More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 15:48:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OFB - What works, what doesn't
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB - What works, what doesn't  (Read 43964 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: OFB - What works, what doesn't
« Reply #75 on: 2006 March 02, 14:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now is the time you can poke, shove, slap, and insult me as much as you can...Smiley. How Brynne says? "I pee on your direction".  Cheesy Cheesy
Oh my, this was so funny, I think I hurt myself.  Cheesy  I think what Brynne says is she is mooning in your general direction.

I'm sorry, I can't help it, just thinking about you peeing on someone's direction is hilarious.  Cheesy

Thanks for making me laugh!  Smiley
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2006 March 02, 16:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about custom careers?

I have a couple and they are working fine. I don't think they messed with them at all this time around unless you consider running a business a career of sorts, but that uses a whole different system anyhow.

As long as they are at least Uni/EP1 compatible, they should be fine for EP2 and EP3 as well. At least that's my experience so far. And I think we'd know right away if they didn't work. We sure did with University.  Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2006 March 02, 16:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Motoki, I really do like the two I have. One is the computer career and the other is the xtreme one. I have several sims in those and I would hate to have to mess around with getting them in comparably similar stations in the maxis careers.

I had my doubts because OFB involves new career/business venues (sp?), and ea/maxis ep's seem to break a lot of mods. It's still inconceivable to me that the phone annoyances and all that surrounds them are still not fixed by them. Not only that, but they break the one great mod that fixes the damn things. Well, I guess they don't need to care about that, they are a business after all, and when the money comes rolling in anyways, why bother. JM definitely rocks, the phone-hack shows in a nice, green color.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
jase
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2006 March 02, 16:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inteen is most assuredly NOT compatible. The list of changed code is long and ugly. Insim (at least the dest version) is clean according to the autoscan.
InTeen is indeed incompatible and anyone using OFB is well advised to remove it or there will be far more than dead kittens you'll have to worry about.  I am still only about a half of the way through my evaluation, so its hard to say how bad the situation is.  Details will be posted on my website.

Also, if you're an InSim user, some people are reporting problems with the SIM edition, but it seems like the DEST edition is compatible with OFB.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 02, 19:23:03 by jase » Logged

Isn't it about time you did your part in God's plan?  Go on, install InTeen today.  What would Jesus do?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2006 March 02, 16:51:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's still inconceivable to me that the phone annoyances and all that surrounds them are still not fixed by them. Not only that, but they break the one great mod that fixes the damn things.

I agree. It's like, hello did you people actually PLAY the game? Does ANYONE like how the phone works by default? Everyone hates it, everyone complains about it. They refuse to change it AND mess with the damned thing every episode so the fix that we have gets broken and Pescado has to redo it every time.

Oh well, at least the supposedly made it so you can change toddlers hairs now (without a hack or cheat). I kept nagging Tom about that for a while. lol

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2006 March 02, 17:06:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It only took them 3 expansions to get the toddler hair thing done though.  Perhaps by the 6th EP they'll have fixed the phones.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2006 March 02, 17:28:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's still inconceivable to me that the phone annoyances and all that surrounds them are still not fixed by them. Not only that, but they break the one great mod that fixes the damn things.

I agree. It's like, hello did you people actually PLAY the game? Does ANYONE like how the phone works by default? Everyone hates it, everyone complains about it. They refuse to change it AND mess with the damned thing every episode so the fix that we have gets broken and Pescado has to redo it every time.

Oh well, at least the supposedly made it so you can change toddlers hairs now (without a hack or cheat). I kept nagging Tom about that for a while. lol
I haven't had a chance to check the toddler hair thing yet.I am still admiring the new parent/child animations

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2006 March 02, 17:34:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't bought the new Ep yet Bangelnuts.    The family aspect of the game is the one I enjoy.  Would you mind telling us a few of the new interactions with babies and toddlers?    This is the one of the things in the new Ep I am looking forward to.
siriusthinking
Asinine Airhead

Lurker since July 29, 2005!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: 2006 March 02, 17:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sounds like they don't have custom content enabled (or forgot to restart after enabling it)

That's what I did last night.  I frantically replaced so much stuff in one of my houses, figuring I had accidentally deleted those things when moving hacks out with CleanInstaller..

I'm just a tad paranoid.
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2006 March 02, 18:13:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone tested No Shoving from Look Through, Preg for all genders, TJ-Formalware, or ijClohtestoken?

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2006 March 02, 18:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The family aspect of the game is the one I enjoy

I read that children can now dance with adults - by standing on the adult's feet; they can also tease toddlers.  Just got the EP about  30 minutes ago, so have to wait till I get home from work  Embarrassed
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2006 March 02, 19:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone tested No Shoving from Look Through, Preg for all genders, TJ-Formalware, or ijClohtestoken?

read this
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3231.new#new
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2006 March 02, 19:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin Grin Grin - OK JMP, take your revenge! - I admit I don't understand technical issues. I agree to install what my technician advises, and I trust him that he wants the best for me...Smiley.

Wow. He ripped you off bigtime if that's the case. The extras must've been expensive. What's the use of spending all that money if you can't get the most out of it? I'd be wary of further suggestions from this dude...
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2006 March 02, 22:31:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

idtime, I checked the prices on the net (just to be sure that tech doesn't get overpayed a lot) - I payed the same price as if I bought them on the net. The only thing I added was the working time of the technician, and it's quite reasonable.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2006 March 02, 22:32:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty sure I have the DEST version of Insim so I might give it a go.  My game is being such a bitch right now with loading times that I'm hating testing things..putting them in/out & reloading.

All my custom foods are working fine..they always did even if with NL I never really bothered to check them out for updates and stuff unless they are causing some problem I don't know about *heh*

I think I have TJ's formal wedding put back in and it's on the not compatiable list of his...I'll have to double check.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2006 March 02, 23:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the point - my selectable sim, AND the townies, could work out from here to eternity, without a plum-bob above their heads.

Now I found another obstacle - SimPe doesn't work with OFB!!! WooHoo...Smiley

Back to the shelf, gamie...Smiley.
Gali, read my above post about the censorgrid.. Grin

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: 2006 March 02, 23:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inteen is most assuredly NOT compatible. The list of changed code is long and ugly. Insim (at least the dest version) is clean according to the autoscan.
InTeen is indeed incompatible and anyone using OFB is well advised to remove it or there will be far more than dead kittens you'll have to worry about.  I am still only about a half of the way through my evaluation, so its hard to say how bad the situation is.  Details will be posted on my website.

Also, if you're an InSim user, some people are reporting problems with the SIM edition, but it seems like the DEST edition is compatible with OFB.

i have the object version of insiminator and haven't noticed anything wierd or not working yet

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: 2006 March 02, 23:45:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I got that, and I set it to enable. Some things were just missing alltogether, such as Vamp Cats custom cars. And a few other things werent there either.

That's weird. I shall check my game again later when I am home but did they disappear all together from the catalogue or was flashing blue?

They were just gone alltogether. Some things flashed blue. Buth other things, like the cars were just plain gone. I really REALLY want to slap someone. Mainly myself for running down to Best Buy and getting this game.
that sucks  Undecided i haven't read all the new posts on this thread yet. Have you figured out what was wrong? i read this yesterday before i installed, and so when i loaded it-i specifically looked for vampcats cars n they're there for me. Originally-i had trouble with ALL custom content, in spite of enabling it on the load up screen and restarting. i went to clean installer-hi-lighted everything in there and told it to "enable package" n then clicked "update" juz for the heck of it.  When i went back in-it was all back to normal.

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2006 March 02, 23:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

idtime, I checked the prices on the net (just to be sure that tech doesn't get overpayed a lot) - I payed the same price as if I bought them on the net. The only thing I added was the working time of the technician, and it's quite reasonable.

Yeah, but is this the same guy who told you to buy a $5000 computer? I'm still concerned

dawnkeeper
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2006 March 03, 02:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took out all of my hacks and any hacked objects until I could go over JM's whole list. The only thing I left in was non-worrisome stuff like recolors, custom skins, and hair.

I am not sure why but none of my custom anything is showing up in Create a Family. Has this happened to anyone else? The weird thing is my default custom skins I have installed are definately showing up as are one or two hacks that I added back in. No custom hair, clothing, make-up etc. Nothing. I even pulled a few custom skins out of the folder they were kept in and placed them directly in my downloads directory. The game still did not pick them up.

I double checked and all my custom object, walls, floors, and recolors are showing up. I wonder why just the CAS stuff is not showing? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Lurkety, lurk, lurk!
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2006 March 03, 02:34:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure why but none of my custom anything is showing up in Create a Family.

Create a family in the game or do you mean Body Shop?
Lackey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2006 March 03, 03:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OFB apparently does patch nightlife  but to what extent I dont know since it only checks existing installs to see if they are patched Huh and since my game was already patched with both NL patches it didnt have to patch anything

Because I recently blew up my hard drive I had to install all games from scratch nightlife looked for the sims 2 patch and installed it OFB just said it was already updated. So I am also looking for that answer. I dont see how it could have. It did NOT run a patch like NL or UNI did. Again to clarify I did NOT run the NL patch before installing OFB and OFB did not run a patch for me. What the heck I have nothing invested in game right now so I will try to patch after the OFB install. BRB Well it ran the patch and did not tell me it was already there. I posted the question to bbs since max is hanging out there.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 03, 04:00:52 by Mrmtman » Logged

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine to your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.
Lackey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2006 March 03, 04:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well here is what I did. With OFB installed I went to ea and installed the nightlife patch. It let me install it with no problem. Then I exited and went back and hit download nightlife patch and it stated that nightlife was already updated. So I would say No OFB does not patch nightlife.

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine to your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2006 March 03, 05:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I didn't mean ripped off as in overcharged, but ripped off as in he sold you something you didn't need. It's kinda like buying an apartment building to live in one unit, in a sense. The excess functionality is doing little for your computer if you've got a 800Mhz processor. You probably could've gotten the same effect from lower-power, cheaper vid cards and less ram.

I think I have TJ's formal wedding put back in and it's on the not compatiable list of his...I'll have to double check.

You don't need it anymore, b/c Maxis has now made it w/ OFB where you can change into formal to marry.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2006 March 03, 08:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only problem I've had so far was with Sims being unable to serve a meal of any kind.  They would prepare the food as usual, but it would vanish at the point where they tried to serve it.  My Sims were getting dangerously near the starvation point, but fortunately Merola's multi-painting still works Smiley  I took out all custom foods and all hacks that looked even remotely food-related, and that seemed to fix it.  Obviously a hack conflict somewhere.  I have a lot of custom foods in my game and I don't know if they are causing this or not.  Anybody else have similar problems?

Karen
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: