More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 00:01:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  An Odd Uni Glitch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: An Odd Uni Glitch  (Read 5559 times)
Wedgetail
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
An Odd Uni Glitch
« on: 2006 September 04, 00:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I often get bored and reset my neighbourhoods, this time around I got an odd glitch. It all started when I sent Alexander Goth to uni, old Morty had kicked the bucket by then so when I sent him to uni the special events camera kicked in as per usual and instead of him being on his own during his age transition Bella was there to hug him and wipe the tear from her eye, this has never happened in my game before.

Well since this occurred, now when I send my teens to uni if they aren't sent to a dorm first they don't age transition to Young Adults, if they are sent directly to a residential lot on campus they remain teens and the school bus comes and picks them up.

This now happens in every hood, no I haven't installed any new EP's/Hacks or Custom Content of late, nothing for it to suddenly develop this glitch, other students moved in fine since I reset, it was only after the Alexander/Bella incident that this started to occur.

I can work around it by sending the students to the dorm first, then moving them out and into a residential lot on campus, but this is tedious, frustrating, time consuming and annoying.

Boolprop debugging comes up with no errors.

Has this happened to anyone else? If so do you know why and how it was fixed? If not then I guess I'll just keep using the move into the dorm first work around so they age transition correctly until I'm ready to reset my neighbourhoods again Undecided

I live like I type, fast with a lot of mistakes...*sigh*

My imaginary friend thinks you've got serious mental problems...
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: An Odd Uni Glitch
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 04, 01:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIK, the Alexander/Bella cinema always plays if Mortimer has died before Alexander goes to Uni. It's a little Easter Egg Maxis threw in. I've seen it numerous times, and it's never caused any problems for me.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 04, 01:11:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIK, the Alexander/Bella cinema always plays if Mortimer has died before Alexander goes to Uni. It's a little Easter Egg Maxis threw in. I've seen it numerous times, and it's never caused any problems for me.

I wouldn't give them that much credit. It's more likely a glitch caused by the fact that they didn't properly kill Bella, resulting in Bella still being seen as "alive" for purposes like sending a kid off to Uni.

Fail.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 04, 01:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't give them that much credit. It's more likely a glitch caused by the fact that they didn't properly kill Bella, resulting in Bella still being seen as "alive" for purposes like sending a kid off to Uni.

Well, it could be that too Smiley
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 04, 02:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you by any chance have Inteen installed?  I always move mine into dorms first, but Inteen allows anyone to live on campus in residential housing, so it might possibly not let the teens age, although I would have thought it would.  Only thing I can think of.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Wedgetail
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 04, 02:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you by any chance have Inteen installed?  I always move mine into dorms first, but Inteen allows anyone to live on campus in residential housing, so it might possibly not let the teens age, although I would have thought it would.  Only thing I can think of.

Yes I do have it installed, if that's the case then thank you Wink I always like to know the answers of these worrysome little problems. I can continue to work around it by moving them into the dorms first until I reset again, just wanted to know why it was occuring all of a sudden Undecided

That's one possibility up and running, I thought it was because I hadn't reset Pleasantview correctly but it's occuring in every hood and they haven't been reset.

One less mystery in the universe then Smiley

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 04, 04:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Wedgetail
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 04, 04:32:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does MATY have an equivalent to the inteenimater? I'm still unsure about navigating my way around here, I downloaded it recently as it was required to make a testing wants for teen woohoo work from this site, never had it prior in my game before that, guess I should of picked the alternative of Jens Flowersomethingorother instead Smiley

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 04, 10:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm constantly baffled by people who don't immediately recognize that their teen problems are related to the kitten killer.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
diamonde
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 04, 10:30:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm constantly baffled by people who don't immediately recognize that their teen problems are related to the kitten killer.

I love my kitten killer but yes, if a teen goes wonky that's always where I start.  Not only is it most likely to be the culprit, it's usually because I just haven't updated or RTFM correctly and that's easily fixed.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 04, 14:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does MATY have an equivalent to the inteenimater? I'm still unsure about navigating my way around here, I downloaded it recently as it was required to make a testing wants for teen woohoo work from this site, never had it prior in my game before that, guess I should of picked the alternative of Jens Flowersomethingorother instead Smiley

TwoJeffs has a 'pregnancy for anyone' hack that does the same as inteen in that regard, and the Jen Flowers teen_woohoo hack takes care of that issue, though without teen pregnancy. I currently just use the teen_woohoo, because I have enough pregnancies in my main hood without throwing teens in the mix. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 04, 19:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is more that the inteen is so big that a lot of hacks clash with it. There are few errors that come from inteen alone.

The Alexander/Bella glitch is a "feature".

Or I could be totally wrong...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: