More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 20:49:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife = Uni?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife = Uni?  (Read 11324 times)
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
Nightlife = Uni?
« on: 2006 January 15, 01:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I installed TS2 finally and just NL. I don't have much space for Uni. But something I've noticed is that NL includes many things that Uni did. Like the Influence meter and everything. The only thing missing is the actual college.

What gives? I don't think that's very fair that I had to pay that much for Uni just for those features to be slapped onto Nightlife.

/rant.

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
Re: Nightlife = Uni?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 15, 02:13:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would you buy uni, and not install it?

Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 15, 02:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well no, I bought it when it first came out.

I recently restored my computer and I'm down to a very limited amount of harddrive space. I know that Uni takes up less space than NL, but I get more play out of NL than I did with Uni so I decided that NL was the one to install.

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 15, 02:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I completely agree with you!  It's like buying a chicken when you can just go buy the eggs.

You can bet that OFB will most likely have Uni+NL features to boot.  Makes you wonder why you don't just wait until the last expansion pack...
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 15, 03:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The code for each EP is built upon the code base for the previous one, so yes, OFB will include all the Uni and NL code, but a lot of it will be disabled unless you actually have that EP installed.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 15, 04:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I don't consider the influence meter a feature.

Unsouper
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 15, 04:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But things like extra want slots, the extra careers etc. do add to gameplay.

Zephyr Zodiac
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 18, 22:31:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but you don't get the extra want slots and careers- only the crappy influence meter

although clones of some of the uni objects seem to work with only NL installed, and you can cheat to get the extra slots, but the new careers aren't available

Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 18, 22:33:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does NL alone include the LTW?

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 19, 02:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow! Shocked This is nice information!

Altho Maxis seem to leave a lot of "loose ends" in the game. I mean Carrigon unlocked the NL car before NL was released! Shocked I thought this was so awesome of her! Cool It seems there was only the code for the "pleasure ride" tho. still I think it's remarkable how many things there can be found hidden in the game... Smiley

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 19, 02:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anything purely "game mechanical" will automatically be included in the future expansion packs. In short, people who buy the next expansion pack can fully expect the attraction system will continue to exist and all of the new NL-introduced interactions to be present. Other NL-induced features may be more iffy.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 19, 02:57:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does NL alone include the LTW?

I would like to know this too, if anyone knows?

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 19, 03:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NL alone would probably include LTWs, yes, unless they're all disabled for some reason. The code for LTWs is all there, though, and Pleasure sims definitely have their own unique NL-specific LTWs.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 19, 03:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be there (LTWs in NL only) as that's the excuse they keep using for not adding the Uni careers as LTWs (so NL only, and/or other EP only, folks wouldn't get stuck with 'em) :p

Unsouper
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 19, 03:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course all the new objects and building objects coming with Uni won't be there if you don't install it.
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 19, 03:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, we shouldn't buy OFB if we don't plan on using businesses since any new social interactions and build mode objects will be in the next expansion anyway?  They did this sort of thing in TS1 too, but it seems that half of each expansion is given in the next expansion.  If this is true, then if you don't like the subject matter you can just skip an expansion and get the next one and still get a bunch of the features.
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 19, 03:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could so do without that damn bubble-blower.  All my fortune and pleasure sims obsess over having one.  Since my new install I absolutely refuse to buy one for any of them.  I have a sim that just turned elder and still wants one.  So much for not giving in to obsessions Sad

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 19, 03:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could so do without that damn bubble-blower.  All my fortune and pleasure sims obsess over having one.  Since my new install I absolutely refuse to buy one for any of them.  I have a sim that just turned elder and still wants one.  So much for not giving in to obsessions Sad

I've vaugely fantazised about making a sculpture sized bubble blower, that would fulfill that want, but be small and infunctional, so you could hide it away somewhere.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 19, 04:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't be so bad if the bubble-blower increased energy - or if they'd stop once fun was full!  On the other hand, you want them to use the karaoke to increase their Creativity, and the minute their fun is full, they stop!

And does anyone know if there's a hacked TV somewhere which only shows the cooking channel?  I'm sick of family sims with the want to increase their cooking skills switching channels as soon as they've watched for about two sim minutes!

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 19, 04:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And does anyone know if there's a hacked TV somewhere which only shows the cooking channel?  I'm sick of family sims with the want to increase their cooking skills switching channels as soon as they've watched for about two sim minutes!

I've never heard of that, but I would love it.  Let me ask Pescado.  Grin
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 19, 04:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hope he's in a good mood!

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 19, 04:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the narcolepsy has got him again...no reply, but he will.  Grin  (Or I'll harass him until he does)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 19, 04:55:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Might give him a reason to let his poor sims have a TV! 

What I'd really like, as mentioned in another thread, is the old Sims1 bottling station!  (I'm having a go at Veronaville, and decided to make it all-victorian (ar thereabouts) and I could have houses without TVs then!  And it's much nicer than that awful Charlie and the chocolate factory machine - plus it's buyable!  And I used to like how the sims1 sims could keep the jars in their inventory and give them as gifts!

Zephyr Zodiac
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 19, 05:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I asked him and he said he thinks Numenor or someone made an anti-change channel mod.  He doesn't want to add any more unnecessary hacks that he has to potentially maintain with new EP's (that is, if he gets the next EP, what with the current SimPE issues and all).
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 19, 06:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the LTW in NL, I think I saw them. I normally don't pay attention to them much but I'll check since I'm going to go play in a few minutes.

Hopefully I get a second harddrive for my b-day so I can install Uni and have room for OFB.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: