More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 04:16:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Can't scope room
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't scope room  (Read 8425 times)
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Can't scope room
« on: 2009 April 07, 23:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay I just installed Free Time and my sim can't scope the room to find a date downtown.  I know I had this issue once before and it was either no auto. napping or no auto relax.  Why that would have anything to do with scope the room is beyond me.   Does anyone know if it is either of these?

Also I have a hack in my folder that says UIText.package.   What it is for I have no idea.   Does anyone know anything about such a hack?

thanks.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: Can't scope room
« Reply #1 on: 2009 April 08, 00:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since you just installed, I'm assuming this is a new hood and a new sim.  Does your sim have a gender preference?  If not, try setting a gender preference (by "checking out" a sim of your sim's preferred gender), then try scoping the room again.

I believe UIText changes the text you get while the game is loading (i.e. reticulating splines, etc).

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 April 08, 00:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They can't scope the room until they have a gender preference different from 0, which is how they are born.
You need to have the sim flirt->check on another sim before the "scope room" menu shows up. Maybe that's why.

The UIText.package might be a hack that modifies the lines at the loading screen (the reticulating splines etc.). If you're not sure it's updated for your current EP, you absolutely should keep it out.

EDIT: ninja'd by Kyna, you bad girl you Tongue

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 April 08, 03:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT: ninja'd by Kyna, you bad girl you Tongue

Heh, I never said I was nice.  In my MUDding days one of my characters had "is not nice" as her whois, after someone publicly chatted that my character was "not nice".  I kept that as the whois for that character for years.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 April 08, 03:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AHA! The truth comes out! Kyna is *ALSO* a man!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 April 08, 04:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We've had this discussion before, when I said I MUSHed for a while.  You said I wasn't a man, because I didn't stick with the MUSHing, and the fact that I quit showed that I wasn't a man.
« Last Edit: 2009 April 08, 04:52:10 by Kyna » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 April 08, 04:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was before you revealed that it took *YEARS* to quit, which means you didn't REALLY quit. Quitting is if you get sick of it relatively soon!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 April 08, 05:15:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The MUSH was only a short time.  It was the MUD that I played on & off for years, and as the years passed it became more off than on.  It's from the MUD that I got my nick - when I wanted to play a create mage, I searched baby-name sites for something that meant "wise".  Kyna went on to become one of my two main characters on the MUD.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 April 08, 05:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The MUSH was only a short time.  It was the MUD that I played on & off for years, and as the years passed it became more off than on.
That is still a man-thing, so you have now conclusively revealed that you are really a MAN!

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 April 08, 05:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The MUSH was only a short time.  It was the MUD that I played on & off for years, and as the years passed it became more off than on.
That is still a man-thing, so you have now conclusively revealed that you are really a MAN!

Ah you got me.  Yes, I'm a male who was so disappointed that her his first-born child was male, that I raised that child to believe she he was female.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009 April 08, 05:40:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What if you quit playing MUDs because you're just not that social?  Is that an indication of [+male] or [+female]?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 April 08, 05:45:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah you got me.  Yes, I'm a male who was so disappointed that her his first-born child was male, that I raised that child to believe she he was female.
That's a rather convoluted explanation. A far simpler explanation for why you both behave that way is that it is clearly a genetically induced attribute. Hence, you both do the same things. What's surprising about that? Most people are like that. Like father, like son.

What if you quit playing MUDs because you're just not that social?  Is that an indication of [+male] or [+female]?
Doesn't mean anything.

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 April 08, 05:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, you're just jealous because our pricks are bigger than yours Tongue.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 April 08, 06:58:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Kyna can't decide whether to high5 or mourn Marhis.

Pes, I always meant to ask: how does the axe-murdering rule apply to parent and offspring (e.g. Faizah & myself)?  Since no two people on the internet are not axe-murderers, does that mean that at least one of us has axe-murdered the other?  Or does the fact that we knew each other before we had internet negate the axe-murderer rule?

Also, we need a new gender option for our profiles.  Declared male, due to having played on a MU*

P.S. Apologies to LynnMar for the derailment.

LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 April 08, 14:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Kya you didn't seem mean to me.  I have been talked to way worse by some of these people.  I had one once who acted like I was a complete moron because I didn't google something.   Not JM he is my crusty old baby doll.  He just lectures me.  lol

Yes she is brand new with no gender preference.  I will get her attracted to someone and then try again, or else I will try the scope in one of my other hoods.  I hope I don't have to take out my hacks and put them back in a few at a time for I have a ton of them.  Yikes

I found that UIText in with my hacks but I did not put it there, that I can remember.  But I did have to edit my registry for BV because it came from the UK and the time was messed up.  It said  22:00 instead of like 2:00 am and so forth.  I had to change my language in BV from  English UK to English US but I followed the tutorial exactly.   The words that read when it is loading have always been in English.  But I got my last two HM and Free Time in the USA.   Maybe that is why I had that UItext thing in there.   Huh

thanks for the help guys.  love ya.   Kiss
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 April 08, 15:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes she is brand new with no gender preference.  I will get her attracted to someone and then try again, or else I will try the scope in one of my other hoods.  I hope I don't have to take out my hacks and put them back in a few at a time for I have a ton of them.  Yikes

There is no reason to think that you would have to take out any hacks because of this.  Try "scope room" with a different playable sim, preferably one who has already "dated" or kissed another sim.  Scope should be available for that sim.  No need even to change hoods.

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 April 08, 15:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or does the fact that we knew each other before we had internet negate the axe-murderer rule?
Yes, the rule only applies to Internet-people. You two aren't Internet-people to each other. This does not rule out the possibility of you two being some kind of creepy father-and-son axe-murder team. In fact, this is pretty common on the Internet, since no two people are not axe murderers.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 April 08, 15:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Kya you didn't seem mean to me.

Marhis and I were joking about something that happened in another thread.  At least, I hope she was joking Wink

Lynn, to fix your scope problem all you need to do is have your sim  check out a sim of the appropriate gender (it's in the flirt menu).  If you want your sim to be bisexual, get them to check out a sim of each gender.

If the UIText file was in your downloads folder, then it was something you downloaded and installed.  It is not something that was installed by a different language version of the game, as the game doesn't install anything to your downloads directory.  Nor was it something that came with a lot, as they are given those pointless strings of numbers & letters for names.

I remember that there was a UIText posted in Peasantry here a few EPs back, so maybe you got it from here and just forgot about it?  As far as I'm aware, It's just a simple text file to overwrite the existing text when you load up the game, so it wouldn't need updating for EPs.  If you want to investigate further where it came from, maybe you could attach the file in this thread, and we could see if anyone recognises it?

LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 April 08, 21:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks you all,  I tried a different sim and got the option. 
 I did not know you had to set the gender thing before the scope the room would work, as long as I have been playing the sims.  My bad.   Embarrassed

No, I am not an axe murderer and I am a girl.    Grin

You guys are nuts  Cheesy     but you are very smart about the game.  JM the Awesome and his awesome minions. 
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 April 08, 23:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of our confirmed axe-murderers on this site are girls, including you.

Tribulatio proxima est
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 April 08, 23:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fortunately for you, we have never held an ax.

May all your fears & worries come true.
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 April 17, 14:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh no,  I have been busted.     Shocked
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: