More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 12:12:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  College Mathematics Class Problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: College Mathematics Class Problem  (Read 7264 times)
Saline
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
College Mathematics Class Problem
« on: 2006 November 18, 22:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim in the Mathematics course. Her first semester class hours are stated 1pm to 3pm. Perfectly normal sim hours for a class.

At 12:00 am in the morning, though, I get a message that she has an hour to get to class (which would mean class at 1am). I wouldn't have a major problem with this if she had gotten back by 3:00am...BUT she stayed out until 3pm, coming home with her mood depleted. I tried to get her back using the ffslotdebugger, but nothing doing.

She lives in a dorm I moved in from the houses bin (it's a maxis dorm, so it MUST be bugless (note sarcasm)). Her dormmate has the Poli-Sci major, but he has no problems.

Did I break it?

-Chris
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: College Mathematics Class Problem
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 18, 22:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try letting it go through another 24 hours and see if she thinks her class is at 1am or 1pm the next day.

I've heard of this glitch before (prePets) but never had it myself.

One person that told me about it only has base game plus Uni.

Saline
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 18, 22:49:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did. She went to class at 1am again.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 18, 22:51:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try moving her to another dorm or house and back again?
Saline
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 18, 23:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved her into a dorm where I previously had students. She didn't go to school at 12:00pm (she didn't go when she's supposed to).
« Last Edit: 2006 November 18, 23:18:45 by Saline » Logged
Saline
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 18, 23:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should also mention that I have all EPs and the Glamour Life Stuff pack.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 18, 23:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a glitch today when a sim had to go to class an hour before the 5 hour mark before her final. She didn't go on her own and when I sent her to class it said "go to final exam", she stayed away for 8 hours untill after her final was done. Maybe this is a related glitch?
Saline
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 19, 00:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*UPDATE*

I have changed her major to Physics, and nothing changed! She still gets the message to go at 12am! What kind of bug could she have that would have her go to class at 1am?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 19, 16:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that happen once, and if memory serves, I solved it by deleting the sim with moveobjects on, saving, and reloading the lot.  She was fine after that, though she lost any grade points she already had and couldn't do her term paper again (no option on the computer to do so), so I just put her on the macrotastics 'college rampage' to get back to where she was.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Saline
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 19, 21:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it appears that everything is fine again, so far. Once the first Final Exam rolled around, she and her roomie went at the same time and came back at the same time. The only problem was that she had reverted back to the beginning of her first semester (something I fixed with the CollegeAdjuster hack). She now goes to class on time and no longer gets the 12am "got to go to class" message. It seems to have fixed itself.

Thanks to Twojeffs for making the CollegeAdjuster and solving at least one of the problems I had!
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 25, 06:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's happened to me before exactly as you described it and a few other's too like Phyllisp. With us it only happened to the kids from Bluewater Village, namely Melody Tinker and Tessa Ramirez. Something with those sims seems broken. Once you get through the "pseudo-semester" they'll be fixed and continue on as normal students. I think Phyllisp graduated Melody with no problems. I played Melody up to the end of her Sophomore year. There's some other weirdness in the Bluewater sims that I didn't want to bite me in the end and I wanted to redo Pleasantview anyway so I reset the neighborhood. No more Maxis Bluewater Village for me, I'll use the template but I'll make my own sims for it.
Ndainye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 01, 01:06:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem yesterday with Melody Tinker, she was a brand new undeclared major freshman, when two of her dorm mates got the one hour call to go to class she never did, then at midnight she went to class and stayed until 5pm the next day with me dragging her bars back up.  I tried declaring major to biology but the only thing that did was let her come home from class at 11am rather than 5pm.  Moved her out and back in no change, deleted her no change.  If going to final resets it that's good news the only problem was that her final went on while she was at her midnight class, I got two popups telling me she missed her final but no end of the semester grade, and when she got home that day she was reset to a first semester freshman.  I used insim to give her back her A+ and reset her final for two hours then I moved the whole family out of the dorm and into a new one.  She was fine during her second semester.
Saline
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 03, 06:27:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem yesterday with Melody Tinker, she was a brand new undeclared major freshman, when two of her dorm mates got the one hour call to go to class she never did, then at midnight she went to class and stayed until 5pm the next day with me dragging her bars back up.  I tried declaring major to biology but the only thing that did was let her come home from class at 11am rather than 5pm.  Moved her out and back in no change, deleted her no change.  If going to final resets it that's good news the only problem was that her final went on while she was at her midnight class, I got two popups telling me she missed her final but no end of the semester grade, and when she got home that day she was reset to a first semester freshman.  I used insim to give her back her A+ and reset her final for two hours then I moved the whole family out of the dorm and into a new one.  She was fine during her second semester.

Melody Tinker was my bugged one too. Is there something wrong with her or something?
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 03, 17:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes there's something wrong with her. Maxis dropped the ball when it came to the Bluewater Village sims. Most of them have some mistakes in their character files that should have been quite obvious if they'd been paying attention. Melody & Tessa are both messed up with the first "pseudo-semester problem", Denise Jaquet has this fear of her DEAD husband cheating on her and if she becomes romantically involved with another sim then she gets a memory of cheating on him.  Undecided There's a female townie child who's marked in SimPE as an adult male, if you resurrect Ives Jaquet he has no asperation, no personality and is an adult in an elder's body. In SimPE Florence Delarosa's dead mother is marked as a man. The Maxoids must have been half asleep when working on these characters.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 04, 02:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Naturally... remember in S1, Mrs. Crumplebottom was a medium skinned man when she got naked?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 04, 09:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crumpy is (treated as) a man in TS2 as well, as is the hula zombie.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 12, 07:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Melody Tinker was my bugged one too. Is there something wrong with her or something?

Something is corrupting the person data for College Semester and College Info flags. If you set those values to normal values in SimPE, it also fixes this problem.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: