More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 08:32:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Anyone recognise this outfit?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anyone recognise this outfit?  (Read 28621 times)
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Anyone recognise this outfit?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 December 06, 11:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Iron Chef.  Okay, I get it now.

That would have been funny if they had made the outfit well enough the joke didn't have to be explained.   Tongue

Career outfits are terrible in TS2.  I remember enjoying them in TS1, for the most part, wondering what outfit a new promotion was going to come up with. 

I just cringe in TS2 and try to remember not to take pictures until they change clothes. I don't know which is worse -- the horrible track suit or the horrible burgundy pantsuit the business women wear.  *gack*  Yeah, that's what a female company president dresses in, clothes from the career section at WalMart.

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 December 06, 11:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Iron Chef.  Okay, I get it now.

That would have been funny if they had made the outfit well enough the joke didn't have to be explained.   Tongue

*blink* I got it immediately and I don't watch TV...

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 December 06, 12:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got it also, and I've never seen the show at all. I thought it was pretty obvious just based on the job's description, that it was some sort of silly competition. I didn't even know what the name of the thing it was parodying was, but I'd seen enough jabs at it elsewhere to recognize more of the same.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 December 06, 12:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't watch TV either, and I certainly didn't get it!  (Perhaps because  a) I rarely watched cooking programmes when I did watch TV, and b) we don't get that many Japanese programmes here anyway!)  And I would never have guessed!  To me, a Celebrity Chef would either wear as has been suggested the white chef suit and hat (which they made so well for Sims1), or they'd wear a smart casual outfit for appearing on chat shows etc.

Zephyr Zodiac
florican
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 December 06, 12:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here ZephyrZodiac. I don't even have a TV so there's no way I was going to get a parody of some obscure Japanese show.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 December 06, 12:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And who would care anyway what kind of wierd get-up they wear?  I mean, one would just say, oh, well, they do things differently in Japan, maybe that's like a normal chef's outfit there.  I mean, he could hardly wear a kimono, it wouldn't be very convenient and could so easily catch fire when making crepes suzettes!

Zephyr Zodiac
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2005 December 06, 13:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw Melissa Fancey in that outfit once, and I thought she must be like a Chinese-food-delivery person or something.  *8)  Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be Gina Raptor's work outfit.  (My previous Celebrity Chef, Kaylynn Langerak, got the nice red one.)  Once I internalized the funny Iron Chef reference, though, I stopped minding.  (And since it was Gina's LTW, she didn't mind anything anymore.  "Hey, whatever!  I'm a Celebrity Chef!!")

DC
knitro
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 December 06, 20:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I dislike most of the outfits for careers on s2 i do enjoy the top career of the natural scientist, gives me giggles, especially when they are wearing that outfit when you save and close that lot and then are wandering around in it later...hehe.

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!"
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 December 06, 20:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Figleaves are Fun, yay!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 December 06, 20:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must admit that Uniform is creative for sure Grin

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 December 06, 21:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But maybe a bit of a no-no here in the UK!  Just a bit chilly around the nether regions!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 December 06, 21:33:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it wouldnt be a no no in the U.S.  but it definitely would be a bit chilly where I live since we have snow in the forecast for tommorow and Thursday

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 December 06, 22:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definitely not figleaf weather!

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 December 06, 22:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's interesting how we aren't allowed to see sims sitting fully clothed on the toilet or a baby on the potty, yet we can see sims parading around with nothing but a fig leaf strategically placed.  To me, that is more erotic than seeing a baby have his or her diaper changed!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 December 06, 23:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd definitely agree with that, Rainbow.  They're such a mixed-up bunch aren't they (the Maxoids, I mean, not the figleaves!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 December 06, 23:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's interesting how we aren't allowed to see sims sitting fully clothed on the toilet or a baby on the potty, yet we can see sims parading around with nothing but a fig leaf strategically placed.  To me, that is more erotic than seeing a baby have his or her diaper changed!
I tend to agree with you there Rainbow

simposiast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 December 07, 00:34:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the female criminal mastermind suit, I have an elder sim who wears it all the time. It looks great on a sim with white hair, and it's way better than all those granny clothes. Grin
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 December 07, 17:12:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I find most annoying about the Celebrity Chef uniform is that you get all of the variations in your wardrobe, but do not have the ability to select which one you want your Sim to wear.  At least I apparently don't have that ability.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 December 07, 17:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the female criminal mastermind suit, I have an elder sim who wears it all the time. It looks great on a sim with white hair, and it's way better than all those granny clothes. Grin

I like it too, actually.  I always let them wear it when they get home from work.  It's a hoot seeing them fetch the mail, etc. in it.

As for the celebrity chef outfit....I like it.  I think it looks like something a TV-chef would wear (I guess the Iron Chef).  Undecided
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 December 07, 23:14:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not really a question of being "allowed" to see that. The reason you don't see that is because, well, sims can't actually drop their pants to use the toilet. The blur is an attempt to hide this and push the action off-screen.

What I find most annoying about the Celebrity Chef uniform is that you get all of the variations in your wardrobe, but do not have the ability to select which one you want your Sim to wear.  At least I apparently don't have that ability.
I think the color you get to actually wear to work is decided by your sim's coloration, based on some combination of his skin, eye, and hair colors. All the variaitons may be planned at the dresser, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 December 07, 23:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to know how come the Celebrity Chef gets all those choices, and the poor Icon only gets a grubby old tracksuit that the Rookie wouldn't be seen dead in!

Zephyr Zodiac
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 December 08, 08:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a bit of a question... is there some sort of hack or mod out there, that will let you have replacments for career clothes? I'm picky about my hacks, and mods, only JM, TJ, and Inge's stuff in my game. ^^

Just a thought. (:
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 December 08, 11:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would be nice!  But I think I read somewhere that it wasn't possible, but there again, things change.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 December 08, 13:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would be nice!  But I think I read somewhere that it wasn't possible, but there again, things change.
I wish there were a hack like that as well. the Broadway star for example wears business attire  Undecided when formal wear seems more appropriate to me

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 December 08, 13:10:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the whole acting career has peculiar clothes choices, myself.  After all, most actors don't wear uniforms (except when playing a part on stage!) and I'm sure that icons wouldn't meet their fans wearing a tatty tracksuit!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: