More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 05:19:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  ARRRGH!! Sick of Blue Nurseries!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: ARRRGH!! Sick of Blue Nurseries!!!  (Read 23404 times)
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: ARRRGH!! Sick of Blue Nurseries!!!
« Reply #50 on: 2006 January 11, 14:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hahaha, and I would imagine their pick-up lines would be something along the corny "You know how you could look at someone everyday but never really see them?" Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 January 11, 14:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

;DLOL!  (I made one of mine Family while he was having the kid (both Romance sims, didn't see why Ty should go through the pregnancy and get no pleasure from it at all!  However, this was pre-NL, so I don't know if that would have totally killed the romance if I'd done it post NL!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2006 April 04, 18:28:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing the OFB patch, I can't get boys.  Instead of my births alternating like they used to, now they're all girls.  I had a set of twins born before the patch that were boy & girl (to my Self Sim) and since then, no boys at all.  I've had two sets of twin girls and several single girls, and even though I've reloaded twice, Wanda Tinker has had twin girls both times (making a third set).  I even got her to eat cheesecake in the hope that it would produce at least one boy, but it just gave her an extra girl.  According to the census tool, there are quite a few more females in the neighbourhood than males, so it doesn't make sense that the game would keep producing more females if it was trying to retain a balance.  Out of the current toddlers & babies growing up, I have only one male out of 10, so quite who they are going to get together with I don't know.  Looks like I will be seriously depleting the male townie & dormie pool.

I have 6 more pregnancies still left (one twins), so if they're all boys it will even out, but I have the horrid feeling they're not going to be.  I prefer to take what I get and not mess about changing the sex, but I think I am going to have to.  I'd never even tried reloading before until Wanda.  I shall have one more go and if she still gets girls I'll have to resort to SimPE.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 April 04, 19:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The SimPE method works really well, so I would definitely recommend it if you're frustrated.  It's a lot quicker to change one baby's gender in SimPE than do the reload/birth/randomize thing over and over and over again.

Karen
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2006 April 04, 21:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i haven't finished this whole thread, but just a note-in case it hasn't been brought up-Squinge at insiminator is working on a mod that lets you choose the gender. Last time i checked-he was still working on it, but if ya get too desperate-you could try it when he's done with it. i would want to use it for when i'm wanting to replicate a rl family.

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: 2006 April 04, 21:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wanda Tinker did manage a boy & a girl on the 3rd attempt, so at least I know boys are still possible.  Still doesn't really explain why I've had so many girls one after the other, though.  I knew about Squinge's mod but I don't want to be tempted that easily!  Would be handy for real-life families, though.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2006 April 04, 22:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

.  I knew about Squinge's mod but I don't want to be tempted that easily!  Would be handy for real-life families, though.
yeah-that's always the problem for me too-if it's there-i'll think "what the heck!" n ruin all my fun by cheating-lol!  then i'll wonder why the game is so boring all a sudden-bruddah!  Tongue

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: