More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 23:04:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  could somebody please help me..
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: could somebody please help me..  (Read 7584 times)
Heatherkinz
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
could somebody please help me..
« on: 2009 December 13, 23:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First off, I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place, it isn't intentional and I am not trying to annoy anybody.
Anyway, I have recently installed the World Adventures expantion pack, I removed all of my mods and downloads, but when I try and start the game it will not load at all, it gets to the loading page and the bar doesn't fill at all.
So basically, I'm not sure if it is because I haven't removed Awesome Mod properly, or if it is because I removed it in the first place, or something unrelated to the game altogether. I'm sorry if this is something really obvious, I have been reading around trying to solve the problem myself, but nothing is working, this was sort of a last resort before throwing my laptop out the window. Please help me.
Zeero
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: could somebody please help me..
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 13, 23:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering how much information you are giving us, or should I say, "lack of" , the only thing I can suggest is to delete your caches. If this doesn't fix it, backup your saves and uninstall and reinstall both games.
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 14, 00:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HOW TO INSTALL THE FRAMEWORK AND AWESOMEMOD - THREAD SHOULD BE LOCKED
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 14, 01:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The framework is irrelevant when there's no mods installed.

So, yes. I'd do a 100% clean reinstall.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 14, 01:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No loading bar progress is almost always framework fail. I'll grant you that I didn't read the entire OP, though. Still, I wouldn't be surprised if it was framework fail after all.
Franziska
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 14, 09:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll grant you that I didn't read the entire OP, though.

Exactly. Because the OP stated that no cc, including AM, was installed, so Framework wouldn't be required at all. I think a clean re-install with backups is a good idea, too.

-Define "interesting"! - Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esTVVjpTzIY
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 14, 09:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly. Because the OP stated that no cc, including AM, was installed, so Framework wouldn't be required at all. I think a clean re-install with backups is a good idea, too.

Ah, but this provides enough deniability for me:
So basically, I'm not sure if it is because I haven't removed Awesome Mod properly

Perhaps Heatherkinz will return when she fixes this problem and regale us with the tale of how she solved it.
Franziska
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 14, 13:04:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, but this provides enough deniability for me:
So basically, I'm not sure if it is because I haven't removed Awesome Mod properly

Perhaps Heatherkinz will return when she fixes this problem and regale us with the tale of how she solved it.

Hm, my bad, I didn't think that Framework could fuck up the game even after all cc is removed. Well, if that's really the case, removing Framework is surely a good approach. Of course, the caches should be cleared, too.

-Define "interesting"! - Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esTVVjpTzIY
ioscream
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 14, 15:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

did you remove the resource.cfg file as well? I had a similiar problem when installing AM AFTER WA was already installed. It would bring up the loading screen and then not go any further. The solution I used was first read all the threads you can in the sticky section which lead me to the following:

Go to Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims -> copy the resource.cfg file PASTE it in the Program Files/Electronic Arts/World Adventures/ directory
In the World Adventures directory create a directory called Mods and within the Mods folder create a folder called Files
Copy the files within Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims/Mods/Files to the newly created directory within World Adventures
Copy the file d3dx9_31.dll from Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims/Game/Bin to Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims World Adventures/Game/Bin
Then go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ and delect scriptCache.package
Load Game
Huh
Profit

That's basically just saying what has already been stated, but as this is my first post I figured I would be as detailed as possible.
Heatherkinz
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 14, 15:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

did you remove the resource.cfg file as well? I had a similiar problem when installing AM AFTER WA was already installed. It would bring up the loading screen and then not go any further. The solution I used was first read all the threads you can in the sticky section which lead me to the following:

Go to Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims -> copy the resource.cfg file PASTE it in the Program Files/Electronic Arts/World Adventures/ directory
In the World Adventures directory create a directory called Mods and within the Mods folder create a folder called Files
Copy the files within Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims/Mods/Files to the newly created directory within World Adventures
Copy the file d3dx9_31.dll from Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims/Game/Bin to Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims World Adventures/Game/Bin
Then go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ and delect scriptCache.package
Load Game
Huh
Profit

That's basically just saying what has already been stated, but as this is my first post I figured I would be as detailed as possible.

Thankyou so much Smiley you actually helped me Smiley now my game is working Cheesy all thanks to you lol.
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 14, 16:06:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay, I was right!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 14, 16:26:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*facepalm*

I really have to stop giving people the benefit of the doubt. I was in a nice mood during those last few posts though. Meh.

For future reference, heatherkinz, when you say you removed your mods/cc people are going to assume that you didn't put it back. That is, if they take your post at face value. And you want to maintain respect from said people.

In the future, I give up. Guess I go back to ignoring what posts say and just focus on what they aren't saying. Alas.

ioscream
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 December 14, 17:04:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*facepalm*

I really have to stop giving people the benefit of the doubt. I was in a nice mood during those last few posts though. Meh.

For future reference, heatherkinz, when you say you removed your mods/cc people are going to assume that you didn't put it back. That is, if they take your post at face value. And you want to maintain respect from said people.

In the future, I give up. Guess I go back to ignoring what posts say and just focus on what they aren't saying. Alas.

To be honest, I think she didn't remove the resource.cfg and the dx file.. so even if all the mods and cc were out of the game, it would still be referencing files that don't exist (and one that does, but not in the right place), thus part of the hack was still in the game and causing the loading screen break. I haven't tried breaking my game to see if it that EXACT scenario would cause it to break, but as I had similiar behavior I figured I would regurgitate what I read elsewhere within the forum.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 December 14, 17:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally have never had framework fail from having the resource.cfg file in there on its own. Or even the dll file. In fact, I almost always just have to pull the "Mods" folder and the game just ignores the rest.

However, I could contribute this to being on a Mac and the game being emulated... but honestly I doubt it.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: