More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 15:03:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Why dont you leave that fragging telescope alone during daylight???
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why dont you leave that fragging telescope alone during daylight???  (Read 5144 times)
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
Why dont you leave that fragging telescope alone during daylight???
« on: 2005 August 03, 21:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seing as how my sims have this inbred ability to figure out precisely where I have hidden the telescope during the daylight hours, I was kinda hoping someone around here (nodge nodge J M) might know of a hack that denies them acces to it while they can't stargaze with it.

Would that be possible? And how many pairs of lips would you want as offering?

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Why dont you leave that fragging telescope alone during daylight???
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 03, 22:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just love it when Mortimer comes raging in and shoves them!  And they never learn!

Zephyr Zodiac
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 03, 22:20:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Free will off always does the trick for me. Power Idle never makes them do stupid stuff like that.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 04, 00:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The other thing you might want to try is Authorized Personnel Only's "Deny Autonomous" ability. Since the telescope is an autonomous action, if the room that houses it, or the only room leading to it, is set to deniy autonomous and lock, the door will not open if a sim does not go there in accordance with your orders.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 04, 02:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seing as how my sims have this inbred ability to figure out precisely where I have hidden the telescope during the daylight hours, I was kinda hoping someone around here (nodge nodge J M) might know of a hack that denies them acces to it while they can't stargaze with it.

Would that be possible? And how many pairs of lips would you want as offering?

TwoJeffs has a no-shoving hack over at VS. At least then you don't have to worry and can just let them do it. Their logic still goes up in the daytime, so it isn't a completely worthless activity. Me, I like the shoving. Good enemy fodder.  Cheesy
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 04, 02:36:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. I once had a neighborhood where I made the first sim a sort of ready-made enemy maker. He was very grouchy, and liked to spy on people with the telescope. He also wore a red kilt and a viking hat. Harvey Dent was his name, and he had a popularity sim brother named Scooter. Made Scooter's life miserable, attacking people at parties.

He ended up getting abducted several times, (I have TwoJeffs alien abduction probability hack.) and later moved onto a lot with a ghost of Hitler, who was very upset because someone had cleaned up his favorite punch cup.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 04, 02:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. I once had a neighborhood where I made the first sim a sort of ready-made enemy maker. He was very grouchy, and liked to spy on people with the telescope. He also wore a red kilt and a viking hat. Harvey Dent was his name, and he had a popularity sim brother named Scooter. Made Scooter's life miserable, attacking people at parties.

He ended up getting abducted several times, (I have TwoJeffs alien abduction probability hack.) and later moved onto a lot with a ghost of Hitler, who was very upset because someone had cleaned up his favorite punch cup.

One of these days I just got to read your stories Oddysey.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: