More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 23:01:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Nightlife Install Error
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife Install Error  (Read 4206 times)
Becky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Nightlife Install Error
« on: 2007 December 27, 05:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,
I haven't played Sims 2 for several months, so I decided to restart from scratch. Previously I only had the base game, which I uninstalled.

So I'm in the process of installing Sims 2 and several expansion packs from scratch. I installed the base game and University with no problems (but haven't yet run the game). So my next installation is Nightlife. But at 37% complete (Disk 1), an error message pops up:

When I select "Retry", the installation attempts to continue, but the error message pops up again. The only alternative is to quit the installation.

1. Does anyone know what is causing this error?

2. Should I have installed the patch(es) before even asking this question?  Undecided

Thanks for any help!
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
Re: Nightlife Install Error
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 27, 05:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patching base game may help. When I reinstall, I install base game, patch, Uni, NL, patch, etc. Uni patches are included in NL so patching Uni is not required. Otherwise, I would say your disk may be corrupt. Someone else may know better, as I have never had this error.
Becky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 27, 05:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I installed the base game patch, but the error still occurs.
I guess the disk is corrupt.
Thanks for the help, Nec.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 27, 06:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the disk is corrupted, I suggest trying to copy the whole content of the cd to your hard disk and try to install from there
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 27, 06:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the disk is corrupt, download a copy of it - like a clone cd or an iso image. You own it, so there is no reason to worry.
Becky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 27, 06:34:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good idea, crystalclear. But when I tried that, it wouldn't copy everything. The particular package, SfxK1, appears to be corrupted.

Maybe I'll try to find a copy somewhere, like you suggested Nec. Do you know of any "safe" places to look? I'm worried about malware, etc.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 27, 06:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well if you wanna get it off torrent, you shouldn't worry too much. Most torrents (from certain sites) are pretty safe, just make sure you read the comments posted for that particular torrent, it they didn't have any problem I think it's safe to assume it's free from malware and/or viruses
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 27, 07:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go to thepiratebay.org, search for sims 2, it is on page 3. TPB is a good site. I trust it.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 December 27, 08:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Becky, did you close all background tasks (including the internet) before you installed? I got that same error when I stupidly decided to web-surf while installing an EP. That was a mistake, and I had to re-install the EP.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Becky
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 December 31, 06:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to follow up and post the resolution to this - -
I think it was a corrupt disk, because there was a strange mark/scratch on the disk.
So I decided to buy a copy of Deluxe (to eliminate the chance of buying another Nightlife disk with the same corruption), and the installation went smoothly.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: