More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 21:43:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  New Patches for OFB and FFS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Patches for OFB and FFS  (Read 80936 times)
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: New Patches for OFB and FFS
« Reply #225 on: 2006 June 26, 16:18:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. That's quite a lot I never paid any attention to. Good to know anyway, for the next patch.
As you've all probably understood, I don't care much how I left my sims the last time I played. (or don't remember, as I play only every 4-5 days) I have a fish-like memory so I get surprised every time I load a family, I even forgot one had a baby! And they lead pretty chaotic lives, I never have a set bedtime (very much like me) So it's not surprising to me that a sim is standing next to a bed, or a baby on the floor. I just assume I left them that way Cheesy
Rebochan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2006 June 26, 23:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installed patch over OFB patch 1.  Ran the game with a full downloads folder.  Besides the usual reseting Sims, everything was fine.  No re-installs, nothing.  Fortunately, I have no globals that are overridden by it.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Be Bartender
« Reply #227 on: 2006 June 27, 00:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the only reference I see that is relevant to a problem I just noticed:

• Employees working as Baristas now bring in Simoleons.

I was playtesting at the Sugar Cube Bowling lot, and I found that sims who are assigned to 'Be Bartender' will magically rake in 16$ simoleons at random times. I vaguely recall reading about this elsewhere... but I'm too lazy to search for it. Jorenne And notovny said that it should have been fixed with the Patch. I have both OFB and FFS 2nd patches, and it apparently has not been fixed (or fixed properly Tongue). Jorenne even confirmed this in her game.

Sims who are tending bar will magically rake in $16 simoleons, that goes to the business owner lots' funds. The sim does get properly paid their hourly wage. But in addition to that wage, they also automagically earn money out of thin air, regardless of whether they are actually serving drinks to anyone or not.

Has anyone else noticed this in their game? I suppose I can try selling and rebuying the bar, to see if it fixes it. But I'm just wondering if this has always been a problem, and if the problem has not been fixed correctly.

Thanks.

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2006 June 27, 01:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed this with the bartender at Club Dante.  I haven't played that lot since OFBp2.  I had p1 at the time.  I'll try playing it again when I get the chance to see if it still happens.
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: 2006 June 27, 15:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a new problem.  If you recall, in the first EP you could work as barista or tend bar on a community lot.  The code that pays a Sim on a non-owned community lot is still alive on owned community lots.  However to my knowledge this only happens to employees, not controllables (owner and owner's family).

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: 2006 June 27, 15:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a new problem.  If you recall, in the first EP you could work as barista or tend bar on a community lot.  The code that pays a Sim on a non-owned community lot is still alive on owned community lots.  However to my knowledge this only happens to employees, not controllables (owner and owner's family).

Yeah. I didn't think it was new. I recall reading about it somewhere (probably here even @MATY) and was told that it was supposedly resolved. It's quite apparent that it hasn't been. Tongue I think, in the short time that I was playtesting, it did not happen to the owner when I made him tend bar. However, it did happen with the two employees that I assigned. The thing is... I checked the code (albeit briefly) and it appears that it does check if the sim is an employee, and thus theoretically treat them in the same manner as an owner or family member. Huh I think twojeffs said he was looking into the bar/barista code... I kinda gave up because it was giving me a headache. Tongue Hopefully twojeffs can make heads or tails of it eventually. But I'm sure he's preoccupied with the Casual Romance upgrade.

Ste

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2006 June 28, 03:20:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that some robots my sim had made on one of my lots were gone after I installed the patch.  I'm not sure what happened.  They had a sentry bot and a clean bot, and they were both gone when I entered their lot again after the patch.  Anyone else notice this?

I had this happen before the patch too, but I think it's related to anything that causes a reset.  Pre-patch, I had it happen when I disabled the kitten killer, which causes a reset. And again when I patched with the latest patches.  Bot's in inventories were fine, but any that were active disappeared.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 2006 June 28, 04:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the Bot-NPC disappears, you can respawn a new one at the stand by shift-clicking on it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2006 June 28, 17:14:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the Bot-NPC disappears, you can respawn a new one at the stand by shift-clicking on it.
The problem is that the whole thing is gone, including the base.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2006 June 28, 17:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is that the whole thing is gone, including the base.
Well, then, buy another one. Wasn't there a hacked collection for that? That's just a natural side effect of things being reset while in use. Next time, return all trays and seats to the upright position before landing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 2006 June 28, 17:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Losing Robots is not good, but it's no big deal either. Buy a replacement.

A big deal would be losing a sim or if the ability to make a robot was broken by the patch or something along those lines--something pescado would have to fix. Smiley

But, as I read it, the patch actually worked for everyone, aside from install problems. And as such, really, the Maxiods did good. What a nice change!
« Last Edit: 2006 June 28, 18:22:44 by MutantBunny » Logged
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2006 June 28, 18:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, then, buy another one. Wasn't there a hacked collection for that? That's just a natural side effect of things being reset while in use. Next time, return all trays and seats to the upright position before landing.
I will keep that in mind for next time.  Tongue
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2006 June 28, 21:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having a problem with carpool notifications?  It may just be a coincidence, but it seems that none of my female sims are getting the notification an hour before the carpool arrives, but my male sims are.  And this is happening in more than one neighborhood.

(I mean it may be a coincidence that it seems like it's just female sims.)

I noticed this especially in a household that only had one female sim living there.  No notification that the carpool was going to arrive in an hour.  Male sims always get the notification.  And if both are leaving at the same time, I only get the message for the male.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2006 July 01, 18:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops my bad: thought the lock doors wasn't working. Thought I had gotten rid of all Inge's tokens. But I had one hidden and it screwed up the locks.
« Last Edit: 2006 July 01, 19:13:59 by MutantBunny » Logged
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2006 July 01, 19:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having a problem with carpool notifications?  It may just be a coincidence, but it seems that none of my female sims are getting the notification an hour before the carpool arrives, but my male sims are.  And this is happening in more than one neighborhood.

Yes!  I thought I was going crazy.  When she was in the science career, my legacy founder rarely got her carpool notice while her wife regularly did. After the founder retired she started an elder job and now she's been getting the reminders while her wife isn't. 
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: 2006 July 02, 23:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure I've seen this mentioned somewhere, but if it was on here I can't find it.  I've noticed that since putting in the second OFB patch, if my Sims go to their final exam while they're at the Secret Society, they come back with the exam still "in progress" and the game produces an error.  I have to reset them, at which point their grade meter jumps to the very top and they're no longer at their exam.  I also hear a "kaching" noise, so presumably they're getting the money but not the credit.  This is a pain if they're abducted close to their final (one was taken an hour before and sent straight home again "to study") because I can't let them stay long and I usually leave them there 2 or 3 days to get a few sikills without the distraction of 3-bolt paramours or whatever.

Should it help, I'm attaching one of the error logs.
« Last Edit: 2006 July 03, 01:50:26 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: 2006 July 03, 00:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This might be due to my hack fix for finals while at the sslot.

'Bad gosub tree number' IIRC usually is due to using NL/OFB format in earlier games. My main computer/desktop is offline atm. I probably won't be able to bring it up for a few hours. But I'll check this asap, once I get it back up and online.

If you want to check it out yourself... open up the hack in SimPE, and click on the BHAV and check if the format is 8007. 8009 is a format that was introduced in NL, and you should be able to use it in NL and later... If you do have NL or OFB... then it could be something else. I can't be sure until I actually look at the code myself.

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2006 July 03, 01:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone had trouble with having one sim join another sim in the car?  I noticed this problem on a date when my sim wanted to woohoo in the car with his date.  But when he went to sit in the vehicle and invited the other sim to join.  The other sim came to stand next to the car and froze.  The other sim in this case was a townie.  I tried with another sim who lived on the lot, and she was able to join.  This was a new neighborhood.  I tried with my older neighborhood to see if it was just the lot, and I had the same problem.  On two separate lots, another sim living on the same lot couldn't "Sit in vehicle."  I took out all my downloads and still had the same problem.  I don't think I've tried since I installed the second patch.  Anyone else?
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2006 July 03, 02:05:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure I've seen this mentioned somewhere, but if it was on here I can't find it.  I've noticed that since putting in the second OFB patch, if my Sims go to their final exam while they're at the Secret Society, they come back with the exam still "in progress" and the game produces an error.  I have to reset them, at which point their grade meter jumps to the very top and they're no longer at their exam.  I also hear a "kaching" noise, so presumably they're getting the money but not the credit.  This is a pain if they're abducted close to their final (one was taken an hour before and sent straight home again "to study") because I can't let them stay long and I usually leave them there 2 or 3 days to get a few sikills without the distraction of 3-bolt paramours or whatever.

Should it help, I'm attaching one of the error logs.

AS--Gosh....sims not getting the advancement part of exams happened before didn't  it? I seem to remember it was a bug. I had it happen only once and that may have been right after installing OFB. Untll that time, I kinda thought those experiencing it might be a little crazy Smiley

However, I had it happen much like you did a day ago: Only the sims went downtown an hour before his exam, left from the restaurant, came back to the restaurant,  got the kaching noise and the money but NO advancement. 

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: 2006 July 03, 03:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually that particular error Ancient Sim mentioned was due to my hack, which specifically addresses going to finals from the sslot. I fixed it (well... hopefully Tongue) and posted an update here. Grab the latest version, overwrite, test, and report back if you still have problems.

As for your particular issue, from a Downtown lot... I don't think my hack would affect that. I pretty much left the rest of the BHAV alone. I only added some extra checks and code to handle things differently if you playing from an sslot. I think I have had a sim go to finals only once from a comm lot, but they returned fine and both received their grant and advanced properly. *shrugs*

@rainbow - I have had issues with trying to get sims to join others in cars. I'm not sure if this would solve your problem, but with my sims, I found that if I made the sim the Owner of the car, they could then have another sim (playable Or visiting) join them. When someone else was the owner, I had silly dancing issues of trying to get other sims to join them, and even when they eventually did, either sim (the one I was playing or the other one invited) would often get out of the car before I could get them to even try and Woohoo.

Of course, this presumes that your sim already isn't the owner. If s/he was the owner already... then I don't know what the problem is. Sad I haven't toyed with this in a whiles tho... but I'll try and keep an eye out for this. I'm also guessing you didn't get any error logs?

Ste

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: 2006 July 03, 03:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know they could go to exams from Downtown, I thought the Uni clock stopped?  It always has before.  Anyway, my problem has been sorted now, as Ste has reported, so hopefully it won't happen again.

As for the cars, I have always had terrible problems getting them to interact romantically in them.  They can get in OK, but once they're in there the only options tend to be to turn on the lights and stereo, or tell the other Sim to get out.  Very occasionally I get the options to kiss, make-out and woo-hoo, but most of the time I don't.  And if I try to drive home so they can woo-hoo there (when they have the want to do it in the car), I can't because I'm told that would end the date and, of course, I need the "Woo-hoo with Whoever in Car" points to get it up to Dream status, so I can't win either way.  I know other people have had this problem, but I've never come across anyone solving it.  Whether it's related to your problem or not, I don't know.  Cars have always been buggy anyway.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2006 July 03, 04:49:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Syberspunk and Ancient Sim.  I have experienced the situations you both describe with the romantic options not being available sometimes, and with the sim invited to join popping out of the car as soon as they get in.  But usually I can get them to get back in by pausing, clicking ask to join again, and they'll get in and stay.  I've been frustrated by the lack of make out and woohoo options in the car as well.  Sometimes getting out and getting back in will work, but most of the time that doesn't fix it.  This problem is different.  I've never seen this before.  I'm not getting any errors at all, so no log.   I tell my sim to sit in vehicle, and he goes and gets into the driver's side.  The other sim who is invited to join goes to the passenger side and just stands there, frozen in place.  I can make them selectable and cancel the action from there queue to unfreeze them.  I was on a community lot once, and they were able to get into the car, but then the woohoo option wasn't available.  So I invited the other sim "back to my place," and then they couldn't even get into the car, so they had to make do with the bed or hot tub.  It was still a dream date, and it's annoying messing with the car most of the time anyway.  I like them having the car so they don't have to mess with the carpool and they don't have to leave right on time.  But when they have a car, all they want to do on dates is woohoo in it.  Tongue  But now this problem is driving me crazy!
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2006 July 03, 05:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm. Sorry, I didn't really mean DT. I meant a comm lot at Uni. In fact, I was hoping it would stop the clock and I'd have time to green up, that's why I went in the first place. Next time, I 'll try the DT lot.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: 2006 July 03, 07:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@MutantBunny - Afaik, the uni clock still flies while you are visiting a comm lot in a Uni 'hood. I'm actually testing a hack right now, if I remember, I'll try to send a YA to a final while at a comm lot (on Uni) and see if I get the same problem.

@rainbow and Ancient Sim - In your experience, was the sim the actual Owner of the car? When I set my sim to the actual Owner, this appeared to solve the problem. But I did not do an extensive thorough test on multiple lots. *shrugs* This was just a short play/testing session that I noticed this. In my real game, I haven't even used cars much. I have one playable  house that I've been actively playing lately, and they have a car. Despite the supposed fixes that the patches included for visiting comm lots with cars, I still refuse to use them. I take the Taxi instead. Tongue

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2006 July 03, 07:55:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ste:  I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I'd tried with and without the sim set as the owner.  It didn't seem to make a difference.  I know people have reported bugs with cars on community lots, but I haven't experienced those (knock wood).  Other than the lack of woohoo options at times, that is.  Still, I love the element the cars add to the game.  If they could just work out all the bugs, we'd be set, LOL.  It's just strange that this new problem just started happening, yet it doesn't seem affected by removing all hacks.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: