More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 15:42:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I hate asking questions about modding, I want to look like I know everything...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I hate asking questions about modding, I want to look like I know everything...  (Read 6361 times)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
I hate asking questions about modding, I want to look like I know everything...
« on: 2006 January 19, 14:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are so many guides, and they all start on the bottom, and this is a question that is probably real simple, but since I know a lot of the advanced stuff already it's going to make my brain explode if I have to read all the newbie guides from scratch...

What am I doing wrong when I can't get my own catalog description to show on cloned objects?
Everything else is showing just fine; the texture, the functions, the price... Just not the catalog description; it shows as the original object.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: I hate asking questions about modding, I want to look like I know everything...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 19, 14:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please tell me it isn't as simple as clicking the "default language only" button.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: I hate asking questions about modding, I want to look like I know everything...
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 19, 14:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was.  Embarrassed  Don't you just love finding the answer to your problem two minutes after you've let go of your pride and asked?

Feel free to poke fun at me now.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 19, 14:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*g* I made that mistake with my first (and only released) mod. Many people apparently do so: since I play with the en_uk locale I often come across downloads with wrong text.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 19, 15:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At least I proved that I do know everything.  It just talkes me a while to find out that I do.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 19, 15:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a lot of downloaded content that doesn't have the right description in my game since I'm playing (I think), the UK English version. It's slightly annoying. Getting the right description with older versions of SimPE was more complicated, at least now it's only about clicking that one button.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 19, 15:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, if anyone wants to see the fruit of my labour:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=990611

I would have uploaded it here, but apparently there's no room.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 19, 16:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woot! very nice! ty ty

Now we need one for the bubble-blower *hint hint*   Wink Grin

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 19, 17:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now we need one for the bubble-blower *hint hint*   Wink Grin

Bubbleblower painting uploaded.
I couldn't find the darned thing in SimPe, so I had to sneak a peak at someone's cloned bubbleblower, and then do some testing to check that I actually had the correct want.

I'm very proud of this idea, in all it's simplicity.  Cheesy

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 19, 17:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was so wanting a solution for this I can't thank you enough.  It was driving me nuts Tongue

I can't see it up yet, guessing it takes some time for them to upload it?

Thanks again  Grin

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 19, 17:23:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm definitely liking this idea! I will download then tonight!

I don't think I could survive 4 months without a computer, 4 days would be pushing it!
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 19, 17:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I could survive 4 months without a computer, 4 days would be pushing it!

I will have a computer.  Just not the computer.  I'm bringing a laptop, but it's far from powerful enough for the Sims 2.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 19, 18:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still sound painful! Well the only good thing I can say is you should be reunited with THE computer about the same time JMP gets OFB awesomized!
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 19, 18:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still sound painful! Well the only good thing I can say is you should be reunited with THE computer about the same time JMP gets OFB awesomized!

That's pretty much what I've been telling myself.  I won't have to endure the first couple of hectic days of hectic OFB cleanup.  By the time I get home (June 5th) people will have figured which hacks are compatible, and there will be fixes available for the worst annoyances.
I might even be cured for my sim addiction.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
Re: I hate asking questions about modding, I want to look like I know everything
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 19, 20:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, great idea!!!!

Just yesterday I downloaded your "gold dartboard" - that's going to work great. I'm sorry but the bowling alleys just won't work with the decor in my Fortune Sims' homes.

I'll have to give this a try, novel idea. Yes sometimes they just don't have the room for a drum kit!

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 19, 20:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a bowling allery painting as well while I was at it: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2760.0  (and also available at MTS2)
It basically does the same thing as the golden dartboard, but takes up even less space.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 19, 22:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gwill, those are awesome, thanks this is great.  Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: