More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 18:52:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion  (Read 162225 times)
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Beta Testing 1.7.9/WA 2.2.8 Problems/Questions/Discussion
« Reply #100 on: 2009 November 24, 10:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, they are not fixed yet, I am in France with some new sims and it still says "Click to Go Home"  It should say, Click to return to Base Camp.  I just downloaded the newest version of the beta mod from today at 5:something pm.

I just noticed something strange.  After going into a saved game, the "click to go Home" was showing, and tried to send my sim home, I was also unable to use the phone for anything, no options came up.  Before I exited and restarted the game, everything was fine, just as it should have been, but going back into a saved game (which was started new with AM installed) the problem showed.  I wonder if it is something with the way the game is saving, or loading from the save that is causing the problem.

I'm having the same problem like you too. The phone is not usable and I discovered that if you are on vacation while installed AM, you'll probably get "Click to go Home" on the arrow button. But if you're in the original neighbor enwhile AM is installed, the phone would work and when going on vacation, the arrow button would say "Click to return to base camp", and everything seems to be fine. That's so far what I've gone through.

I thought this too.  However after my first adventure in France (in a new test game post-awesomemod installation) the same thing happened.  I had put back in my awesomeconfig which still had the auto save set and it had saved whilst in the tomb.  So I am thinking that if you save whilst in the travel hoods, the 'return to base camp' button reverts to 'return home' and your sim disappears.  Anyone care to test this?
Starstryder
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2009 November 24, 10:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far works brilliantly except for the 1am crashing to desktop bit.

ETA:  I enabled AwesomeStory and now it continues happily after 0:59am.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 24, 12:15:37 by Starstryder » Logged
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: 2009 November 24, 11:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought this too.  However after my first adventure in France (in a new test game post-awesomemod installation) the same thing happened.  I had put back in my awesomeconfig which still had the auto save set and it had saved whilst in the tomb.  So I am thinking that if you save whilst in the travel hoods, the 'return to base camp' button reverts to 'return home' and your sim disappears.  Anyone care to test this?
I only get click to go home in all my games, I removed the AM and it really is supposed to say click to return to base camp.  The arrow should not revert, there is something wrong going on here.  The phone, the loss of sims, this is al bugged.  Last night I even tried using the laptop to return home and they just stay in the country, they never leave, even if their time has expired.  When they are not in the base camp, the arrow should always read click to return to base camp, it's in my game like that when I remove the AM and my sims are able to leave the country either ahead of schedule or when their time is up, alive.  Wink

btw, I am running with the awesome config also with the story progression turned off.  And I never used the Indie stone.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 24, 11:55:16 by Lady Moiraine » Logged

mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2009 November 24, 12:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought this too.  However after my first adventure in France (in a new test game post-awesomemod installation) the same thing happened.  I had put back in my awesomeconfig which still had the auto save set and it had saved whilst in the tomb.  So I am thinking that if you save whilst in the travel hoods, the 'return to base camp' button reverts to 'return home' and your sim disappears.  Anyone care to test this?
I only get click to go home in all my games, I removed the AM and it really is supposed to say click to return to base camp.  The arrow should not revert, there is something wrong going on here.  The phone, the loss of sims, this is al bugged.  Last night I even tried using the laptop to return home and they just stay in the country, they never leave, even if their time has expired.  When they are not in the base camp, the arrow should always read click to return to base camp, it's in my game like that when I remove the AM and my sims are able to leave the country either ahead of schedule or when their time is up, alive.  Wink

btw, I am running with the awesome config also with the story progression turned off.  And I never used the Indie stone.

Just to clarify, you are having the same problems with awesomemod removed from your game?  Does this happen even if you don't save during the vacation?  My game was fine, with respect to this issue, when I was running no awesomemod and unpatched WA, I shall try running no awesomemod and the patched WA to see if it makes any difference.
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2009 November 24, 12:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having a problem with fixall not clearing phantom butts? I have a few around town, but I'm not getting the popup that says it did anything. AM is the 11/23 5:39PM version.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2009 November 24, 12:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're not getting any messages, then how do you know you have phantom butts?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2009 November 24, 12:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Storymode popups. I'm getting things like "Initializing romance preferences for Linda", only instead of a picture of Linda, I get that triangle caution sign looking thing.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2009 November 24, 13:21:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something's really wonky in my game with this in it. I'm on a vacation in France and got the first adventure, to report to the general store manager. I get there and report and they converse but then it just drops out of the queue and nothing happens. I figured that may be a EAxis bug so I canceled the adventure and tried the next one which was some old lady wanting to get drunk off good nectar. I went and found a bottle and offered it to her but got the same result.

In addition to that, this sims need bars are frozen and I run him through reset sim and he zaps back to the base camp and his motives lower to the other sim levels I have with me (theirs seems to be moving) - where they should be, but they freeze again. I can't get any sims with me to make their bars rise even if they are falling on their own. For example, they go to the toilet and pretend they are going to use it, then it just drops out of queue.

Another thing, every sim I meet is starting out with 25 relationship points, are the french just overly friendly or is this more weirdness?

And it just crashed to desktop as soon as the sim rolled some wish tied to the guy I was suppose to report to.

I'm in France on an opportunity from the business career, "The French Connection", where I need to discuss ventures with the "Local Merchant" but I can't find one called that. I've conversed with all the merchants I can find and none of them have a blaring obvious option to complete that opportunity. There's nothing marked on the map either. Perhaps its tied to the above weirdness. Anyone else?

Are you sure the business career opportunity actually needs you to go to France?  Maybe your meant to talk to the "Local Merchant" in your base neighbourhood.

I'm sure. The text reads: "The French Connection - Go to France. ~ Management is looking to invest and grow the company in other locations. You have been asked to travel to Champs Les Sims to meet with the local merchant and discuss possible ventures.".
« Last Edit: 2009 November 24, 13:35:22 by Chain_Reaction » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2009 November 24, 13:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm in France on an opportunity from the business career, "The French Connection", where I need to discuss ventures with the "Local Merchant" but I can't find one called that. I've conversed with all the merchants I can find and none of them have a blaring obvious option to complete that opportunity. There's nothing marked on the map either. Perhaps its tied to the above weirdness. Anyone else?

Are you sure the business career opportunity actually needs you to go to France?  Maybe your meant to talk to the "Local Merchant" in your base neighbourhood.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
randomnade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2009 November 24, 13:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just reinstalled my game and updated patches to only 1.4.6. Seems new awesomemod file doesnt work with it either. wth i cant even play on 1.4.6 let alone 1.7 using the new awesomemod file.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2009 November 24, 13:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just reinstalled my game and updated patches to only 1.4.6. Seems new awesomemod file doesnt work with it either. wth i cant even play on 1.4.6 let alone 1.7 using the new awesomemod file.

Where did you download AM from.  The download page version should be compatible with the 1.4 patch, if you downloaded the Beta test version, you have downloaded the 1.7/WA version.

Once the bugs and glitches have been worked out of the 1.7/WA version, Pescado will then link it to the main download link, and update the thread to indicate that this has occurred.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 24, 13:44:26 by wizard_merlin » Logged

randomnade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2009 November 24, 13:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i got it from the normal page http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15185.0.html

I just really want to play asap. :\
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: 2009 November 24, 14:06:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to clarify, you are having the same problems with awesomemod removed from your game?  Does this happen even if you don't save during the vacation?  My game was fine, with respect to this issue, when I was running no awesomemod and unpatched WA, I shall try running no awesomemod and the patched WA to see if it makes any difference.
Oh no, the arrows work fine with the awesomemod removed.  My sims come and go I have had a sim visit each country and return home safely without the AM installled.  They click to go to base camp when they are in the country, then they can either use the phone or computer to return home back to the hood.  The AM is what is causing the problems with going home.  My game is fully patched.

Homestar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2009 November 24, 14:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got a FSE trying to travel to china, but it's letting me keep playing after I clicked the check mark.

Edit: The game is now stuck on the loading screen for China.

* Error.rar (87.29 KB - downloaded 274 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 November 24, 14:46:10 by Homestar » Logged
Augustv
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2009 November 24, 14:50:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just the other day I sent my guy to Egypt for a second time.  A friend of his there had died of old age prior to that, but when he appeared at the base he had a negative moodlet of witnessing death, his LAST NAME was changed to the one person's last name AND he'd gained an adult daughter with a woman I'm not sure he even really knew that well...  And even the 'daughter's' half-sibling was in his relationship panel.
I had basically the exact same problem the other day. I sent my girl to Egypt with her daughter because her dad was from Egypt but when I got there she was heartbroken from witnessing death of some old random guy. I was looking through relationships to see if he was still there via bugs when I saw a teenage boy with the family icon. 'Son'. The old guy I saw in family tree had taken my last name and now I had this almost full grown son, in Egypt no less.

I guess Egypt is full of body snatchers!  Beware of Egypt!

lol that's the strangest bug I've seen so far.
cefwyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2009 November 24, 15:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's possible that that is one of those quests which doesn't brink up any of the gold interactions like when you have an option to go turn in a quest and instead you just have to do a specific social interaction with a number of sims. One of the quests I've done involves solving riddles and all you do is walk up to a sim and choose the option "Solve a riddle" which doesn't really show up as anything special except for the fact that you don't usually have that interaction, and then after you've talked to a certain number of sims with that interaction the quest just completes itself. Not sure if it's the same thing as you say there's no glaringly obvious option (I would consider a new interaction glaringly obvious), but perhaps your only looking for the highlighted quest buttons and just missed it?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2009 November 24, 15:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I identified the cause of the base camp/go home bug. However, based on the *FIX* I applied to it...it doesn't seem like AwesomeMod could have been the cause, because I found what appears to have been causing it, and the unaltered code WAS what was causing it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2009 November 24, 15:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I identified the cause of the base camp/go home bug. However, based on the *FIX* I applied to it...it doesn't seem like AwesomeMod could have been the cause, because I found what appears to have been causing it, and the unaltered code WAS what was causing it.

Another EAxis bug fixed by yourself.  Seems like a nasty bug for EAxis to miss, but then again, I am not surprised, given their track record with EP's and Patches.  Guess we will probably see another EAxis patch soon, hopefully not one that will affect AM.

I guess with so many people not trying WA until AM was available, that particular bug wasn't seen before.  I know I hadn't saved from a vacation neighbourhood while playing pre AM, so hadn't seen the bug.

anthonyfatale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2009 November 24, 15:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else trying this on a mac? Were preliminary testings done on macs? I don't kner why this isn't werking.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2009 November 24, 15:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if it's an EAxis bug or not...all I know is that the function I know *WAS* causing it was doing so as part of an EAxian routine I altered to make it stop. Someone needs to verify if it's an Eaxis bug.

avitous
Tasty Tourist

Blond and proud. (Reader: Beware)

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2009 November 24, 15:51:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

**Also, I noticed the no-mosaic isn't constant. The mosaic appeared when she used the toilet, but there are no mosaic entering the shower.

If you are using AM to remove the censor blur, then this is normal behaviour, and RTFM.  

If you are using a different no mosaic mod, and there are a few available, then it may be the mod, and there are reports some of the no mosaic mods didn't work right with 1.7/WA, in which case try a different mod.  I use a different mod, which also removes the blur when using the toilet, and I haven't had a problem with it.

No other mod, and I apologize, I re-read the file. -_-; Seems I can read anything 20 times and still find something new the next time. Patch day on WoW was fun like that.

Eh? You'll have to speak up, I'm blind and blond.
(1998 = 6 years old? 1988 = 18 years old? WTF?)
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2009 November 24, 17:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Running WA fully patched with no CC other than Awesome (and no config file). Only problems I have had thus far:

Delivering relics - The quest givers do not respond to my queue to deliver the relic. They remain stuck in front of their home lot. I commanded a resetsim on their persons though and this fixes the problem temporarily.

No sims to be found in public vacation areas - NoCommunitystalkerswarm is false in setconfig, so where is everyone? Is there just not very many people in the towns?

IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2009 November 24, 17:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No sims to be found in public vacation areas - NoCommunitystalkerswarm is false in setconfig, so where is everyone? Is there just not very many people in the towns?
This is not Awesome Mod's issue. It's an EAxis issue. I found that only in the martial arts academy in China that other sims appeared. Other than that, the rest of the town was a ghost town except for the base camp between 1am and 8am.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2009 November 24, 18:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A very minor issue at this point, but: I have a Sim who chose to run along the side of the road for over an hour instead of using the police car in her inventory when I told her to "go here" in map view. Sims are not making the most logical choice. (I have 1.7.9 and AM without any cc or WA.) NOTE: That was yesterday, so I really should retest again today.
geminibebe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2009 November 24, 18:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally got the mismatch core problem solved. My game is loading fine without crashing...BUT when I load my family home everythng in the game is red except for their home. Does anyone else have this problem or have a suggestion on how to fix it? I don't have WA and my game is up to date.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: