More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 16:50:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I don't bloody credit this!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I don't bloody credit this!  (Read 13684 times)
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
I don't bloody credit this!
« on: 2006 September 30, 18:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only an hour or so ago I was whining to my husband that alien abductions NEVER happened on my computer. At the very same time I whinged that twins were all too common. I have a very nice PowerMac that seems to buck the twin odds and always has.
Anyway in mid-moan the other half says "What is that?" I look back at the screen and am buggered if an abduction cutscene isn't playing right there and then!
The resounding crash was my jaw hitting the desk.
Naturally the machine presented me with hideous alien twins.
I should just learn to keep my big mouth shut!

DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
Re: I don't bloody credit this!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 30, 18:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moral of the story: careful what you wish, you just might get it  Wink

Let the Beast inside you free!
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 30, 18:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quite so. Who needs hideous alien twins?

BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 30, 22:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do!  Grin Tongue

Then again, I had twins occur twice in a row, one of mothers happened to be an alien.  So now I have 2 homely looking girls, one that's green.   Roll Eyes

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 01, 07:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remember ladies, if you keep on having twins and no alien abductions blame your husband. Tongue

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 01, 15:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahem... there are some nice alien replacement skin and eyes out there, most are retro-active. Meaning they replace skin and eyes of aliens already born. Although it might not fix other facial issues, it could be a start. In my game, all aliens have Dylans replacement skin and eyes. Dylan's web-home for the sims is Laverwinkle, by the way. I'm pretty sure you can replace the bug-eyes only, if you want to keep the green skin.

There are other sites, such as the InSim site, that feature replacement skins, the same goes with MTS2. I just use Dylan's because he does wonderful work, and I trust him completely. However, always read the rtfm Cheesy

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 01, 17:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game, all aliens have Dylans replacement skin and eyes. Dylan's web-home for the sims is Laverwinkle, by the way. I'm pretty sure you can replace the bug-eyes only, if you want to keep the green skin.

Yes, you can -- I had Dylan's alien eyes in my game long before I settled on also using his alien skin. 

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 01, 19:54:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Veilchen, do you know if there's a way to use Dylan's alien *in addition* to other alien skins? I'm currently using Trey-Nutz's Junior Pollinator which I like, but I want more variety than just that. I'd love to be able to throw in some purple aliens too.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 01, 23:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know for sure, but here's a link to Laverwinkle. If there's no explanation in the actual "Dylan's Creations" forum, it can't hurt to ask. Although he might not be there all the time, he usually tries to help people as much as he can.

http://laverwinklesims.com/index.php

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 01, 23:50:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Christ on a frickin bike! Aren't green bug-eyed aliens ugly enough without variations on the theme of ugly? Never will I understand folk who want purple-skinned ugly aberrations cluttering up their game. There again I cannot bear zombies or vampires in my game so most like it is just a carpet-chewing personal repulsion.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 02, 00:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you get the right pollination tech replacement(s), then your aliens aren't quite so freaking ugly.
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 02, 00:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you having a laugh? Mine (all TWO count them) have no nose, huge bulging bug eyes and chins that could cut friggin cheese.
Replacement Pollination Technicians? I wish, The wretched machine is a mac and I on;y trust MATY hacks.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 02, 00:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no way on earth I'll use the maxis pollination tech.  But Dylan's pollination tech is quite nice, but I can't stand the thought of having just one (I like my aliens to be pollinated as well, some times), so I use a fwiffo multi-PT version from MTS2.

I'm sure it's quite safe, even for macs.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 02, 00:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dylan's stuff should be considered just as trustworthy as MATY hacks. http://laverwinklesims.com/index.php?topic=17.0 Take a look, his default alien replacement is a vast improvement over no nose, bulging eyes and sharp chins. Treynutz2's Junior Pollination replacement is also equally trustworthy. You can find his hack over at the Simposieum- http://www.simposieum.net/content/view/52/2/ .

Fixed the link so it will hopefully work.
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 02, 00:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll go take a look at those.
Thanks to you both.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 02, 02:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're quite welcome.

Now why would I suggest that you replace one bug-eyed, no-nose, no-mouth version for just a different hue? It always pays to check before reacting. Dylan's replacements are quite handsome, and so are Trey's. They are also fine for Mac users, by the way, and if you have difficulties with the skins, both are very good at supporting their creations. I put the laverwinkle link up right before you posted. One click would've gotten you there, and then all you had to do was find Dylan's forum, which is clearly marked as such, click and find his alien replacement thread. Pictures and everything. Of very nice looking aliens.

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 05, 19:05:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Veilchen, have you tried combining the replacement technicians with a multi-technician mod (like fwiffo's or anyone else's)?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 05, 22:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using fwiffo's multi-PT hack and dylan's laverwinkle skin...  it's a little odd having green aliens in the family tree with purple offspring, but I have no idea how to go about changing the thumbnails.

Elfie, if you're talking adding your own aliens instead of fwiffo's into that mod...  It's certainly something I'd be interested in trying out!  I do like Dylan's replacement alien, but once aliens were returned to the family tree I didn't like that aliens couldn't be pollinated themselves...  I like to breed my aliens!  Of course, then I get the situation where I have more aliens in my hood than humans   Roll Eyes
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 October 05, 22:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only an hour or so ago I was whining to my husband that alien abductions NEVER happened on my computer. At the very same time I whinged that twins were all too common. I have a very nice PowerMac that seems to buck the twin odds and always has.
Anyway in mid-moan the other half says "What is that?" I look back at the screen and am buggered if an abduction cutscene isn't playing right there and then!
The resounding crash was my jaw hitting the desk.
Naturally the machine presented me with hideous alien twins.
I should just learn to keep my big mouth shut!

sorry gotta do it...
* kewian kewian points and laughs

It always happens that way..

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 October 06, 00:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sorry gotta do it...
* kewian kewian points and laughs

As do I: *ElfPuddle points and laughs at both kewians!!*

ness, what I'd like to see seems similiar to what you're doing...but without the odd green tech/purple kid. Wink
Fwiffo, what are the odds you could easily do a multi-tech mod that let the user insert their own custom aliens (Dylan's for example, or the dark blue ones at Wood for Sims, or...). I say easily, because it isn't worth it to me to cause headaches to others...my game's chancy enough at the moment that I don't play enough to put anyone else in pain.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 October 06, 00:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even just a way to update those thumbnails would be enough.

In CAS, the aliens appear with the default purple replacement skins...  but the family tree thumbnails are still green.

Any ideas?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 October 06, 05:24:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fwiffo, what are the odds you could easily do a multi-tech mod that let the user insert their own custom aliens (Dylan's for example, or the dark blue ones at Wood for Sims, or...). I say easily, because it isn't worth it to me to cause headaches to others...my game's chancy enough at the moment that I don't play enough to put anyone else in pain.

Fwiffo put directions for doing it in one of his threads, I went looking and found it for you - post #22
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=70256&c=1

I never could get my brain working enough to understand how to do it  Sad 
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 October 06, 09:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, sleepycat...  bookmarked, I'll try to get my head around it some other time when I'm a bit less tired and hungry.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 October 06, 14:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

your welcome, if you manage to figure it out and put Dylan's pollitech in it and some other decent looking ones (with smaller eyes like Dylans) then I'd be awfully happy if you tossed it my way  Wink
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 October 06, 14:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the other decent looking PTs include halfway decent noses & jawlines, then I wouldn't mind it being tossed my way either.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: