More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 15, 01:43:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Your Favorite Default Replacement Skins?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your Favorite Default Replacement Skins?  (Read 26984 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Your Favorite Default Replacement Skins?
« on: 2006 May 29, 12:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a set of default replacement skins that were made by an online friend.  They are really very lovely, a little shiny, very smooth.  The problem is that the "fat" morph doesn't work well.  The top half and the bottom half seem to live in separate dimensions.  It's fine when she has clothes on, but naked, she looks like a magician's trick gone wrong.

So, show me your favorite default replacements!  I need some new ones.  I don't like a lot of shading (they need to be pretty smooth) and I don't like the hyper-realistic ones either. 

C

ETA:  a word in the title for clarification
« Last Edit: 2006 May 29, 12:07:50 by cwieberdink » Logged

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
Re: Your Favorite Default Replacement Skins?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 29, 12:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using paradisesim's defaults ever since they were released. They're not deviating much from Maxian standards, and they're anatomically correct as well.

Let the Beast inside you free!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 29, 12:43:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Enayla's skintones, but not her default set. Instead I have mixed and matched skintones from her sets to make an S1-S4 spectrum that fits in more with my playing style: my S4 is more like default S3. I have a dark skin which I made genetically S5.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 29, 15:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using paradisesim's defaults ever since they were released. They're not deviating much from Maxian standards, and they're anatomically correct as well.

I used to use them, but decided I liked Heleane's better -- someone made defaults out of her latest set (1111) and put them on MTS2.  You can also find defaults of her older skin sets there too.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 29, 15:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like Helaene's, too. I use the set previous to her newest as I like those better. I also use her eyes.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 29, 15:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like some of her new skintones, but for the fact that all the male bodies are so goddam hairy. I mean, gosh. They're like mini sasquatches.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 29, 16:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like some of her new skintones, but for the fact that all the male bodies are so goddam hairy. I mean, gosh. They're like mini sasquatches.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  ROFLOL

C

SarahKjrsten
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 29, 16:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Louis' default replacements that I got off of MTS2. I really like them, they're not overly realistic but there also not too cartoony.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 29, 16:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Louis's are still my favorite. Helaene has a recent set that nobody has made into defaults yet that I'd actually love to try out (matte finish, light freckling, not so much with the bags under the eyes as a lot of her others), but since nobody's done it yet and I've got other projects I'd rather work on than learning to do it myself, it's Louis's for me.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 29, 16:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am using Enayla's. They are quite glossy, but I love not having to put makeup on everyone just to make them look human. Some of my sims have her custom skins, too. Here's the link for the defaults:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=128208&page=1&pp=25

Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 29, 18:55:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I adore Enayla's skins and those hyper realistic skins from SimsVault. Im gradually wacking Enaylas onto the Vault meshes thyen having them all show up as for breeding purpouses ( the way maxis skin baby's can be part-way between the parents tone) even tho they are still in the custom bin Smiley

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 29, 19:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the Helaene 1111 skins someone made into defaults too.  I actually downloaded like 8 or 9 sets of skins from MTS2 and tried out each and every skin, and that one was by far the best.

Louis's are still my favorite. Helaene has a recent set that nobody has made into defaults yet that I'd actually love to try out (matte finish, light freckling, not so much with the bags under the eyes as a lot of her others), but since nobody's done it yet and I've got other projects I'd rather work on than learning to do it myself, it's Louis's for me.

nectere did those ones as default as a sort of private project.  I didn't like them, they were still too shiny, although I think she likes them.  You could ask her if she still has them and if she'd be willing to share.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 29, 20:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the Helaene 1111 skins someone made into defaults too.  I actually downloaded like 8 or 9 sets of skins from MTS2 and tried out each and every skin, and that one was by far the best.

nectere did those ones as default as a sort of private project.  I didn't like them, they were still too shiny, although I think she likes them.  You could ask her if she still has them and if she'd be willing to share.

The 1/12 set? That's the one I'd like to see. The 11/11 ones are pretty nice, except they have a case of the eyebags like whoa.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 29, 20:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that's the set.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 29, 21:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nectere?  Are you listening?  I'd like to try those helaene skins if you please!  or if you don't please, then I guess I'll have to find something else.

C

liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 29, 21:57:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the Louis set, because they are detailed but not "scary realistic", and they aren't overly shiny. Enayla's skins are nice from a distance, but in my game they look oily and somewhat sickly, maybe because of the yellowish tints?

Simvault's hyper-realistic skins just scare me.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 29, 22:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting thread...I've always wanted some default replacement ones but suck at picking out decent ones.
I think I might try the Helaene ones.... *trusts Bluesoup's raves for them and goes to try them out.*
Lyall
Dimwitted Dunce

Voodoo Snowman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 29, 22:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Louis's #7 too, for the same reasons that others have said already.

Am I the only one who thinks custom skin and eyes look freakish?  Embarrassed

Nah, there have to be other people who think that. We just haven't met them yet. Wink

Hmm, strange, I think the opposite. Maxis defaults look a little weird to me.

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall in an open sewer and die." - Mel Brooks
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 May 30, 01:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using Helaene's for some time; before that I used Duddly's. But I generally choose a custom skin for a sim when I create one—I have skins from Helaene, Allan Akbar, Paradise, X-Sim.com, Elau, and some new ones from Navetsea at MTS2 that I have not yet tried. I seem to use the Akbar skins most often.

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 May 30, 03:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a set of my own out of one of AllenABQ's less scarily hairy sets.  They're close to Maxis standard but with just enough added detail to not have that 'Barbie effect,' or I think they are anyway.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 May 30, 04:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did the same thing; just turned off the Enayla set becasue i didn't particularly like them.  I have the Heleane 805's active now to give them a go.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2006 May 30, 04:11:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did the same thing; just turned off the Enayla set becasue i didn't particularly like them.  I have the Heleane 805's active now to give them a go.

Those are what I used before Louis's, and I quite liked them except that they have a bit too much eye makeup on them. (Actually, even Louis's look a bit overdone about the eyes on some Sims.) Of course, what really sold me on Louis's was the fact that there are matching alien and zombie defaults.

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 May 30, 04:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Links, I want links! Just kidding, I'm sure I can find them on my own... Cool

What I need desperately is a Default Alien skin that doesn't come with pointed ears. My Aliens aren't elves but I do like normal eyes and noses. Cheesy

The few I came across at MTS2 are either garishly neon or simply horrid. I love Dylan's at Laverwinkles, it is perfect except for the ears.

Any suggestions?  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: 2006 May 30, 04:50:14 by MsMaria » Logged

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 May 30, 04:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Umm, I linked that for you at nectere's site, Maria.  Did you see that?  Also, they don't have pointed ears.  Smiley

Unless you don't like the skin, of course.  Cheesy
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 May 30, 04:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Blue! I haven't made the rounds back to Nectere's yet so I hadn't seen it. Thanks a million, going to grab it now! Cheesy

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: