More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 23:21:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Removing kids from adoption pool?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Removing kids from adoption pool?  (Read 9470 times)
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
Removing kids from adoption pool?
« on: 2005 July 28, 15:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this possible? I had a couple of kids taken by the social worker in a neighborhood I'm using for a challenge, and I don't want them going to another family. Is there a (safe and hopefully dummy-proof) way to remove these kids from the adoption pool, or at least move them to the bottom of the queue?

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Removing kids from adoption pool?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 28, 15:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, other than adopting them outright? No, nothing really simple and dummy-proof. You can try manipulating the list in SimPE if you want, but I've never attempted any such thing, so I have no idea what effect this would have.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 28, 15:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you haven't attempted it, I am certainly not about to  Shocked Maybe the organizers will allow me to get them adopted and have the whole family meet with a bizarre boolprop accident...

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 28, 21:27:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the challenge involve adoption?  If so, then whatever age the kids are, don't adopt that age group.

Zephyr Zodiac
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 28, 22:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, you can adopt and I plan to, but I'm just starting the second generation and I have to go to five, and at some point I might decide I'd rather adopt a child instead of a baby or toddler. I already have one Sim who wants to marry off six kids and raising six from babies will take too long. Tongue

Jen

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 28, 23:18:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, try for quads!

Zephyr Zodiac
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 29, 06:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I presume Simpe has some things you can do like change their family number to 0.  Then they will be in the holding family with the dead people and the game won't use them for anything.

Or if you want to do it in game, start a childrens' home by making a carer adult sim and moving them into a lot.  Use the teleporter plus (or one of the debug cheats) to move the unwanted kids into that lot, and just leave them there unplayed.   But of course that way you might see them on community lots and things like that.   Don't give them a phone or you will get calls from them.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 29, 11:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also turn them into elders - they'll still wander round the town, but they won't be adoptable!

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 29, 11:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or if you want to do it in game, start a childrens' home by making a carer adult sim and moving them into a lot.  Use the teleporter plus (or one of the debug cheats) to move the unwanted kids into that lot, and just leave them there unplayed.   But of course that way you might see them on community lots and things like that.   Don't give them a phone or you will get calls from them.

A sim orphanage? Now that's and idea. I have to mess around with that. If I want a kid adopted out of this orphanage, I just use the teleporter shrub to summon the specific kid to the sim-house and use the move-in option, right? I know this will not make them a member of the family, or fulfill the adoption want, but it will still add a child to a childless household.

I don't really care about how maxis assign family ties, if I put someone into a family this pixel person becomes a member of the family as far as my play is concerned. I know there is most likely a way to add someone to a family via SimPe, but...ahem.

And as far as want-fulfillment goes, I stop paying attention to them as soon as they hit permaplat and have enough asp's to last their life-time. Bippy has found that you can even use a ghost's left-over asp's with merola's mirror, which I, for some twisted reason, find hilarious. I play mostly knowledge sims who are very easy to keep happy. They are most devoted to each other and their children, so I just keep that in mind, and thus I usually fulfill their wants without having to look at the panel at all. Especially with JM's mod that nixed the unexplainable flirt wants that used to pop up in my knowledge sims.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 29, 11:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adding them to the family is relatively easy, but getting them to appear in the family tree is harder, and I've never tried it!

Zephyr Zodiac
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 29, 11:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quads?! Are you trying to give me a nervous breakdown? Twin toddlers are bad enough.

Teleporter shrub...I like the sound of this. That could be just the ticket. Is that an Inge hack?

Jen

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 29, 11:58:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quads?! Are you trying to give me a nervous breakdown? Twin toddlers are bad enough.

Teleporter shrub...I like the sound of this. That could be just the ticket. Is that an Inge hack?

Jen

It is indeed, to be found, along with many other goodies, at simlogical.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 29, 12:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought that sounded like her style  Grin I'll have to nab that one when I get off work tonight. Whee! Teleport in, boolprop out. Oh, can I boolprop visitors into oblivion or do I have to move them in first? Can kids even be killed with boolprop? Huh I've only killed a Sim with boolprop once, I usually opt for the doorless room approach.

Jen

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 July 29, 12:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adding them to the family is relatively easy, but getting them to appear in the family tree is harder, and I've never tried it!

I did reconstruct an entire family tree when I had to wipe my Pleasantview and start over.  I had made my entire family and even my own house (with photos of my wallpaper and everything) and ended up with tons of bugs (didn't know about JM at that time) and had to start over.  I did know about SimPE and managed to extract my family before I wiped the neighborhood.  Then, I went in and at first I only used one person of a relationship, i.e. Matthew is the "son" of "Christine" and hit the big commit button.  That didn't work.  When I went back in, the relationships were gone again.  Then I realized you have to hit the smaller "commit relations" button FIRST before hitting the commit button.  Also, I had to go into both parties and assign relationships.  So "Matthew" is the "son" of "Christine" and "Christine" is the "Parent" of "Matthew".  Once I had done all that, voila!  The family tree appeared intact.  The only problem in in-laws, which I wasn't sure how to do, so I just assigned them as family with unknown ties.

I'm not a hacker or a modder, and this was easy for me to do with a minor amount of learning curve. 

Chris

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 July 29, 12:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The teleporter plus has the ability to move a family member out to  become a townie, and to put a child up for adoption.  To adopt a child *into* the current family, you summon them onto the lot (normal teleport mode), then move them into the house (they become a resident but not a relative) then adopt them as a family member if you wish.  They don't lose the memory of their real parents.

If you just move them into the orphanage, they will still be part of the birth parents' family tree, but living elsewhere.  If you are ready to give them a new family, then I advise putting the child up for adoption from the orphanage, and then adopting through social services in the normal way.

Just a warning - when you first adopt a child with the teleporter, they may not show in the family relationships panel for a while.  They will appear in the panel of each family member at the time of their first interaction with them.   The family tree may be built properly when you save and reenter the lot - ie it's a display update quirk rather than anything else.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 July 29, 12:36:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad you posted here again, Inge. I'm not worried about family trees, I intend to kill the kids off as soon as I get them under my control again. I want to remove them permanently from the neighborhood...taken by the social worker and never seen again.

I was at your site a minute ago and saw your teleporters. The teleporter plus is exactly what I need! But I saw your warning about damage caused to other families Shocked What sort of damage are we talking about, and to what extent?

Jen

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 July 31, 10:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it seems I still have the caution pitched wrong Smiley  It just is trying to say that if you move a child into the family you are playing, he won't still be in the other family, so you need to think of the effect it would have on the other family, if for some reason you would have wanted to still play them like they were.   Or - what happens if you move out all of a family to other families, then the house is sitting there empty and no one can get the money from it.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 July 31, 10:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad you posted here again, Inge. I'm not worried about family trees, I intend to kill the kids off as soon as I get them under my control again. I want to remove them permanently from the neighborhood...taken by the social worker and never seen again.
If you just want to get rid of them forever, give them the death token. They will then be considered "dead".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: