More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 01:11:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  townie backpacks too full?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: townie backpacks too full?  (Read 4078 times)
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
townie backpacks too full?
« on: 2006 April 06, 02:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A townie walks in a buys something. That item goes into their inventory. At some point, that townies inventory is gonna be way way full.

I see a possible exploding game from townie backpacks too full, kinda like too many memories.... You think?
olomaya
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: townie backpacks too full?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 06, 04:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Prima Guide says that only the last 3 items they buy are in their inventory.  I haven't tested this out in theory though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 06, 04:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The possibility of a townie backback emptier has been considered, but it is not believed to be a pressing issue at this time, given that a single sim would have to accumulate some 30000 inventory tokens before something went wrong.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
GreenEyedHobgobblin
Asinine Airhead

[See also: Damage Inc356]

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 06, 05:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Prima Guide says that only the last 3 items they buy are in their inventory.

... which is total crap.  I've checked inventories a few times and there have been several pages of things in there.  Not the usual stuff some townies have to give as gifts, but foods and other things they've bought which I remember selling to them.
olomaya
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 06, 05:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the Prima Guide can only go by what Maxis tells them as they don't actually play the game before they write up the book. 
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 06, 05:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if Jm says it is not an issue at this point, I believe him.  Smiley

Will take a long time before 1 townie can even accumulate 30,000 items.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 10, 17:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... which is total crap.  I've checked inventories a few times and there have been several pages of things in there.  Not the usual stuff some townies have to give as gifts, but foods and other things they've bought which I remember selling to them.

So the question is, can you delete them safely?

Inteen for AL, yay!
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 11, 21:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got only one townie left in the main 'hood. She seems to keep only the last 3 items of whatever she bought. Her memory panel in SimPE also shows 3 items only. All my sims currently only own home businesses though. I've been keeping the businesses alive by selling stuffs to the NPCs that came with NL too, and they also appear to only keep 3 items. Undecided
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 12, 18:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can someone report pages of itemsi n inventories and someone report only three stay?? I have no doubt that both are reporting exactly what their game is doing. The question is how can Maxis fuck it up sooo badly??? And hence, I'm kinda worried about what happens later on with townies after OFB has been played for months. This could be bad.
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 13, 03:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got only one townie left in the main 'hood. She seems to keep only the last 3 items of whatever she bought. Her memory panel in SimPE also shows 3 items only. All my sims currently only own home businesses though. I've been keeping the businesses alive by selling stuffs to the NPCs that came with NL too, and they also appear to only keep 3 items. Undecided

Same here.  Just married a long-time townie who has bought probably up to 100 items and when she moved in, she only had two cakes and a cell phone (aka, the last three items she bought).
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 13, 04:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, Squinge over at insimenator.com did a mod that stop Sims from adding thing into their inventory and best of all, they won't spend the money for what they buy and it will not intefeer with the business making money.

It can be found here:  http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=8418
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 13, 06:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh, thanks for the link, MissDoh.  I've been looking for something like this.  I like having my playable Sims as shoppers but hate that they don't get refunded in full (or at all, in the case of food).  That Squinge is becoming my new best friend.  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: