More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 04:10:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pets and Cars
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pets and Cars  (Read 14166 times)
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Pets and Cars
« on: 2006 October 21, 07:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why on earth can't a sim drive a pet to work the same way she drives kids to school ??
I found this stupid, really. When my sim's dog missed the car pool (too busy learning the command it needs to be promoted) I really would have like my sim to take her car, and drive it to work....
Maybe someone more awesome than me could do something about that ??
Pioupiou.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
Re: Pets and Cars
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 21, 07:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cars are completely FUBAR for me since installing pets.  None of my sims can get in them, let alone drive them.  And my game freezes for about 5 minutes when pets return in the carpool from their jobs.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 21, 08:01:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for your game, are all your hacks up to date ?
I was not complaining about a bug but about a non-feature....
For the freeze, does it happen each time or only when the pets are promoted ?? In my game it's only when they are promoted and I think it may have something to do with the creation of the code to unlock one of the stupid collars or fur colors...
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 21, 16:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for your game, are all your hacks up to date ?
I was not complaining about a bug but about a non-feature....
For the freeze, does it happen each time or only when the pets are promoted ?? In my game it's only when they are promoted and I think it may have something to do with the creation of the code to unlock one of the stupid collars or fur colors...

I have this problem too.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
KatanaFoxx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 21, 16:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same problem...it's probably the code creations.
LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 21, 16:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that problem where my sims couldn't get in the car or when they did they wouldn't go anywhere. Yet on another lot I was playing before that it worked no problem. So in the second lot I deleted the car and the driveway and used the object remover on every square the driveway occupied. Then I bought the driveway and car back and off my sim went to work. When I hop back into the game I'll test all my cars to see if it worked just because I used a different car (custom not maxis) I'll try using the one I was trying to use in the first place and see what happens.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 21, 19:05:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to disable the code creations? I have no intention of sharing codes, since someone else already has them all up on Wiki.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 21, 19:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that problem where my sims couldn't get in the car or when they did they wouldn't go anywhere. Yet on another lot I was playing before that it worked no problem. So in the second lot I deleted the car and the driveway and used the object remover on every square the driveway occupied. Then I bought the driveway and car back and off my sim went to work. When I hop back into the game I'll test all my cars to see if it worked just because I used a different car (custom not maxis) I'll try using the one I was trying to use in the first place and see what happens.

I've had that problem off and on since NL.  Wink Usually deleting the car and driveway solve it.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 21, 20:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't wait until the patch is out. lol

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
ganymede
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 25, 16:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had my Sim purchase a dog at the Community lot. He got into the car, but the dog could not. Kept appearing in his thought bubble, then disappearing. My Sim's motives remained unchanged, though I couldn't get him out of the car, while the dog's deteriorated. Finally, the game kicked the Sim home, where he went about his usual routine. I exited to the neighborhood, and then reentered the lot. The dog appeared in the family group pic, and was on the icons when I entered the lot, but nowhere to be found! My Sim didn't notice the missing pet, but the dog's motives were in the red on the icon. I exited, and haven't been back yet. Strange.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 25, 16:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is weird; haven't tried dogs and cars but did purchase a cat at Pepe's Pets.  The cat traveled with my Sim to Amelia's clothing store and Benny's Bot shop; just jumped out of the car at every stop and waited, then got back in. No issue with the drive home either.

Emma Avio has two standard poodles and I'm wondering if she can take both by car to the pet park or if, like walks, only one can go.  If so, that stinks.

Has anyone tried putting a pet in a Sim's inventory?

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 25, 17:31:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it says in the guide that pets can't ride in some cars 

course it didn't mention which cars they can't ride in Roll Eyes or atleast I haven't found that info yet
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 25, 18:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the guide actually said Pets can't ride in some carpools, I assumed they meant the helicopters, and maybe the hummers that the military career uses. 

On a related note, has anyone else seen a new little blue sports car pick up their pets?  The dog in question was in the entertainment career and I had never noticed that type of car before.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 25, 18:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the guide actually said Pets can't ride in some carpools, I assumed they meant the helicopters, and maybe the hummers that the military career uses. 

I just double checked, page 43 - bottom note

Pets can only get into certain vehicles, so if a pet and Sim leave at the same time, they'll go in the pet's assigned vehicle if the sims vehicle is inaccessible.

re-reading it I can see it probably is meant for carpools, guess I have gotten used to my sims having cars *laughs*
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 25, 18:41:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was going from memory myself (I'm at work and the guide is at home).  I just remember it was saying something about if the pet couldn't get into the humans carpool, the pet carpool would come for both the human and pet.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 25, 19:23:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Been away for a bit but just got the lovely cheapie EP for $15 at Circuit City (yay!).  Only problem that I can't seem to find a workaround for is that the danged carpool won't show up for the pet.  Is it another car fubar?  I deleted the Sim's car and driveway but that didn't fix it.  When 8am rolls around, nothing happens - no message, no carpool, zip.  Any ideas?

Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 25, 19:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the carpool show up for the Sims?  If it doesn't then maybe the portal issue is back.

And to add my two cents to everyone else, my game also freezes for an extended period of time when the pet comes home from his job.

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 25, 19:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sim's carpool does indeed show up.  Just not the poor lil doggie's.  :/

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 October 25, 20:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far the carpool arrives in my game for both human and pet sim.  Undecided There isn't a game freeze when the pet comes home either.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 October 25, 21:29:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game freeze only happens for me when the pets come home and get promoted and something gets "unlocked" (pet collar, weird fur color etc).

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 October 26, 06:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's logical, as it does another disk write and cache update.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 October 26, 07:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problem as starrling.  The school bus and human sims carpools come, but not the pet's carpool.  I haven't tried a different lot yet. 
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 October 26, 13:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far the carpool arrives in my game for both human and pet sim.  Undecided There isn't a game freeze when the pet comes home either.

same here, carpool works, no freeze, even when pet gets promoted and unlocks a code
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 October 26, 14:43:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problem as starrling.  The school bus and human sims carpools come, but not the pet's carpool.  I haven't tried a different lot yet. 

Hiya Rainbow!  I'm going to try one of the EA lots that came with the EP and see if that makes a diff because so far, I've tried 3 of my own and none of them worked.  I'll let you know.  grr.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 October 26, 16:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine were all EA lots since I am testing in the default Pleasantview, but I think it must be a hack because I took all hacks out and the carpool came.  So now I have to figure out which one it is.  Angry  I'll let you know, and if you find out, would you please do the same?  I'm working right now, so it'll be a while before I can do it.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: