More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 20:17:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  strange notownieregen problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: strange notownieregen problem  (Read 3018 times)
Warge
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
strange notownieregen problem
« on: 2007 June 20, 05:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After installing the no regen hacks, I have got some really strange issues - more of that later. I began with opening all the default hoods and ripping out all the houses I wanted. Then, I went on to create an empty hood, even without townies but with all the appropriate hacks installed correctly. That worked - when I began building my neighbourhoods I didn't have any characters.

However, the notownieregen hack doesn't seem to work, and neither do the antiredundancy hack (can't say for the other hacks yet): First, I get about 200 townies I don't want. Then, after killing off a few and checking the hood with simPE, I can't find the not-so-dearly deceased, dead or alive - and there are STILL those pesky 200 I don't want. Finally, the most bizarre glitch is that all townies are treated like males...

Now, I know how to use hacks and all the other hacks are working fine, but this goes beyond me. Does anyone have any suggestions?

About Sven-Göran Eriksson:
The press were on his back because a) he's foreign, b bad news/slaggin someone off sells papers and c) he can pull fitter birds than those alcoholic gobshite fleetstreet hacks could dream about
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
Re: strange notownieregen problem
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 20, 06:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to delete that hood and try making a clean hood again.  The first time I tried I did it wrong, too.  I didn't read it carefully enough the first time and I skipped a step, when I reread it and tried again everything worked perfectly and I now have a hood with 30 townies, one of each type of NPC, four downtownies, and two grand vamps in addition to my playables.  Read the directions carefully.  Notownieregen and antiredundency work, there is clear evidence of this from the many users of this site (including me).  Perhaps the tuturial you are using isn't clear, I used this one:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=2e6c484c75aa0a6de1e7fbb0a27191ca&topic=5861.0

By the way, Jordi, I am your personal fan girl.  Wink

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Warge
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 20, 07:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But that's the way I did it... Still, why does the townies regenerate as MALES?

The press were on his back because a) he's foreign, b bad news/slaggin someone off sells papers and c) he can pull fitter birds than those alcoholic gobshite fleetstreet hacks could dream about
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 20, 10:18:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I say:
A. You've done something wrong.
B. You have conflicting hacks.
C. (and most likely) Both.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Warge
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 June 20, 18:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neither it appeared - it seems it was the hacks that had become corrupted somehow, but only the regen hacks... Thanks anyway guys!

Bug as it may seem, I'm still fascinated how it turned out...

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: