only problem I ever have is with some of the high chairs, but since I always put them in the kitchen or dining room, I just use Maxis instead.

Zephyr Zodiac
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 06, 17:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've downloaded many of the nursery furniture sets at Simsquirts http://www.simsquirts.com/ and it's all working ok for me. I haven't tried any different nursery furniture meshes, it's all Maxis recolors so maybe that's why it's working in my game.  Undecided
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 06, 18:09:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you shouldn't have a problem with recolours, but new meshes tend to be a problem, not just with cribs and changing tables!

Zephyr Zodiac
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 06, 18:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only use simsquirts, 4esf and ATS nursery stuff too so I can't help either holly.  What is your cc?

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 06, 21:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only ever use the new mesh babystuff when I have a stay-at-home sim to look after the babies-if I have to use the nanny, I use the maxis-made cribs and changing tables.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 06, 21:30:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using the sitter mod has made all the difference to my sims!  And since they are controllable without having to mess about it's not such a big problem whether the things work autonomously, though I'm pretty sure they do.  If things don't work right, I tend eventually to remove them.

Zephyr Zodiac
Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 06, 21:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the sitter mod, if only I could schedule grandma to come over everyday rather than forgetting until the carpool arives and mother won't go to work
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 06, 22:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

whats my cc ? o think to know that id need to find out what a cc is . and they all seem to work fine its just the sims wont use them on there own and most of the stuff is from 4esf2s . its not a major promblem but its one id rather not have
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 06, 23:26:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CC is custom content.  There are only two or three sets at 4ESF2 as far as I know.
As to fixes - there is far too much custom content out there for it to  be feasible for modders to make fixes to correct it - the person to contact is Carola at 4ESF2, although as far as I remember, her nursery stuff worked fine when I last used it - the problem was, as I said, only with the high chairs.  However, I haven't used any of it since before OFB, so it may be that something has changed to make it not work.

Zephyr Zodiac
Jorenne
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 07, 10:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK I think there is some confusion going on here, or then again, maybe I am the one confused.

I don't think Holly is saying the cribs and changing tables don't work, but that the Nanny's (and playables?) don't use them autonomously, and they won't, the Nannies at least never do, and this is because the Nanny is coded to the GUID of the Maxis Meshes, and as all new meshes have new GUID's the nanny essentially doesn't know they are there and ignores than as if, in fact, they weren't.

As far as I know no one has come up with a feasable way of changing that.
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 07, 11:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thats right thats exactly what i trying to say , and if its not feesable to make them work properly i guess its back to nasty maxis cribs.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 07, 12:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or turn you nanny into a controllable sim in debug mode.

However, I think the sim parents at least latch on to the baby and not the crib, as they will autonomously go and tuck in a baby or toddler in a non-maxis crib.  But since I mostly micro-manage my sims when there are babies and toddlers about, I tend not to notice, and all my toddlers now get out of the crib by themselves.  As far as I've noticed, Inge's hack works on all my custom cribs too.

Zephyr Zodiac
kacidama
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 07, 13:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that explanation on christianlov's ain & nanny npc hack, jorenne - but you had already posted by the time I came back to this thread.
If the crib is a recolour then there is no problem - but 4ESF make such cute cc.....

all my toddlers now get out of the crib by themselves. 

I've never had a toddler do that  Sad

Don't buy a Gnome with learning difficulties - It's not big and its not clever!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 07, 14:32:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need Ingelogical's mod toddlersgetoutall (I think) for that.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 07, 14:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or turn you nanny into a controllable sim in debug mode.

Can they get bottles in your case? Mine can't. I have to use a custom fridge to allow non-residents to grab bottles.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 07, 14:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need Ingelogical's mod toddlersgetoutall (I think) for that.

You don't need that mod to have your toddlers escape - it's just really rare (like satellite death, I suppose).  I think the toddler in question has to have their fun motive really low and they have to have learned how to walk already.  But don't quote me on it.  I always miss the toddler doing it and then I see them sitting on the floor in front of the crib.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 07, 14:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. I have never had it autonomously happen without Inge's mod in place... guess it's really rare.

The "toddler blanket" from MTS2 works great by the way, as long as you don't use the MATY baby controller. Toddlers use it autonomously in my game, both for going to sleep and for waking up.
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 07, 15:24:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen it happen quite a few times...maybe because some of my sims are horrible parents and the toddler sits there hungry, wearing a dirty nappy, with a really empty fun bar.  Tongue However, like Jordi I have recently been using the toddler blanket.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 07, 15:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seldom have to use bottles anymore, fortunately: Sim mothers breastfeed now. Not sure if this is a result of Squinge's mod (which makes it available as a user action), or fully autonomous anyway.

Unfortunately my Sims are too lazy to change diapers themselves. I /have/ seen some autonomous toddler bathing though.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 07, 16:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the sitter mod was incompatible w/ OFB? Has it been updated or anything?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 June 07, 16:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is an OFB-compatible version floating around MTS2 (when it is up).
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 June 07, 16:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using Inges hack that allows toddlers to get out on their own, I think the only thing they need is to have at least 2 - 3 logic points.    I have had the rare toddler get out of the cribs if they are really unhappy without the logic points, and I have also had babies throw themselves out of the cribs when they need changing.     
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 June 07, 16:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "toddler blanket" from MTS2 works great by the way, as long as you don't use the MATY baby controller. Toddlers use it autonomously in my game, both for going to sleep and for waking up.

I have no problems using both in any of my sim houses with toddlers. The warning a toddler needs attention may pop up, but the kid still goes to the mat and goes to sleep without any problems.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 June 07, 16:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim toddlers get out of the crib with no logic points at all using Inge's mod - they do it from the first time they wake up after transition.

And since I use the flamingo of contentment in all my homes, my toddlers are never that low on motives - and babies' nappies never need changing!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: