More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 00:57:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Am I wrong with my Sim's way to run his biz?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Am I wrong with my Sim's way to run his biz?  (Read 9211 times)
Little Dragonbaby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Am I wrong with my Sim's way to run his biz?
« on: 2006 June 02, 06:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry that my question may be repeated if someone used to post it before, but I'm expecting any feedback.

My Sim promoted an employee to be his manager then come home believing that his biz will be cared by the manager all the time.

But, when I let my Sim view the biz info by using home computer, there's nothing about figures related to biz (cash flow/expense/turnover). When one day passed by, just a message ' your shop hasn't made any money today. It's probably about time you went in and shook things up a bit'

I let my Sim use phone to 'check in the biz', but his manager just said 'everything is great' but the next day when he re-viewd the biz info, nothing changed. My Sim's biz run smoothly only when he drove to his community lot and let the sign be 'open for biz/call in employess'.

So the manager just cares for the biz only if my Sim is present at his shop?

Or, am I wrong with something on gameplay or installation/patch/glitch?

Any help is appreciated.

The Sims is my second life ?
Simlover
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile WWW
Re: Am I wrong with my Sim's way to run his biz?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 02, 06:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had the same thing, and there was another post on it here, which according to, it goes on the figures of the business for several previous days takings.

Axe murdered since 2006
Little Dragonbaby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 02, 06:48:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So no way to solve the problem? The sim boss can't run his biz at home, but must go to his biz everyday? But reading the tutorial, I know that the sim-owner can run his biz at home once he has a manager.

Sorry that I couldn't find the post you mentioned.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 02, 07:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this hack may help with that.
Little Dragonbaby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 02, 07:23:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this hack may help with that.

Thanks, mate.

But I think no hack is needed if 'running biz at home is available once a manager's hired' is mentioned in the tutorial. If this thing is not effective, maybe there's something wrong, thinking a new patch for OFB must be released very soon.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 02, 07:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Running the business remotely, without this hack, is not viable for very long, even if you check in, because the Business Decay rapidly snuffs out any profits you'd effectively make inside of a day or two. The income will not be restored to you until you manually revisit the business, which, to say the least, really eliminates the "Remote business" option as viable. With the hack, it's not ENTIRELY fire-and-forget free money, but as long as you check in, you'll always receive the money, until you start neglecting it and not checking in.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Little Dragonbaby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 02, 07:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If actually 'running biz at home' for community lot is unavailable, I think better to 'start home biz'. You can see it's more easier (no loading time to community lot, sims can sleep at home and do what they wants). But, it seems that we can't hire any manager for home biz.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 02, 10:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If actually 'running biz at home' for community lot is unavailable, I think better to 'start home biz'. You can see it's more easier (no loading time to community lot, sims can sleep at home and do what they wants). But, it seems that we can't hire any manager for home biz.
That's because there's no point in hiring a manager at home, because you can't run a home business remotely, ever.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
holly
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 02, 12:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and we have the most annoying promblem ever with ofb, exactly how many business tycoons do you know that vist each of there businesses in person every day .
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 02, 13:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the benefit of Tim_Morgan, who seems to not really know very much about basic gameplay, I'll also point out that the needing to visit often is entirely intentional on Maxis' part and not a bug -- it's quite clearly described in the strategy guide. Doesn't mean it's not still annoying (although I can see why they did it), but it's useful to learn how the game is intended to function and how it actually functions before messing around with that.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Little Dragonbaby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 03, 03:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the benefit of Tim_Morgan, who seems to not really know very much about basic gameplay, I'll also point out that the needing to visit often is entirely intentional on Maxis' part and not a bug -- it's quite clearly described in the strategy guide. Doesn't mean it's not still annoying (although I can see why they did it), but it's useful to learn how the game is intended to function and how it actually functions before messing around with that.

You are right, maybe.

But if so, you must work so hard with OFB as I see the gameplay is not comfortable. Maybe, the sims can just be small shop-owners in OFB. They can't make any biz tycoons. Imagine, if your sim owns 5 or 10 bizs at the same time, should he visit one by one everyday? I tried to play with The Landgraab IV, he owns 2 bizs, one electronics shop and one coffee shop. I started feeling tired with his bizs, should  he must visit 2 shops and wait until his employees finish their working time and come home then? If so, your sim's life will be getting so hard if he becomes a biz tycoon. Meantime, he must try to do something to fulfil his lifetime wants? Wow, hard job and we must play hard game!  Hoping Maxis would release a patch very soon or change the gameplay.

By the way, loading time to move from this lot to that lot so often isn't comfortable. I bet that many players prefers to follow the gameplay by fulfilling the sims' lifetime than coing along with OFB. It's more comfortable simply.

Further, for OFB, some lifetime wants as 'Own 5 bizs' or 'Private biz reach 100,000 simoleons' must be added. As you can see now, OFB for the sims now is just one of the ways to earn money, not related to their lifetime aspiration at all (except for the only one-'earn 100,000' if I'm not wrong). 

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 03, 03:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your sim moves house, (at least, if he moves from one hood to another, this is the case) then when he phones his business he will be told that he's never been there, and the first thing you need to do after move-in is to send him there to sort things out.  He should also tell the manager to "mind the store".  It doesn't matter after that whether he send the employees home or just calls a cab, he should be able to check in when he gets home and start getting a pop-up some hours later telling him how much he has earned.  I have a sim who started his business as a teen, went to college and ran his business from there, and then moved back to Bluewater Village.  After visiting the business once, he is now getting around 900 simoleons per day (it would have been far less, but Pescado's relevant wages mod has meant he was able to stop paying ridiculous salaries, and the other mods all play their part too in keeping his business running well.)

Zephyr Zodiac
Little Dragonbaby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 03, 03:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim's able to earn money when he's present at his biz together with his employees. I mean he must wait until the employees (including the manager) fulfuill their working time, then when he comes home and checks in a biz, his manager says 'Everything is great. You can enjoy a day-off'.

But, if my Sim doesn't go to his shop, one message 'Your shop hasn't made any money today. It's probably time you went in and shook the things up a bit'. And my Sim doen't earn any penny that day. If he checks in his biz, the manager just say 'I'm sorry but we're doing fine work, why could you try to phone again?' and the thing is on and on like that.

Am I wrong with my way to play?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 03, 03:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you've recently performed business upgrades, like, say, adding new objects, building new extensions and rooms, these will be reflected in your profit/loss reports, even though they're fixed expenses and not recurring, and negatively impact your profits, possibly to the point of driving your business into non-profitability.

Little Dragonbaby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 03, 04:00:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, in conclusion, my Sim must spend his time with his employee all the working time and he's just able to earn money by that way only?

So, what is the actual role of his manager?
The manager just controls the employees only  Huh Embarrassed ::)and he just works if his boss is besides him? lol

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 03, 04:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It actually seems to me that there is something causing this to happen, such as a non awesome hack.  I have seen it happen once, but that was when my sim had just moved back from college and before he visited his business.  Once he went in to his business and got things moving again, everything was fine.  If this is happening repeatedly, then either something in your game is causing it, or if your sim is paying out more in wages and setting his profits to low, then as JM has said, your business may not be making any money, in fact, if you were at the business, and your restocker was working fast, you could end up unable to pay your employees.

The whole Maxis maths is fundamentally flawed, in my opinion, and without the awesome business related mods, it can be impossible to make a profit.  Fine for Popularity sims who just want to make friends and own five top-level businesses (which I don't think you need to own simultaneously) and who have a well paid job, but not much use to a sim who wants to make money without going to work!

Zephyr Zodiac
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 03, 05:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Further, for OFB, some lifetime wants as 'Own 5 bizs' or 'Private biz reach 100,000 simoleons' must be added. As you can see now, OFB for the sims now is just one of the ways to earn money, not related to their lifetime aspiration at all (except for the only one-'earn 100,000' if I'm not wrong). 

There is already an "Own 5 Top-Level Businesses" LTW.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 03, 07:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am going off topic here, but that "Own 5 businesses" thing is such a deal beaker for me. If I'm doing a challenge, I will cheat and change that one. I hate it! I can hardly be bothered to run one business, no way I'm running five.  Tongue

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Little Dragonbaby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 03, 11:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is already an "Own 5 Top-Level Businesses" LTW.
[/quote]

Thanks for your info. Can I choose it directly for my Sim's LTW or it's just able to be chosen randomly?

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 03, 11:14:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your info. Can I choose it directly for my Sim's LTW or it's just able to be chosen randomly?

Lifetime Wants are always chosen randomly.  You can use a hacked object such as the Lot Debugger to "reroll" the LTW if you don't like it.

Karen
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 03, 13:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both fortune and popularity sims can get the own 5 top level business LTW - I've never bothered to even attempt it, I just roll it away.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 June 03, 13:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's a useful LTW to roll when you get sick of all your Popularity sims, Romance sims and now Pleasure sims, rolling the Celebrity Chef LTW!  Makes a change, and it isn't so hard to achieve, if you use something like TJ's energy booster so you can keep your business open longer.  Also, since they don't have to own them simultaneously, you could simply run a home business, close it when it reaches Level 10, and open another one, or move house on the proceeds and open another one.

Zephyr Zodiac
Little Dragonbaby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 June 04, 01:44:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your useful info.
Kindly advise me of the linik to download that hack (Lot Debugger?)

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 June 04, 01:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/ofb/hacks/

There you go.

Zephyr Zodiac
Little Dragonbaby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 June 04, 02:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks a lot! Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: