More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 03:35:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Corrupted Skin File
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Corrupted Skin File  (Read 6165 times)
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Corrupted Skin File
« on: 2007 July 15, 20:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game crashed and now I've got a corrupted skin file (instead of looking right, it has the little numbers all over). It's the s2 skin for adult males, if that matters. I think I can replace it from the disk, but I'm not sure what I need to replace, what disk it should be on, and where I need to put it. I'd rather replace it than reinstall, so would very much appreciate the info Smiley

</help> nevermind, figured it out.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 16, 03:17:58 by sagana » Logged

Unsouper
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Corrupted Skin File
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 16, 03:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you know, it is very interesting and highly coincidental but i have seen this problem over and over in the last two weeks. I'm a member of an lj sims2 community (really the only reason I'm still checking LJ) and have seen this same problem around 5-6 times in the last 2 weeks by different people. Everybody's files are corrupting at the same time. Go figure.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 16, 10:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is interesting. I've never had it happen before. But then, my computer is acting up and I was getting a lot of crashes anyway. I took out all my cc, played for a long while without saving, crashed to the desktop, and when I opened the house I was playing, the sim's skin was corrupt.

What I thought was odd (and probably isn't - I've never had it happen before and don't know), I expected the corrupt file to have a different date and time stamp than the one on disk, or a different size, or different something as it'd been written to. But it didn't - it was exactly the same as the one on the disk, but still corrupt. That's why I thought I was trying to change the wrong one or something.

Unsouper
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 16, 12:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hidden feature of the new patch?

INFP or something
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 16, 14:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe a preview into the next supernatural creature... The Matrix!

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 16, 16:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not the  patch - assuming my issue is the same as other peoples. I haven't patched.

Ah the Matrix is so bad. Hopefully it's a Harry Potter bad wizard or a Borne Conspiracy thing or something.

Unsouper
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 16, 19:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hopefully it's a Harry Potter bad wizard

Bad wizard! No biscuit!

INFP or something
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 16, 19:43:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bad wizard! No biscuit!

Only if they gave us Makin Magic. I figured it was because of Harry Potter being so popular that we got the first one. I would enjoy the hell out of Makin Magic in Sims2. Little curious what they would put in it though. The old one had the gardening but we have that already so they would have to replace it with something just as big a draw.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 16, 19:47:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bad wizard! No biscuit!

Only if they gave us Makin Magic. I figured it was because of Harry Potter being so popular that we got the first one. I would enjoy the hell out of Makin Magic in Sims2. Little curious what they would put in it though. The old one had the gardening but we have that already so they would have to replace it with something just as big a draw.

thought that came with Unleashed?

INFP or something
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 16, 19:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only remember gardening in makin magic. Growing grapes and bean plants. All the objects to do anything with it was in makin magic. I reinstalled all my sims1 expansions last month and played with them for awhile.

Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 16, 19:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, most gardening things came with unleashed. They had the grape vines, but I think that was about it. I wouldn't mind a more interactive way of baking, like they had.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 16, 19:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not unusual for my memory to be a little faulty. I probably remember makin magic best because of the objects that could be used with the gardening. I loved the little oven and the wine vat. I could swaer the gnombs were singing "i saw momma kissing santa claus" when they climbed out of it.

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 16, 22:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love grape vines. I missed Makin' Magic for the sims1 so I really hope they do it for sims2. I voted for it on that poll awhile back... but seemed about even, people who like it and don't. I love the really odd stuff that's harder to simulate in hacks/cc.

Unsouper
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 17, 03:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love grape vines. I missed Makin' Magic for the sims1 so I really hope they do it for sims2. I voted for it on that poll awhile back... but seemed about even, people who like it and don't. I love the really odd stuff that's harder to simulate in hacks/cc.

Sims mod board has some fuctional bee stuff that reminds me of the stuff that was in makin magic.
http://www.pc-sims.com/smb/showthread.php?t=6158
They had another one that has sellable jars but i can't seem to find it now :/

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 17, 10:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid And Sucky
Feeble Saganoid Lifeform
Delete Post Next Time.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: