More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 17:35:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  FT and super fertility
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FT and super fertility  (Read 18557 times)
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
FT and super fertility
« on: 2008 June 08, 19:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing with FT installed and thought that I'd try out the super fertility lifetime aspiration benefit with a couple of family sims. I gave both of them the 'benefit' and played a few pregnancies out of curiosity and it looks like EAxis have implemented it in a slightly arse about face way. I've got ACR installed so I can track the progression of each pregnancy.

Pregnancy no1 - single conception, twins birth (WTF? At this point I started paying more attention to the pregnancy stats.)
Pregnancy no2 - single conception, single birth
Pregnancy no3 - single conception, single birth
Pregnancy no4 - single conception, twin birth (pregnancy switched from single to twins at second? stomach pop)
Pregnancy no5 - single conception, single birth
Pregnancy no6 - single conception, twins birth (pregnancy switched from single to twins at first stomach pop)

So it looks like EAxis are rerolling the twins odds at each stomach pop. My overall odds may be slightly higher due to twins and triplets being installed, but I'm going with the original chances which I believe are game default (not the mod overrides).

Is this consistent with others people's experiences so far?

geekgirl
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: FT and super fertility
« Reply #1 on: 2008 June 08, 22:31:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would explain why out of 16 conceptions to family aspiration sims, I got 0 twins at conception. I just assumed it was broken and fed everyone with that reward cheesecake...

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 June 09, 00:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't been keeping track of the stats at each pop, but I've had a deluge of twins. I have ACR set to 8% twin odds. Only one sim used the LTA twin benefit.

Of course, it could just be my RAMZ.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 June 09, 01:13:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems reasonable enough to me. I mean, that sort of thing happens in real life, too. But again, it seems like a totally useless perk, given that the ability to have twins on demand already exists, and basically, all the Family perks above level 2 are totally and completely worthless, meaning there is no reason now to ever choose it as anything other than a secondary.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 June 09, 02:32:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...basically, all the Family perks above level 2 are totally and completely worthless...

Hell, try level one. Comfort soup? The hell? Given that odds are they're going to sit down to eat it they're about to get themselves come 'comfort' anyway. It would only really impress me if it imparted comfort when you threw it onto a sim ("Ah! I am warm and soaking wet! But oddly comfortable..."). I just fail to see how it's much of a benefit item. Sure, a sim might be really uncomfortable after gardening for hours, but... just go sit down a minute! There are so many more benefits that could actually *benefit* a Fam sim. I mean, increased odds of getting a runaway teen or pet back, slower relationship decay with immediate and/or extended family, quicker potty training/teach to study, allow families to grow past 8 sims on the lot... but no, food that makes you feel like you're sitting down while you're sitting down to eat it? Meh, not impressed.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
geekgirl
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 June 09, 02:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It also cures disease, so it's useful if your sets of twins all decide to bring home the flu from school and cough on you.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 June 09, 03:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hell, try level one. Comfort soup? The hell? Given that odds are they're going to sit down to eat it they're about to get themselves come 'comfort' anyway. It would only really impress me if it imparted comfort when you threw it onto a sim ("Ah! I am warm and soaking wet! But oddly comfortable..."). I just fail to see how it's much of a benefit item.
Well, the benefit for it is low, but it *DOES* exist: It cures the plague, which is the IMPORTANT part. I believe it will ALSO cure the morning sickness, since it is also implemented as the plague. More importantly, it's a level 1 perk. Does anyone seriously expect a level 1 item to be THAT good? The fact that it *DOES* produce a meaningful, tangible benefit is enough as it is! The level 2 perk, a motive-decay-reducer, well, they're not the most IMPORTANT motives, but you can never go wrong with that.

Level 3 and level 4, though....totally and utterly worthless. There are far better, more reliable, more controllable ways to achieve twins, and if you manage to get the SS to actually appear, you

Since the level 4 perk is what defines validity as a primary aspiration (LTWs and normal wants count equally for both primary and secondary without differentiation), and the Family level 3/4 perks are totally worthless, there is no reason to EVER choose it as a primary now. Especially since family primary ALSO gives that annoying screaming-by-mailbox-on-return-from-work thing!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 June 09, 03:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if you manage to get the SS to actually appear, you <fail>
I had the SS show up this week. I overestimated the amount of time she would let go by with children unattended in the house. There were three kids come back from school at 3PM and the first parent was to be back at 5PM.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 June 09, 03:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And again, that does not make the perk useful, because if the SS shows up for THAT reason, you're NOT AROUND TO ACTUALLY USE IT. Still useless.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 June 09, 04:17:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Curing the plague? Well, hell yeah, that's a tangible benefit - especially if it also cures the pregyak. Still wanna see sims fling it at each other, though. Sad and tragic lack of food fight in this game.

Maybe pissy housemates could fling their soup when they flounce off to find a new place to live.  Grin

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 June 09, 04:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There were three kids come back from school at 3PM and the first parent was to be back at 5PM.

I got away with an hour overunderlap yesterday, maybe an hour is max?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 June 09, 05:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I frequently have that hour's gap (kids home @ 3, parent home @ 4) with no problems. The popup about not leaving your kids home alone does come up, but it's right before the parent gets home.

keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 June 09, 06:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can leave my sim babies home alone for hours. When the adult leaves, I will get a pop-up that says I shouldn't leave the kids home alone and that I need a babysitter with the option to click "nevermind" or "I need a babysitter". I click "nevermind" and the adult just goes to work and leaves the kids.  I don't get the social worker.  It seems that I have some hack that is allowing this, but, after looking through my hack folders it's not obvious which one it is.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 June 09, 07:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually had a chance to use "plead with social worker" on one occasion.
The baby controller hiccuped and left a toddler sitting all by itself in a corner in social desperation, while I wasn't paying attention.
Lucky for me it worked, or I would have failed the apocalypse challenge right there.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 June 09, 07:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can leave my sim babies home alone for hours. When the adult leaves, I will get a pop-up that says I shouldn't leave the kids home alone and that I need a babysitter with the option to click "nevermind" or "I need a babysitter". I click "nevermind" and the adult just goes to work and leaves the kids.  I don't get the social worker.  It seems that I have some hack that is allowing this, but, after looking through my hack folders it's not obvious which one it is.
SShack pops up that dialog, but you're only allowed to leave children unattended. Toddlers and babies use the original rules. However, the override lets you force them to go to work anyway if someone would return right away within a few minutes of you leaving, or a nanny, or what-have-you, without being stuck unable to leave because for some reason you can't be gone for all of 5 minutes.

keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 June 09, 07:35:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have SShack.  I have only noticed being able to leave babies, toddlers and children for hours in one lot.  I will have to check another one to see if they can be left alone without a social worker showing up.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 June 09, 07:36:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Children can also ring for the nanny themselves if the adult - or god - forgets, I discovered the other day.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 June 09, 11:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have SShack.  I have only noticed being able to leave babies, toddlers and children for hours in one lot.  I will have to check another one to see if they can be left alone without a social worker showing up.

Maybe ChildrenCanStayAlone by XPTL from the Insimenator site?

Dive in!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 June 09, 11:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Children can also ring for the nanny themselves if the adult - or god - forgets, I discovered the other day.

Yeah, or if daddy gets abducted by aliens for the umpteenth time... Roll Eyes

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 June 09, 15:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I just don't use nannies as a general rule. If the lot had had a car, I would have just had the mom wait an hour and leave then. But they don't, they are still pretty poor. Nice house, but no disposable income. She's at her ordained career level, just was out of vacation days, and there were just two days left when there wouldn't be a teen in the house. I'd saved before I told her to go anyway, so no harm done.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
MadameUgly
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 June 09, 15:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can get some entertaining glitchiness from a race between aliens and social workers.  I once had a social worker on the lot (about to snag the toddler) RIGHT as her father was coming back from his abduction.  The toddler poofed away in a bright light and then RETURNED.  The social worker just got in her van and beat the hell out of there.  (that toddler later went on to become Soylent Vu, the Messiah of cult called Saturn's Nine).

Want decent sim stories?  Go forth and read: http://madame-ugly.livejournal.com/
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 June 09, 17:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Parents home alone with the kid should not do "irresponsible" things like look into a telescope.  What happens if the parent puts the kidlets to bed and then goes jogging?  That would be, IRL, much more irresponsible.  Perhaps I should try this.

* jolrei has never yet seen the social worker in any 'hood.

Tribulatio proxima est
awrevell
Blathering Buffoon

Old School Charm

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 June 09, 18:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time I have seen the SS was when I did a Poe and convinced some poor shmuck to visit the celler for a cask of Amontillado.  His poor offspring soiled themselves in their toddler bed and the Waffen SS came to take them to a forced relocation camp.  Mommy came home and was so distraught and commited suicide.  Eventually the toddler was taken in by a nice family though.

C++ is designed to allow you to express ideas, but if you don't have ideas, or don't have any clue about how to express them, C++ doesn't offer much help.  - Bjarne Stroustrup
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 June 10, 03:42:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the benefit for it is low, but it *DOES* exist: It cures the plague, which is the IMPORTANT part.

Not much of a perk.  I've never had a sim die from illness.  If a sim gets sick I put them to work training body, dance, or badges and then wait for the recovery message.  It would be more of a perk if badly cooked comfort soup could backfire and make the illness worse.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2008 June 10, 05:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macro>eat and all my family sims cook is comfort soup Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »