More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 01:27:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  NPC Clones
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: NPC Clones  (Read 4228 times)
Wedgetail
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
NPC Clones
« on: 2008 February 21, 00:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Recently installed the 2nd patch, tested the game and sent a sim on vacation, when the sim went to a community lot I noticed that a local NPC would duplicate, there would be two of the one character on the lot. One would arrive then it's clone would arrive about 10 sim minutes later. I made the clones selectable and they are indeed the same sim.

It doesn't matter which vacation destination I send them to, a clone always appears on the community lot, but it's always one of the locals (ie: in kimono, islander, lumberjack), gender doesn't matter, it alters, it's never one specific NPC local Undecided

So naturally I deleted the game and put in my back ups, same thing is still occuring Sad is my game headed for a BFBVFS? Lips sealed

Any suggestions as to what is causing this, how to fix it? Anyone else suffering from the same problem?

EDIT: Also just to clarify, downloads folder has been moved to desktop so it's not a hack, mod or CC causing this issue, it's definately in game, so that's one less thing to eliminate.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 21, 02:37:34 by Wedgetail » Logged

I live like I type, fast with a lot of mistakes...*sigh*

My imaginary friend thinks you've got serious mental problems...
pmewa_yht_beb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: NPC Clones
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 21, 05:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happened to me once, in Three Lakes. Saw one of the lumberjack-looking locals chest pounding with himself  Huh

It only happened the one time, as far as I can remember. I've gone on vacations since then without this happening again. It would be nice to know what causes it though.
Wedgetail
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 21, 07:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it occurs on every single vacational community lot in my game, I did pose this question on another forum and someone suffered from this problem with uni and I suspect that BV is just a morphed uni so I'm not suprised that this may be a recurring error brought back from crappy programming Undecided

I was thinking of perhaps trying to download and install the uni patch again to see if that rectifies the problem but I doubt it will as it's already installed. I'm at a loss as to what to do about this. Not sure if it's an omen that I'm about to have a BFBVFS Lips sealed

Azrael
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 22, 02:16:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ummm... 2nd patch..?  Huh
...I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the '2nd' patch you speak of was released third-party and is in fact bogus... but then, I could be totally wrong..

...and I was. Just ignore this post altogether.  Grin

...of course, that doesn't necessarily mean said patch didn't in fact break your game - that's what Maxian 'patches' do, right?  Undecided
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 22, 04:35:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ummm... 2nd patch..?  Huh
...I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the '2nd' patch you speak of was released third-party and is in fact bogus... but then, I could be totally wrong..
...and I was. Just ignore this post altogether.  Grin
...of course, that doesn't necessarily mean said patch didn't in fact break your game - that's what Maxian 'patches' do, right?  Undecided

You are in fact, totally wrong, the second patch is on the official site. Just for some ungodly reason, they dropped it off in a bunch of unofficial places first.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 22, 05:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just for some ungodly reason, they dropped it off in a bunch of unofficial places first.

Just to beta test in case something went really, awfully, dreadfully wrong. Then they could disown it.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 22, 05:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it occurs on every single vacational community lot in my game, I did pose this question on another forum and someone suffered from this problem with uni and I suspect that BV is just a morphed uni so I'm not suprised that this may be a recurring error brought back from crappy programming Undecided

Yes, there was a post here about duplicates at Univ.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8884.msg243335.html#msg243335
The concensus was the game felt it had too few NPC's to choose from, but no actual harm was bring done.  Unless new information is shown, looks like it's best to ignore them.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Wedgetail
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 February 25, 02:25:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Phew that's a relief, thanks John Wink As long as my game doesn't go splodey then I can live with duplicates Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: