More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 05:50:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I need a phone
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I need a phone  (Read 3283 times)
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
I need a phone
« on: 2006 March 31, 22:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm starting a Victorian legacy family, with the apropreate time/fashion changes as needed, but I need a phone that looks as close to period as possable.

Any suggestions will be helpful.

thanks

All your base are belong to us.
Countess
Verona
Dead Member

View Profile
Re: I need a phone
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 01, 00:54:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vita Sims has a victorian phone sitting on a victorian phone table/chair.  It's well done. You can see a close up of it.  It's in the "Victorian Living Room" set. It's a donation set but you will get many items that you would use over and over. I use the items in the set all the time. I personally feel it is worth the 3.50 euro.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 01, 07:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious.  Are their donation sets better quality than their freebies?  I downloaded some of their free stuff and have taken at least half of it out of my game.  Some of it's okay (the stuff I left).  They had an awesome looking coffee-type set.  I didn't realize when I downloaded the huge files there were four individual meshes, and not one mesh and re-colors.  You'd set them somewhere then when you tried to pick them up again you'd get everything but them, but if you tried picking up something near them all you could get was them.  They finally went into the trash bin, too.

Countess
Verona
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 01, 15:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only downloaded the Victorian sets and been very pleased with everything. I use the various items over and over. Very detailed.  The animation is *off* on several things but not a big problem.  The donation sets are huge and have small items like curtains and plants I use constantly in every house. The quality of the furniture is outstanding.

I couldn't play the game without my victorian items. The poly count is probably outrageous.

Haven't  had experience with their freebies. Not interested in anything I have seen there, so I can't honestly answer your question.
DoomPuppy
Blathering Buffoon

.::devil's little sister::.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 03, 23:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've paid for a few of Vita Sims sets as well and I can vouch for the quality, even with my piece of shit video card.  My favorite is their Veranda set, so many items I use over and over.  Worth the 3.50 euro I think.

"Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs."
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 03, 23:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have and like the Victorian stuff, but I keep it in a separate folder and just put it in when I actually need it.  Which hasn't actually happened yet.

When I downloaded it, I had a grand idea of building a beautiful Victorian house like the ones that are so prevalent here in my town, but laziness, procrastination and finding other things to do has pushed that on the back burner.  Undecided
ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 04, 21:48:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Verona.

I'll go check it out.  Grin

All your base are belong to us.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »