More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 21:30:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OFB - What works, what doesn't
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB - What works, what doesn't  (Read 43965 times)
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: OFB - What works, what doesn't
« Reply #100 on: 2006 March 03, 08:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to delete the SuperEspresso....the damned sims kept wanting to makje coffee  Undecided

and for some weird reason, they keep wanting to take a bath (even when their hygyne is maxed out)   Huh

Merolas Multi-Pic works like a charm

I noticed that with the Phone Hack, best to call the gardener & maid BEFORE setting the 'ringing limit'; I did that and no probs...I set the rings and I couldnt phone the gardener...it would just cancel out
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2006 March 03, 13:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Non awesome hacks that also work like a charm is the insimenator,and Danny's DMA sets

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: 2006 March 03, 14:16:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only problem I've had so far was with Sims being unable to serve a meal of any kind.  They would prepare the food as usual, but it would vanish at the point where they tried to serve it.  My Sims were getting dangerously near the starvation point, but fortunately Merola's multi-painting still works Smiley  I took out all custom foods and all hacks that looked even remotely food-related, and that seemed to fix it.  Obviously a hack conflict somewhere.  I have a lot of custom foods in my game and I don't know if they are causing this or not.  Anybody else have similar problems?

Karen

That's what happened to me with leaving the lot.i i would tell them to leave and it would just disappear n they'd go read or something. i couldn't drive anywhere and if i called the taxi-the taxi would just do "drive by's" endlessly without ever stopping-lol! i went back through the files n FINALLY found the "pick up/drop off" hack  that lets you drop your friends off at work or pick up carry out yourself.  i guess i'd missed that one the other three times i'd gone through the files.  so that definately is NOT compatible

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2006 March 03, 14:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

a new non-awesome hack

Maxis Extracted ~Badge Juicer (now buyable) OFB

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1089680

Grin

PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2006 March 03, 16:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't got the game yet, (darn Amazon) but from what I've been reading from other's...

TJ -formal wear, is no longer needed as now with the arc the sims can get married in whatever formalwear they have selected
Toddler Mirror (MTS2), no longer needed since an adult or teen can bring a toddler to the mirror to change appearance.
TJ- multiple births, there is now an option to force a pregnancy to be twins. I guess it is still need for multiple births though.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2006 March 03, 19:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And TJ's multiple birth hack lets you choose who is going to stay home wtih the new baby.  It is good for those Family sim dads, especially if the wife is Fortune, as in the default Burb house. 
PattyB
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2006 March 03, 20:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only issue I've had with the game so far is the ReNuYuSenso Orb making lots not load. Thanks for the suggestion to run in debug mode and delete.

I'm going to start putting hacks back into the game tonight (especially the phone hack. My poor Sim was trying to run his business and his darn cellphone kept ringing with the "You never call me" messages).

Not at all awesome
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2006 March 03, 22:39:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If  you want more than twins you still need Two Jeffs triplets and quad mod. the force twins cheat only gives you twins and as rainbow said it has no added features like Two Jeffs Hack does

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2006 March 03, 23:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't need it anymore, b/c Maxis has now made it w/ OFB where you can change into formal to marry.

ooo that would explain why I didn't have it in it was working as if I did lol  I have to catch up on what's going on with my MATY hacks yet.

I got fed up and did a major custom content clean out, hopefully that will help with my loading times.  I'm back down to 8,000 downloads lol

I was having issues with some of my objects not showing up..flashing blue...even Maxis objects flashing blue.  They did that with NL as well.  Maybe something with CEP?  Not sure.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2006 March 04, 02:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

a new non-awesome hack

Maxis Extracted ~Badge Juicer (now buyable) OFB

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1089680

Yes it's awesome because Maxis made it. :p

Before everyone rushed over there too ooh and ahh and gush with adoration, I'd like to point out that like the Sim Modder baby object which several people 'made' (and I use that term very loosely), it's actually something available in debug mode that you can access quite easily by shift clicking on your sim in debug mode.

Unless your are abnormally terrorfied of using debug mode like many at the BBS seem to be (BOOLPROP NOOOO!!!!!!) then there's really no reason to download this because it's already in your game.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2006 March 04, 02:29:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay!  Thanks for pointing that out, Motoki.  Welcome back!  I do hope you will stick around for a while. Smiley

BTW, I am loving your Elder clothing equality mod.  Would there be any chance of an updated version for NL soon?  Wink
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2006 March 04, 03:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possibly, but I think a Mascot hide might come sooner lol. I'm damned tired at looking at those ugly pink gorilla bodies.  Tongue

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2006 March 04, 12:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL Motoki ,I hear you on the mascots 5 minutes of the pink Gorilla was all I could stand Tongue

dawnkeeper
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2006 March 04, 16:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Create a family in the game or do you mean Body Shop?

In create a family no custom content shows up..... I am not sure what to do.

Lurkety, lurk, lurk!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2006 March 04, 18:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Create a family in the game or do you mean Body Shop?

In create a family no custom content shows up..... I am not sure what to do.
you have to enable CC on the pop up screen befor you get to the neighborhood then restart you r game for it to show up

dawnkeeper
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2006 March 04, 19:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you have to enable CC on the pop up screen befor you get to the neighborhood then restart you r game for it to show up

I double checked that it was enabled and it is. I even restarted the game a few times to make sure that it had a chance to enable the custom content.

EDIT: I found the problem. I had to change the name of my EA Games / The Sims 2 / downloads folder to "Downloads". I am assuming it is case sensitive in CAF and not in the game itself. CAF could not see the folder at all. The rest of the game could access the folder just fine. I find that interesting.

They must not have put in the code for IF (EXISTS "Downloads" OR "downloads"), in the CAF section. But yet it can see either folder in the game itself. Anyway I am filing that away for further reference so I do not make the same mistake twice. Lol.

Thanks! :-)
« Last Edit: 2006 March 04, 22:19:06 by dawnkeeper » Logged

Lurkety, lurk, lurk!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2006 March 05, 03:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have heard people say that before, that Downloads must be capitalized.  It seems really stupid though because most of the time, Windows doesn't care about caps.
schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2006 March 05, 21:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to delete the SuperEspresso....the damned sims kept wanting to makje coffee  Undecided

I am having this probelm too, but I can't find the damn file. At N99, it's listed as Power_Espresso-SimCutie. I've searched my whole hard drive looking for various combinations of keywords, but I can't find it. Anyone know off hand exactly where it is or what it's exact filename is?

Thanks in advance.

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2006 March 05, 21:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if we had the filename, if it got installed somehow with the Maxis installer, like say via a downloaded lot, the name will be scrambled up into hexcode.

You could try browsing your downloads with Clean Installer and looking for an object or hack with that name.

schmoopee
Blathering Buffoon

I'm the Green Bastard!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2006 March 06, 02:36:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, crap, yeah, I'm pretty sure I downloaded it with a house, before I had clean installer. Thanks, I'll go searching for it.

It's kind of funny on my community lots with espresso machines, everyone and their dog is lined up to buy espresso! I should open up a coffee bar and make a killing until I find the hack.

Corn is no place for a mighty warrior!
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2006 March 06, 02:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims keep wanting to drink coffee. (the cheap machine not the expresso one).
I have used clean installer and scan at least 3 times including manual scanning and have yet to find that expresso or whatever hack that is causing these.  I am banning these coffee stuff from my lots at present Sad

And rainbow, I think its true that Downloads need to be capitalised.

Go Away
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: