More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 28, 01:35:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  I didn't break it, it was never really broken
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I didn't break it, it was never really broken  (Read 2991 times)
DrRALEIGHnc
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
I didn't break it, it was never really broken
« on: 2009 May 31, 01:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi there. First let me say, it's perfectly alright for you to laugh at me. I'll be the first to tell you, all I know about the game is how to install the mods and how to play the game. I have a problem with a coffee pot mod that I'm not even sure you created this mod because, I've had it for several years now. Don't know why, but for some reason I feel like it was one of your creations. I've had it for like ever, and it still works with ever EP I have installed. It is just like the black Maxis orginal, but this was a mod that had re-colors and added menu's. The new menu's were as follows:

Drink Coffee With.../
Nap Powder = lowers energy a little past half way.
Sleep Powder = lowers energy for full nights sleep.
Platinum Powder = Maxes Aspiration
Complete Needs Powder = Maxes Needs
Complete Energyless Powder = Maxes Needs but not energy.
Sadness Powder = Lowers Aspiration
Ultra Complete Powder = Maxes Needs AND Aspiration

Here's the problem I'm having with it. Actually, it's been doing this from the first time I ever installed it, and well, it's driving me crazy. It has no way to turn on and off "Autonomy. When I'm playing a lot, the Sims that live there only want to drink the coffee... All the time. They will finish a cup and go right for another even though all their needs are full. I can turn off the "Free will" setting, and they  will only drink when I tell them to. However, "Free will" on or off, every Sim that visits will run straight for that coffee pot, and all they want to do too is stand there and drink coffee. And with a visiting Sim, I have no way to "X" out what they are doing. It's very irritating. So I was wondering if you could tell me how to prevent this (other than not buy the coffee pot. I wish I was as smart as you and knew how to create. Or... lol, maybe you could add the Autonomy on/off pie in the menu of this object for me. I noticed your "Shiny No Autonomy" mod, but I'm not sure this would be what I need to cure my Sims from staying on their coffee breaks through the whole game. And well, everything else in the game works fine and none of the Sims automatically do anything else, so I'm not sure if I should try the "Shiny No Autonom"... If you could, please help me.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Re: I didn't break it, it was never really broken
« Reply #1 on: 2009 May 31, 02:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, that isn't Pescado's and it doesn't even sound remotely like anything Pescado would make.  You should be keeping your hacks organized anyway so that when you install EPs you know where to go to get updates.  If you don't know who made the hack, google the filename and maybe something will come up.

Also, you don't need hacks to max/increase/decrease needs and aspiration.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 May 31, 03:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Google is your friend. First link. Really. Problems with a specific mod should be taken up with the mod creater, not a third party site. As this creator has not been active for almost a year, you appear to be SOL.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Rudilyn
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 May 31, 21:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've used the same hack, with the same results - my answer was to keep it in the Sims inventory until it was actually needed, then put it away again after they've used it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: