More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 22:36:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Some of my Townies get blue when the do a walkby even with Outerwear.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Some of my Townies get blue when the do a walkby even with Outerwear.  (Read 3419 times)
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Some of my Townies get blue when the do a walkby even with Outerwear.
« on: 2007 October 27, 17:38:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today i was wondering about my game freezing some seconds and looked around the Lot.
Something strange happens lately in my Game Townies make a walkby are proper dressed for the current Weather, get cold and turn blue. If i make them selectable it tooks a while to get them normal again. Anyone here have a clue why it could be ?
I have only Awesome hacks and some from Dizzy nothing Clothing related.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Some of my Townies get blue when the do a walkby even with Outerwear.
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 27, 18:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Outerwear is totally ineffective. It does nothing to prevent freezing.

The reason this happens is because "temperature", rather than using one of the many "motive" lots, is assigned to a persondata attribute. Therefore, it tends to be "sticky" across lots. Thus, anytime a townie walks by on a lot that is cold, he will lose temperature, but this value is never reset, so the next time he shows up on another cold lot, he will continue to lose temperature. This process continues until he loses enough to turn blue. The process can only be reversed if somewhere, the townie receives heat. If your neighborhood has a long cold streak, perhaps because you have many families all of which are simultaneously in winter mode, and the townies show up a lot to be cold, they will get increasingly more cold until they turn blue.

This is therefore harmless and not a "bug" per-se.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 27, 18:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok will play on summer lots between the could ones. Thanks.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 27, 20:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they are your own townies rather than originals, you could invite them into your house and let them help themselves to hot chocolate.  But if it's Kumai, I'd let him freeze!

Zephyr Zodiac
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 November 07, 10:48:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Townies are made with Nailati Faces so i help them with Merolas mirror to get in the Green with showers or other actions.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 November 07, 11:36:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have Insim, you can spawn the health adjuster and use that to set the temperatures of any walkbys. 

I'm playing Apocalypse again, and when I play the spares' households I don't follow Apocalypse rules.  Before I lifted the Music restriction, the perpetual winter caused the same problem in my game, including a townie falling over in the snow (presumably to freeze to death).  I put the health adjuster in my spares' households, so that any blue townies walking by could be put back to comfortable temperature range.  I didn't want a townie dying while walking by on the main lot - so far it's grave free, and I want to keep it that way until I lift Paranormal.  Slightly cheaty, I guess, or it could be viewed as dealing with an EAxis glitch.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 November 07, 22:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your playable sims can also pull a hairdryer from their butts and unfreeze the townie. Shocked

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: