More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 06:57:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Perfect aquarium...or not?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Perfect aquarium...or not?  (Read 11902 times)
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Perfect aquarium...or not?
« on: 2009 August 05, 00:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I searched for this issue and haven't come across anything so hopefully this hasn't been discussed.  My sim has the perfect aquarium want, and I have gotten 14 different and perfect fish.  When I put them all in fishbowls however, the want does not fulfill.  Am I not doing something?  Do the minnow and anchovy fish count?  I am getting pretty annoyed so any help would be appreciated.   
Mire Krisma
Pancake Fucker
Retardo Lander

INTP (allegedly)

View Profile
Re: Perfect aquarium...or not?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 05, 01:04:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are 21 types of fish. So, that might be your problem.
JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 05, 01:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know how many types of fish there are, the want only requires 13.

I actually just found the solution on the sims 3 forums.  I don't even think to look there anymore, and the answer was there!  I had put all of the fishbowls in the sim's inventory and apparently after I take them back out I have to scoop each one out and put it back in. 
gesine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 05, 01:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just finished this wish myself. It took me 16 little fishes in bowls to finally trigger the fulfilled wish. The wish calls for 13 different species, as I recall, and I had a goldfish and a black goldfish. So I figured the computer was just counting them as one species. I just kept adding new fish until the wish was fulfilled. I didn't have to mess with scooping in and out of his inventory.
BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 05, 03:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you're "supposed" to put them in bowls as soon as they are caught and keep them alive until you have all 13.  That's what I did, and the wish fulfilled as soon as I stocked the 13th bowl.  I guess they didn't realize that people would try to avoid having to feed them by keeping them in their inventory until they had all 13.
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 05, 05:29:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you're "supposed" to put them in bowls as soon as they are caught and keep them alive until you have all 13.  That's what I did, and the wish fulfilled as soon as I stocked the 13th bowl.  I guess they didn't realize that people would try to avoid having to feed them by keeping them in their inventory until they had all 13.
Yah I did the same, kept them alive in my little self made "aquarium" room. Except all the fish I didn't feed on time in the process could probably team up and start a mob against me in the grave yard.
Panastasia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 05, 06:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I waited until I had 13 different perfect fish in my inventory, bought a few tables and 13 bowls, and stocked them one after the other.  The wish was fulfilled without ever feeding any of them.
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 05, 07:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I waited until I had 13 different perfect fish in my inventory, bought a few tables and 13 bowls, and stocked them one after the other.  The wish was fulfilled without ever feeding any of them.
Well gee, I guess I'm too much of an idiot to realize I could have done that.  Cry
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 05, 09:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim fished until she had lots and lots of perfect fish, I bought some extra coffee tables and 13 fishbowls, put in the fish and that was it.

The sim is long dead but the fish are all still alive, every now and then one of her grandchildren autonomously feeds the lot of them.

More F than you
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 05, 11:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually just found the solution on the sims 3 forums.  I don't even think to look there anymore, and the answer was there!  I had put all of the fishbowls in the sim's inventory and apparently after I take them back out I have to scoop each one out and put it back in. 

Yeah - sounds like the sort of thing they'd say on the BBS. 

Inteen for AL, yay!
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 05, 15:45:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want to collect the fish, but no way do I want dozens of fishbowls scattered around the house.  Who's bright idea was it to include a large portion of fish collecting and give us only a lousy fish bowl?  We've had an aquarium since the base game of Sims 1.  I was expecting an aquarium to show up on the sims store at an outrageous price, but clearly they haven't caught onto that idea yet.

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 05, 19:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hopefully the EP will have one, but I doubt it. What would happen if you put a piranha in with a bunch of goldfish, though?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ProfPlumbob
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 05, 19:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hopefully the EP will have one, but I doubt it. What would happen if you put a piranha in with a bunch of goldfish, though?

that's the kind of hilarious "what would happen if..." scenario that we used to get in The Sims. 

Imagination will often carry us to places that never were. But without it we go nowhere.  -Carl Sagan
Bouncing Pink Ball
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 05, 20:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm deliberately avoiding the perfect aquarium lifetime wish until we actually get aquariums instead of fishbowls that hold ONE fish. I guess that means that want is likely never happening for my sims. Seriously though, why no ability to put several of the silly things in a nice aquarium instead of having to build a fishbowl palace?  What a dumb idea.

I'd love to see a sim piranha go to work on his aquarium mates while my poor, inept fish keeper sim looked on in horror.  Heck, putting a piranha in a tiny fishbowl should be enough to trigger some anti sim piranha anger. I can be cruel to my pixels.

ENTP - Dominant Extroverted Intuition for the win!
PrinJess
Blathering Buffoon

I shall take ovur the wurld wit grammer!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 05, 20:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm deliberately avoiding the perfect aquarium lifetime wish until we actually get aquariums instead of fishbowls that hold ONE fish. I guess that means that want is likely never happening for my sims. Seriously though, why no ability to put several of the silly things in a nice aquarium instead of having to build a fishbowl palace?  What a dumb idea.

I'd love to see a sim piranha go to work on his aquarium mates while my poor, inept fish keeper sim looked on in horror.  Heck, putting a piranha in a tiny fishbowl should be enough to trigger some anti sim piranha anger. I can be cruel to my pixels.

Especially when this is never done in real life? EA obviously never heard of aquariums outside their offices.
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 06, 02:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The LTW is borked in my game, too; it takes 14 fish to fulfill it.  Once the sim hits platinum, though, I delete everything.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 06, 02:27:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Especially when this is never done in real life? EA obviously never heard of aquariums outside their offices.

I wouldn't be surprised if their lobby had a nice huge aquarium but the coders have still never, ever seen one.

INFP or something
ramseyazad
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 08, 19:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Goldfish-eating piranha aren't that uncommon irl.  It's fun to watch! 
BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 08, 19:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lamest part about the whole thing is that all the fish are the same size when put in fishbowls.  Only about 3 of them could realistically fit in a fishbowl, and none of them would live very long in that kind of environment.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 August 08, 20:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Goldfish-eating piranha aren't that uncommon irl.  It's fun to watch! 
Way to miss the point. You see, if you actually could place all fish in one aquarium, you'd have the jellyfish, sharks, and piranha end up eating everything. Ultimately, I think the shark would win. But if that were possible in game and it were coded realistically, all the BBSers would whine and cry that their goldfish have been eaten.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jrcaporal
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 August 08, 22:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I used to have an aquarium I had  a couple of plecos, gold fishes and other species, and one day I found out a pleco had killed a gold fish Shocked LOL

Nothing to see here.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 August 08, 22:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lamest part about the whole thing is that all the fish are the same size when put in fishbowls.  Only about 3 of them could realistically fit in a fishbowl, and none of them would live very long in that kind of environment.

EAxis role models bad fish care to impressionable children. Bad EAxis. Will no-one think about the goldfish?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 August 09, 11:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure that in SimLand sharks and piraņas shit rainbows, so why not?

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 August 10, 15:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I can't wait for Sims to be able to swim in oceans and lakes. They would HAVE to have a chance of being stung by jellyfish, bitten by piranhas or eaten by sharks. Death by fish... one can live in hope. 

More F than you
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009 August 10, 23:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I can't wait for Sims to be able to swim in oceans and lakes. They would HAVE to have a chance of being stung by jellyfish, bitten by piranhas or eaten by sharks. Death by fish... one can live in hope. 
Or how about swim in the graveyard pond at night? It's literally swimming to the death!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: