More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 07:19:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Dorm Crash on Loading (My daughter broke it!)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dorm Crash on Loading (My daughter broke it!)  (Read 2757 times)
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Dorm Crash on Loading (My daughter broke it!)
« on: 2009 May 03, 11:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, my daughter had a sim she put in a collage dorm. Today she loaded it up three times, and it crashed on the loading screen each time. I watch her like a hawk when she plays, because once she moved the Broke Family into a custom neighborhood, and more recently when I went down for some lunch, she added a dorm without permission.I know I sound authoritarian about my game, but she put it in the middle of nowhere.
        Anyways, I backed up the game the previous night, so I deleted the neighborhood, replaced it with my backup, and then defragmented my machine. It is still happening! I have had two on-lot crashes before, but I could just load up the game, and it would be fine. Not to mention the fact it only happened on lots with large vegetable gardens and then calling the garden club.  There is very little chance for tight pants, and HCDU checks out ok. I did download one of the house of fail lots earlier today, but it was CC free, and I did not even end up using it. I also deleted that ugly toystore in Bluewater Village, but if that was the problem, my backup would have resolved it. I did use SimPE earlier this week trying to solve why the clouds no longer show up however, I did not edit anything directly, and I am pretty sure it tells you when you commit to editing files, so I don't think I could have accidentally changed something.
        I am going to see if my other collage lots load up, and also check if the lot debugger can fix anything. I do have all important awesome fixes, as well as some of TwoJeffs, and Darcy's.

Edit: My collage lot in the same collage works. I am going to try to delete the .cache files, and see if that works.

All EP's, GL, K&B, and M&G
ATI Radeon X1600
Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.16 GHz,
4GB of RAM (listed on windows as 2.98 GB)
Windows XP, Service Pack 2
« Last Edit: 2009 May 03, 11:31:57 by parrot » Logged

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Budcot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Dorm Crash on Loading (My daughter broke it!)
« Reply #1 on: 2009 May 03, 12:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you loading it with the sim on the lot? That has caused a couple of crashes for me before and I had to remove the sim and then go into the empty dorm. Is the college dorm new? If so I doubt moving the sim would help. My problem was that the dorm had been previously occupied and I'd moved the sims out while leaving the maid van there. Once deleted the lot was fine.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Dorm Crash on Loading (My daughter broke it!)
« Reply #2 on: 2009 May 03, 12:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting the .Cache files didn't work. I still can't get on to the lot.

Budcot, this lot has only been occupied by the sim currently occupying it. It is an ugly dorm in the middle of nowhere, so I will delete it, and then see if she will load on another dorm, that I will make. If that doesn't work, I am afraid I will have to delete the neighborhood, unless someone has any suggestions.

Edit: Damn it! I was working on the dorm, and my scroll wheel's axel broke! Another broken mouse! Why can't they make these things more reliable!

Edit of the Edit: I got a new, and hopefully reliable mouse. I have a small mouse graveyard at the moment.

-2 lost to my bird chewing on the cable.

-1 lost due to driver issues.

-1 lost to a weak axel.

My last mouse was by far the best and longest lasting, but it's gone now, and no amount of moping will change that. I'm going to continue the lot, and see if it is the dorm, or the sim causing the problem. If it's the sim, I can always evict her, and burninate her. It can't hurt to try though.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 04, 19:34:13 by parrot » Logged

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: