More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 07:12:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How to remove the custom content marker from Maxis clothing?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How to remove the custom content marker from Maxis clothing?  (Read 2999 times)
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
How to remove the custom content marker from Maxis clothing?
« on: 2006 December 03, 01:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Smiley

Does anyone know of a way to remove the custom content marker from Maxis clothing? Ever since installing Pets all of the clothing I recategorized from Adult to YA + Adult is now showing up as custom content :/ Now, I recategorized a lot of stuff, so I am having a hard time finding the actual custom stuff because nearly all of the Maxis clothing is showing the *

In all of these cases the only thing in the file I have is the Property Set & all I did was change the age from 0x00000008 to 0x00000048. This should not be showing up as custom content!

Any ideas?

Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: How to remove the custom content marker from Maxis clothing?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 03, 01:35:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Open up the package file and check the "property set" resource for the creator string.
I have a feeling the entry can be set to either Maxis (0x00?) or Custom values.
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 03, 05:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I **wish** it was that simple!

I've changed all of the creator keys to 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 (the Maxis default) I've deleted the product & Version numbers, changed the flags to 0x00000000 - believe me - I have tried everything i can thik of to try.

I have a feeling that it's been hard coded into the game, that any clothing, makeup, hair, etc found in the downloads folder is going to get that custom content marker. I guess that leaves modifying the actual game package. I really don't want to have to do that, but, I suppose it would be safe enough as long as I back up the package first.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 03, 10:33:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Windkeeper made a package file listed on MTS2 (here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=158172) that makes Uni clothes usable by adults. Maybe looking at it could help you fix your own files?

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 03, 10:55:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a feeling that it's been hard coded into the game, that any clothing, makeup, hair, etc found in the downloads folder is going to get that custom content marker. I guess that leaves modifying the actual game package. I really don't want to have to do that, but, I suppose it would be safe enough as long as I back up the package first.
It's hardcoded that way now, yes. You can dodge this by hucking things into the helpfully provided "overrides" folder in the Pets folder, if it bugs you.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 04, 04:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks JM - I was afraid it was hardcoded :/

I am loathe to modify the existing skins.packages so, I'll thy the overrides folder.

Yes, it does bug me that much - I have to sift through 50 or 60 "custom" outfits that aren't really custom just to find the real custom stuff. I just want the EA content to show up as EA content & not as custom because..... it isn't bloody custom!

Thnaks for the solution!

Morague
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 04, 09:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I noticed this as well. With my hiders, if I go into CAS debugging mode, most hidden clothes appear with an asterisk (although not all of them).
I placed my hiders in the Pet overrides bin because of this.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: