More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 22:48:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can't see imposters at edge of map
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't see imposters at edge of map  (Read 3941 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Can't see imposters at edge of map
« on: 2008 October 30, 18:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now when you *want* the edge of the world fogged out, like where you are looking out over miles of sea and then suddenly there is this square corner, it doesn't fog out.

But now I actually have a road near the edge, and just room for a parade of shops and cafes between the road and the edge of the world so you can't see the sheer drop, now all of a sudden the game wants to fog it out.  Although I can go into any of the lots and play them, none of the neighboring lots are showing.

I have the camera hack to see all of the hood in hood mode, but is there one that will let me see all the neighbors even the ones touching the edge?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Can't see imposters at edge of map
« Reply #1 on: 2008 October 30, 21:02:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have neighbor fade to the max? I believe that they've shortened the limits. It certainly feels like it...I have a lot that's at 19 East and I can just barely see the house at 11 West. That's 16 squares, according to my map. I seem to remember being able to see imposters past that.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 October 30, 21:12:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can see a long way in the other directions.  And I can see the grass almost to the edge of the map.  Problem is, it's not meant to be grass, it's meant to be a house Sad

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
arogers
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 October 31, 12:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem with my neighborhood too. I increased the lot skirt size by 500 but it didn't affect the lots on the edges. I think they have to be at least one neighborhood square away to be visible from other lots. Ive noticed that it happens to decoration too.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 October 31, 13:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I have had to shrink all the lots by one hood tile at the back, and that worked.  It means some of the buildings are little more than a facade though Smiley

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 October 31, 18:15:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can see a long way in the other directions.  And I can see the grass almost to the edge of the map.  Problem is, it's not meant to be grass, it's meant to be a house Sad
Yeah, I can see terrain for much further than I can see lot/deco imposters. But it seems that the limit for lot imposters is around 16 'hood squares (maybe 17 given what you've discovered about shrinking) with all view settings to the max. At least that's how it's running in Highland County.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 November 01, 09:00:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This issue is not related to distance from viewpoint.  After experimenting, it has emerged that any lot whose edge is actually on the edge of the map does not display its imposter.  Shrink those lots by one hood tile so there is a clear strip between them and the edge of the map, then the imposter shows up.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 November 01, 11:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering that it is not normally possible to SEE the edge of the map, let alone put anything on it, it is not surprising that things do not work when placed there.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: